Guys, is there a way to change the auto signature on my Berry when posting to CB?? Instead of it saying sent from my crackberry, is there a way that it can sync with the auto signature that you already have set up with CB??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-08 10:10 PM
    Nope, there is no way to change that at all. One of my
    annoyances with using WAP.
    08-30-08 10:56 PM
    I'm glad to see that question asked and answered. It's a major annoyance for me, too. Perhaps it could be a future enhancement to the WAP forums?
    08-30-08 11:10 PM
    Nope, there is no way to change that at all. One of my
    annoyances with using WAP.
    Thanks AG and Jeff H. I've never seen that question asked before and I was beating myself down trying to figure out how to do it on the website. I've been all through my account settings and everything. Yes you two are correct!! It is an annoyance and as Jeff H has said, we may be able to do it after a future upgrade to the site. Thanks guys!!

08-31-08 04:04 AM
    While were talking enhancing the WAP is it possible to place model, carrier, PIN info in the post headings and possibly a simple signature I don't know how complex the regular forum sigs are.

Post header could look like this:
    Apollo_Creed 05:04 AM Today -- [Reply] [!!]
    Model:xxxx Carrier:xxxxxxxxxx PIN:xxxxxx

Post content here

2 or 3 line text + URL capable signature.

08-31-08 05:16 AM
    I'd like to see the two line header with Model and Carrier as well, since often an issue is carrier dependent: MMS on Sprint, GPS on Verizon. To clarify about the sig, I don't want to see sigs in the wap view, I just want non-wap users to be able to see mine when I post from wap, so that I can refer to the links in it.
    08-31-08 06:42 AM
    All interesting points . What about editing your posts on wap. There is an option to do this but for me when I click on it only the first line of my original message shows and there is no button at the bottom to save . ?

08-31-08 06:51 AM
    When I click edit, I get a one line title box, followed by a full size text entry box with a save button at the bottom. Are you using the BlackBerry Browser with all the configuration boxes checked, including Support for Style Sheets? Support for Style Sheets is required for the wap pages to display properly.

08-31-08 07:09 AM
    I agree that there should be some kind of way that our signature appears. Patrick and Kevin are you listening ? lol
    08-31-08 07:12 AM
    Looks like I did a little stirring with that question. Not much, but a little though. I'm like Jeff H for the most part on letting people be able to refer to the links or refer to your links while making a post from WAP. Some people, myself included, have some very educational links to share but unless you're posting from your home pc, no one will ever see them.

08-31-08 08:47 AM
    I'd like to see the two line header with Model and Carrier as well, since often an issue is carrier dependent: MMS on Sprint, GPS on Verizon. To clarify about the sig, I don't want to see sigs in the wap view, I just want non-wap users to be able to see mine when I post from wap, so that I can refer to the links in it.
    Yes placing our signature at the bottom of posts we make from the WAP definitely. Perhaps make seeing signatures an option we can toggle on or off for WAP use of the forum. Personally I use the WAP more than I use the PC version so seeing device, carrier, pin, and signatures would be extremely nice.

All interesting points . What about editing your posts on wap. There is an option to do this but for me when I click on it only the first line of my original message shows and there is no button at the bottom to save . ?

Are you running a version of 4.5? This is a known issue to many of us here with 4.5. I encounter it in both .56 and .77.
    08-31-08 09:29 AM
    Yes running 4.5.0.37. I have all the tick boxes marked as suggested by Jeff but still not able to edit. Its not a major issue but something I was hoping to clear up.

08-31-08 10:56 AM
    Yes running 4.5.0.37. I have all the tick boxes marked as suggested by Jeff but still not able to edit. Its not a major issue but something I was hoping to clear up.

You and me both. On rare occasion such as now the text wrapped fine and I could reply without having to copy paste to the previous pages box. But 99 out of 100 times it doesn't work.

08-31-08 11:00 AM
    Stoneryno, thanks for confirming you are having the same issues

08-31-08 11:12 AM
    Ok I just tweaked the Emulation mode settings and I can now edit posts with no issues. Emulation mode was set to Blackberry and I changed it to Openwave wap

08-31-08 11:24 AM
    Interesting, I wonder what effect that has on general use of the browser.

EDIT: in fact I just realized I had mine set to MS IE from a test to see if another page would render different and I can edit and quote reply. So perhaps it is just the BB mode for that setting that is causing it.

Last edited by Stoneryno; 08-31-08 at 11:42 AM.
    08-31-08 11:39 AM
    Right I thought I would test again with the Emulation mode set to Blackberry. Low and behold when I select Edit I now have all the original text viewable along with a save button at the bottom as well as option to delete the post. All seems to be well

Last edited by gritmaster; 08-31-08 at 11:46 AM.
    08-31-08 11:44 AM
    Personally I wish no signatures were on wap period.
    Many of us DO have computers & a phone is supposed to be simplistic.
    Many of the links contained in most signatures can be found right here on the site anyway.
    And quite honestly, I dont want to rely on a signature in someone's post from my phone. I prefer the bigger screen of my computer and chances are, if I am having a problem with my phone and have to read other stuff to get it fixed, how am I helping myself fixing AND reading from the same place.

I mean really, who has that kind of time and think of the confusion; esp the confusion a new person would experience from trying to do it this way.

Also, not naming any names so if you feel this is about you, then thats your personal cross to bear; I dont feel that my knowledge is so profound that I have got to be the person someone feels so inclined to click on a link in my signature from wap.

The purpose of wap is quick access. Thank God I dont have to rely on a phone for all my computing needs!
    08-31-08 11:55 AM
    A good point. I hadn't thought about that. My brain was in sleep mode. I guess having signatures viewable on WAP would cause some mess.

08-31-08 12:05 PM
    Personally I wish no signatures were on wap period....The purpose of wap is quick access....
    I agree with ScandaLex on both these points. I don't desire to see sigs taking up the small device screen space either. But for quick access, I'd like to be able to refer people to links that they could see if accessing via their PC. I tell people to find a post by Brian or Crucial or AG or me, since I know they can easily find one. That's not exclude anybody else, those are just ones I know are posted enough to be easily found.

08-31-08 12:29 PM
    Personally I wish no signatures were on wap period.
    Many of us DO have computers & a phone is supposed to be simplistic.
    Many of the links contained in most signatures can be found right here on the site anyway.
    And quite honestly, I dont want to rely on a signature in someone's post from my phone. I prefer the bigger screen of my computer and chances are, if I am having a problem with my phone and have to read other stuff to get it fixed, how am I helping myself fixing AND reading from the same place.

I mean really, who has that kind of time and think of the confusion; esp the confusion a new person would experience from trying to do it this way.

Also, not naming any names so if you feel this is about you, then thats your personal cross to bear; I dont feel that my knowledge is so profound that I have got to be the person someone feels so inclined to click on a link in my signature from wap.

The purpose of wap is quick access. Thank God I dont have to rely on a phone for all my computing needs!
    Some kind of way the original intent of this thread has been torn to he11!! Now, when I originally posted this, no I do not want to see everyones signature via wap first and foremost. I was trying to find out if there was a way that we can post to CB from our Berry and members who use their pc would see the auto signature as if we had posted from our PC even though it came from our Berries. Yes, thank God I don't have to rely on my Berry for all my computing needs either!!!

08-31-08 03:24 PM
    Somehow I think this went a bit off track. The OP's issue I think
    was to get rid of "Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com".
    I would like to not have my WAP posts appended with that also.

The actual threads referenced in a members sig is nice but really
    would make WAP even more cumbersome and cluttered than it is IMO.
    08-31-08 04:22 PM
    I'm afraid my misinterpretation of the OP got the offtrack part. But yes I would, from the regular version of the forum, like to see posts made from the WAP have the members profile signatures rather than the posted from WAP.

08-31-08 11:16 PM
    Stoneryno, I completely agree with seeing the profile info. It
    would be very helpful when dealing with an issue if that were
    visible. The default sig is annoying to me because I NEVER refer
    to my phone as "my CrackBerry" or "berry". And where I am posting
    is almost completely irrelevant.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 08-31-08 at 11:38 PM.
    08-31-08 11:36 PM
    Some kind of way the original intent of this thread has been torn to he11!! Now, when I originally posted this, no I do not want to see everyones signature via wap first and foremost. I was trying to find out if there was a way that we can post to CB from our Berry and members who use their pc would see the auto signature as if we had posted from our PC even though it came from our Berries. Yes, thank God I don't have to rely on my Berry for all my computing needs either!!!

Looks like I did a little stirring with that question. Not much, but a little though. I'm like Jeff H for the most part on letting people be able to refer to the links or refer to your links while making a post from WAP. Some people, myself included, have some very educational links to share but unless you're posting from your home pc, no one will ever see them.

My response was in relation to what you said about links/signatures/wap - so I am not sure where it got torn to h377.

With ALL the people who use the same links via PC, why is it necessary to have the same links via wap. I still stand by my assertion that if I am on my phone seeking help, chances of me getting clear cut answers while trying to fix my phone at the same time are going to be right up there like a nightmare on Elm st.

It's bad enough when people are trying to keep up with links on a PC. The BB is a phone first with web access. And frankly, the information contained in many of these links is time consuming at best to fully take in.

I'd go to h377 before reading the optimization guide on my phone.
    08-31-08 11:40 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD