so i am on the sprint network and i know for sure that parents are able to read text message content and whereabouts of the kid online, (i've seen it first hand), and i was wondering if there was a program or feature i can download onto my blackberry, or something already on my blackberry that would actually block my location or have text messages come up blank online? please help.
    11-30-09 01:09 AM
    I'm not familiar with this service that Sprint offers, but here are my logical assumptions:

Text message content is most likely being pulled from the network end, so there is probably no way to block it on the handset.

Location setting on the phone can be set to 911 only, but if their service can also provide cell tower approximation based location, it won't be of that much help.

If you really want to assure your location privacy, the only way is to get your own line. For messages, you could use either BBM or one of the instant messaging clients, and Sprint would not have access to the data being sent, and would not be able to report it to the account holder.
    11-30-09 01:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD