...that DOES NOT use voice minutes? I travel extensively globally and have a worldwide blackberry data plan - but roaming minutes kill me. What I am looking for is a true data only voip client for my blackberry pearl 8120 that uses only data. I have tried a few, but all seem to indicate that they use voice minutes as well as data.
    Any suggestions appreciated.
    07-09-08 01:28 PM
    I don't know of any. Welcome to CB.
    07-09-08 01:38 PM
    EQO - Mobile VoIP, free texts, and free mobile IM with EQO

That is the only app I know of...

Other than that, you can switch to TMobile and use your 8120s WiFi to call over UMA!! You can do this free from anywhere with Hotspot@Home service

(I had a better write-up for you and accidentally closed my browser window!! sh*t!!)
    07-09-08 01:40 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

The best you can get is Unlicenced Mobile Access and the only carrier that supports it is T-Mobile.

When UMA is active, in any Wifi Hotspot, anywhere on the Planet, you have unlimited VoIP and data.
    07-09-08 01:42 PM
    Thanks for the quick responses.
    Unfortunately I have to stay with ATT (company policy), so I guess I'm toast in using a true voip data only client with my BB? (I think EQO uses minutes).
    07-09-08 01:58 PM
    Thanks for the quick responses.
    Unfortunately I have to stay with ATT (company policy), so I guess I'm toast in using a true voip data only client with my BB? (I think EQO uses minutes).
    Eh, well glad we could help... and Welcome to CrackBerry!!
    07-09-08 02:00 PM
    FYI, I checked with EQO support and they said:

"EQO uses local voice minutes for the duration of the call.
    I don't think that there are any pure VoIP BlackBerry
    clients out there just yet--though I am sure someone will do
    this soon.
    EQO Customer Support"
    07-09-08 02:01 PM
    If this isn't a niche market, I don't know what is Who wouldn't pay a one-time fee to have a tool that goes through the port filter hoops and actually delivers true VoIP...

I know Skype and telecoms have (spoken or not) agreement NOT to allow voice over data plan, so I am wondering how long before we see a third party solution...
    07-12-09 06:43 AM
    Nope. Even EQO uses a local number to call into their network. Skype does the same thing.
    07-12-09 10:22 AM
    i was wondering any new services in this line by now?? this was a old thread..
    07-12-09 11:54 PM
    hey guys... long time reader... first time poster.
    im sorry if this is a stupid question, ive looked around for an answer but couldnt find anythng

i have a curve with sprint. i have unlimited mins and data.
    my girlfriend is in canada at the moment and will be for the yr.
    any voip apps that i can use to call her cell phone for free?
    and if not free, than how much for unltd calls to canada?

thanks in advance
    07-13-09 09:41 PM
    Hi all,

I've tried loading http://m/eqo.com into my 9500 Storm browser (which is set to Blackberry IDentification) but I get a gateway eror saying that address doesn't exist.

Does anyone know how to download EQO OTA??

I'm desperate for a VOIP application on my 9500.

Regards,

Ben
    11-04-09 06:20 AM
    RIM Makes it's own Voip Client / Server that looks pretty cool..
    02-06-10 03:08 AM
    Drum rolls...the only true voip for blackberry is: im+ 4.0 skype for blackberry. U guys can thank me later.

ps if any of u calls want to do a test voip call...please let me know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by vincentnyc; 02-06-10 at 11:18 AM.
    02-06-10 10:58 AM
    I'm a noob when it comes to the latest gadgets but I'm told something about a SIP number. I was told to look at Gizmo5.com but found they were recently acquired by google. Can anyone shed any light? Will this really solve our dilemma?
    06-16-10 08:25 AM
    Just download BlackVoib for free and use it until Sept 15. BlackVoib is a BlackBerry SIP client not tied to any service and runs at least on 4 BlackBerry models.

Just follow the link
    BlackVoib is a SIP client for BlackBerries
    06-26-10 11:40 AM
    Here is another option:

ww.blackberryvoip.com
    02-16-11 10:20 AM
    I use tringme. Its not free.. But it uses wifi.. And so doesn't use your minutes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-11 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD