I wish either one would come out with this phone. I just can't pay the Death Star or VZW any money.....ever again.
    10-20-10 11:03 AM
    Tmobile...maybe someday. Sprint... not a chance. This is a GSM only phone.
    10-20-10 12:29 PM
    A CDMA version is possible, but I haven't heard much about the possibility. Blackberry used to make cdma and gsm versions of most of their handsets, but who knows at this point.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-10 12:56 PM
    I think the Style 9670 would be close enough to the Torch. I actually prefer the clam shell to the slider. It's worth taking a look at if you like the Torch, and it ships with OS 6.0

BlackBerry Style Officially Announced! New Full Qwerty Flip Available from Sprint Oct. 31st for $99.99 | CrackBerry.com
    10-21-10 01:54 PM
    I love BB's, but that clam shell style is hideous!

Least IMO.

I am all for the Torch coming out on Tmobile as I would really take advantage of the crappy 14 days to really test drive one, compared to the couple hours at the ATT store...

10-21-10 03:14 PM
    Well, since this phone was developed with AT&T, I don't see them letting anyone else have it. At least not without some kind of licensing agreement. And can you see T-Mo, Sprint or Verizon paying anything to AT&T who, no doubt, would charge quite a bit for the "privilege"?

10-21-10 04:05 PM
    Tmobile...maybe someday. Sprint... not a chance. This is a GSM only phone.
    RIM made the Curve 8300 line in both GSM and CDMA, so I don't think that's an issue. I think the issue is more along these lines:

Well, since this phone was developed with AT&T, I don't see them letting anyone else have it. At least not without some kind of licensing agreement. And can you see T-Mo, Sprint or Verizon paying anything to AT&T who, no doubt, would charge quite a bit for the "privilege"?
    10-21-10 04:09 PM
    I love BB's, but that clam shell style is hideous!

Agreed!! Sorry to say it, but a BB is meant to be open and exposed to the world....something for them to be in aww of. NOT to be folded up and put in your back pocket like some Motorola...

Just kidding..I love motorolas.............or do I?
    10-21-10 06:32 PM
    A CDMA version is possible, but I haven't heard much about the possibility. Blackberry used to make cdma and gsm versions of most of their handsets, but who knows at this point.

If they don't make a CDMA they will see me ditch BB for good.

Tim
    10-21-10 09:01 PM
    I don't think its hideous at all. Would I buy a clam shell? NO, but if your into flip phones I think it is probably going to be the best one on the market and as far as flip phones go I think it is pretty nice looking. Also you would be really surprised (no offense ladies) on how many girls will buy this phone just for the pretty color. My gf is already thinking about it, she has already stated how it will "match her purse".
    10-21-10 09:12 PM

I know it's possible but I don't think they will. Look how long the Perl has been out and still no CDMA version.
    10-22-10 08:00 AM
    I know it's possible but I don't think they will. Look how long the Perl has been out and still no CDMA version.
    Pearl 8100 - released Q3 2006

Pearl 8130 - released Q3 2007

Curve 83xx was the same way.
    10-22-10 08:05 AM
    Pearl 8100 - released Q3 2006

Pearl 8130 - released Q3 2007

Curve 83xx was the same way.
    I was going by this thread.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/bla...arl-3g-511143/
    10-22-10 08:26 AM
    You missed the point of my post. In that thread its says "As the Pearl 3G is currently only available as a GSM phone..." That doesn't mean there will never be a CDMA version. Again Pearl GSM was released one year before CDMA Pearl (8100 series) and the same goes for Curve 8300 series. But if you need something more recent, if Curve 3G comes in both flavors, why wouldn't Pearl 3G?
    10-22-10 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD