Because its like this.
    My girlfriend really really wanted to get a new phone as her Dopod is almost 1/2 dead .

I was recommending her BB Bold.
    She really really loves it.

Only problem is that with BB, she cannot use her medical software anymore .
    Unless, there is such a thing as medical software for the BB?
    Do let me know. That is the ONLY problem to be honest.
    06-16-09 06:52 AM
    Off the top of my head, Epocrates is available for the BlackBerry. I believe there's another one too but I can't remember the name of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 08:31 AM
    Off the top of my head, Epocrates is available for the BlackBerry. I believe there's another one too but I can't remember the name of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Skyscape. I use it a lot.
    06-16-09 08:58 AM
    The HTC Winmobile phones will run Blackberry Connect, this allows you to retain your Winmobile OS/intervace but have blackberry email on it as well. I ran this for a while (on Touch Diamond) and whilst it was very good (more reliable than any other push email service I had tried) it was not quite as good as a full blown Blackberry. It was trying this option out first that converted me to wanted to go down the Blackberry route.

May be worth looking into though if 3rd party apps are an issue for you but you also want BB email. Be aware you will need to change your unlimited Web for a Blackberry unlimited instead, unless you can afford both ofcourse.
    06-16-09 10:15 AM
    ummm actually, she wanted to get HTC Snap.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/htc-...kberry-248945/

But is it the same as blackberry?
    06-16-09 11:11 AM
    The HTC Winmobile phones will run Blackberry Connect, this allows you to retain your Winmobile OS/intervace but have blackberry email on it as well. I ran this for a while (on Touch Diamond) and whilst it was very good (more reliable than any other push email service I had tried) it was not quite as good as a full blown Blackberry. It was trying this option out first that converted me to wanted to go down the Blackberry route.

May be worth looking into though if 3rd party apps are an issue for you but you also want BB email. Be aware you will need to change your unlimited Web for a Blackberry unlimited instead, unless you can afford both ofcourse.
    but you will not have bb messenger right?
    It's kinda like saying, HTC Windows phone can have BB stuff
    but BB phones cannot have some of the windows apps?
    06-16-09 11:12 AM
    but you will not have bb messenger right?
    It's kinda like saying, HTC Windows phone can have BB stuff
    but BB phones cannot have some of the windows apps?
    As far as I can remember, you get access to push email and bowsing. I seem to recall there was a minor issue with the email - like having it poll your regular account which meant a slight delay. At that time, I had not tried setting up a BB email address and forwarding my regular mail to it - which is what I do now. I really can't remember if setting up a BB email address was possible. What I do remember is that it was far more reliable and regular than anything I had tried with Activesynch etc..

Sorry I can't remember the details, maybe someone else can and will post here or there may be something in the BIS area. I remember being concerned at the time to make sure that all browsing went through the BB browser which is installed in aseparate folder - to make shure I didn't get extra charges. I didn't have any other BB goodies though like BB messenger and BB maps - but could use TomTom which is better in my view.

EDIT - sorry I meant the BB Connect area on this forum not BIS area.
    Last edited by aeronk; 06-16-09 at 11:48 AM.
    06-16-09 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD