Dowloaded the the newest version from the BB website, uninstalled the old version (which did not work), when clicking on the exe file I get a one second window flash and nothing happens at all. There is no error code or dialog box, nothing.
    07-16-15 05:06 PM
    The only easy way it's to restore from a back up if you have one and then just update BlackBerry 10 software
    Or if you don't have a restore point you need to delete from registry one by one it will take a long time

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 05:15 PM
    Try running CCleaner on your laptop. Remove all of the registry entries related to BlackBerry it finds, then reboot. Afterwards, run Windows Update and make sure you have the latest patches, then download the Desktop software (combination of Blend, Link, and drivers) again but save the file to your device. Once it's finished, right click on the file and choose Run as Administrator.

If that still doesn't work, you may have a larger issue with Windows.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 06:32 AM
    Dowloaded the the newest version from the BB website, uninstalled the old version (which did not work), when clicking on the exe file I get a one second window flash and nothing happens at all. There is no error code or dialog box, nothing.
    As others mentioned, clean your registry. I would also try to shut off any ani-virus software including the windows version. Is it possible right clicking and running as administrator?

Posted via CB10
    07-18-15 08:36 AM
    Bad news, guy! It isn't your antivirus, registry or Windows 8.1 causing the problem. I used USB cable to sync my Q10 Just fine until OS 10.2 came out. Look at extensive posts by other frustrated users...
    BlackBerry dropped the ball on this one and for nearly a year I've seen people post ideas on how to fix this but none work. Most say we should just "modernize" to using Outlook.com so you aren't alone. I wish I had better news but that's been the reality.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 03:26 PM
    no is not , i've got it working on win 7 pro,win 8.1 and win 10 developer version
    07-19-15 04:57 PM
    I have both link and blend working on Windows 8.1 without issue. I did have an issue when updating link a while back but I found deleting the App and device drivers then reinstalling fixed the issue.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 05:35 PM
    Try running CCleaner on your laptop. Remove all of the registry entries related to BlackBerry it finds, then reboot. Afterwards, run Windows Update and make sure you have the latest patches, then download the Desktop software (combination of Blend, Link, and drivers) again but save the file to your device. Once it's finished, right click on the file and choose Run as Administrator.

If that still doesn't work, you may have a larger issue with Windows.

Posted via CB10

Can you install a new copy of Windows on a separate partition, just for testing?

Windows is so easy to break, and just loves reinstalls... :-(

If you would like to try and keep all settings, but just fix Windows, do this:

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-re...-installation/

Also run a commandline as administrator and type at the C:\ > prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Hope that healths... ;-) (helps!)

�   "BB Android Armageddon: Chenisys is uploading in 5,4,3..."   �
    07-19-15 06:46 PM