Most of the apps people have been complaining about I noticed that you can just go on Internet and use for example sound cloud I have been On all night listening and sharing so why would I need any of the 3 apps offered

Posted via cb10 spookyentertainment - YouTube
    07-15-14 12:38 AM
    Likely because there are some people who prefer the convenience of a dedicated, well rendered application. There are some cases where they come in handy.
    07-15-14 12:43 AM
    07-15-14 12:49 AM
    I'd say there are many apps/games that can't or is inconvenient to use online.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 01:36 AM
    What three apps are u talking about?

For most, the browser on a small screen isn't as convenient, or user friendly as a app

Posted via CB10
    propeller10 likes this.
    07-15-14 01:45 AM
    Like?

Posted via cb10 spookyentertainment - YouTube
    Apps with real time notifications. Plus apps usually have settings where you can customize what content you get from the app. If you're scrolling around on a website it might take you longer to find the things you're trying to see. Then there are apps that just don't work as a website, like fitness apps with GPS tracking.
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    07-15-14 07:46 AM
    Holy sh!t...

Posted via CB10
    peednus likes this.
    07-15-14 08:02 AM
    (this again) If it works for you GREAT!

But please understand that for many the convenience and features of an App are much better than most Websites that may or may not be formatted for a mobile device. Never mind the number of apps that are available on any website.

People want to use apps, they expect to use apps, and sometimes they need to use apps..... just because BlackBerry can't provide apps doesn't mean that we have to accept that and try to make others believe they aren't really needed.
    ajst222 likes this.
    07-15-14 08:09 AM
    It depends on the app. If you're travelling, it's much more convenient to have an airline app that will keep track of all your reservations without having to log in or remember your confirmation number. Other things like Sound Cloud or even banking work fine with just the web browser but you have to remember that the web browser on BB10 works differently than on other platforms. For one thing, it's much faster at loading web pages which makes it a breeze to use. And it also allows multitasking... for example, I can have my web browser streaming an hour-long podcast from YouTube while I do other things on my device. This is not possible on iOS (amongst many other things), which is why they need an app for everything (although even the YouTube app on my iOS device also doesn't let me multitask).
    07-15-14 08:12 AM