I remember when 10.1 came out we already knew some things that were to be expected in 10.2. Shortly thereafter the 10.2 leaks started. 10.2 is now out in the z30 and coming to other devices shortly.

I have yet to see any official evidence of 10.3 existing. Can someone with more information (such as a dev) comment on this? Has there been any dates set for the release of new software kits? I'm really looking for a reason to believe BlackBerry is not done providing updates after 10.2.

I'm not looking for a debate regarding BlackBerry 's survival, I am looking for concrete evidence that BlackBerry is and has been working on something past 10.2. Is there anything official out there regarding the next step in software?
    10-15-13 11:57 AM
    I don't think there has been any sightings yet. 10.2.1 is the next step for now
    sk8er_tor and thisiscjay like this.
    10-15-13 11:59 AM
    I don't think there has been any sightings yet. 10.2.1 is the next step for now
    Right...which doesn't bring much new. So I'm not seeing any plans for major new features.

Fan boys (not saying you slc) can list off all the things in 10.2.1 they want but really it doesn't bring much new to the table.

Really no 10.3?
    10-15-13 12:03 PM
    Clewley did mention on twitter about a month ago that there will be road maps for the up coming OS'. But that was a month ago.

I think there's a bit of confusion. With the OS' since I think the 10.2.1 is going to be the next major update after 10.2. Then 10.3, so once 10.2.1 is above 10.2.1.1xxx then that is where you will see evidence of 10.3 just like in the past OS.

Just my opinion. Ofutur is the one you need to talk to. He seems to know a lot about that stuff.

So far in 10.2.1 all I know is panorama (plus more video/camera modes), FM radio, transparent icons instead of having a box around it, right now it's unknown if there will be a switch (transparent or box around icons) but as of now they are going to go transparent like androids icons.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 12:03 PM
    Clewley did mention on twitter about a month ago that there will be road maps for the up coming OS'. But that was a month ago.

I think there's a bit of confusion. With the OS' since I think the 10.2.1 is going to be the next major update after 10.2. Then 10.3, so once 10.2.1 is above 10.2.1.1xxx then that is where you will see evidence of 10.3 just like in the past OS.

Just my opinion. Ofutur is the one you need to talk to. He seems to know a lot about that stuff.

So far in 10.2.1 all I know is panorama (plus more video/camera modes), FM radio, transparent icons instead of having a box around it, right now it's unreal if there will be a switch but as of now they are going to go transparent like androids icons.

Posted via CB10
    When I read "the next thing is 10.2.1" all I'm hearing is not much new coming and no evidence of anything past that
    10-15-13 12:06 PM
    Tweet Clewley if there will be a road map coming out soon for future OS

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 12:08 PM
    So the next major update gives panorama mode and clear icons. With no concrete new features confirmed after this.
    10-15-13 12:08 PM
    Tweet Clewley if there will be a road map coming out soon for future OS

Posted via CB10
    He only gives vague answers. And if there was new features coming soon devs here would know.
    10-15-13 12:09 PM
    Forget 10.3. What about BB11? Shouldn't that be coming down the pike in a few months?
    10-15-13 12:13 PM
    Forget 10.3. What about BB11? Shouldn't that be coming down the pike in a few months?
    Thinking the exact same thing

Posted via CB10
    SEAWARRIOR and flyingsolid like this.
    10-15-13 12:14 PM
    I am still waiting for the official 10.2 for my Z10 to be available. I would assume they would continue to release more updates in the future. Some people just have to create chaos where there is none, so sad.

Posted via CB10
    mcmolineux likes this.
    Exactly...and that is sort of what I mean when I say 10.3....a large update bringing many new features to at least catch up for a minute.

Trying to decide if I should keep the Z10 as a novelty when I move on.
    So the next major update gives panorama mode and clear icons. With no concrete new features confirmed after this.
    Supposed to be more than panorama, it also brings radio, and a few other little enhancements

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 12:18 PM
    What's coming in the next major Android update? What's coming in the next major iOS update? BB10.2.0.XXX Is not even out to everyone yet. BB10.2.1.XXX is next. We are getting some clues to that one now. Relax man...lol
    10-15-13 12:22 PM
    You may be suffering from 'Leaked OS fatigue', fact is, there have been many improvements ermmm, bug fixes. So I guess after rocking every version that has been leaked(BB10), or changing out modules for newer versions, some don't know what is supported and others aren't even aware of what 10.2.1. will even bring to the BlackBerry experience.

As an aside, you can't even copy a whole BBM chat with 10.1, but you can on 10.2.1 (possibly on others versions as well)

How about we get 10.2. released to the users then we can visit 10.3 or BB11 or whatever it is that they want to call it. As of now, they have devices in the works for 2014 (Sounds weird for a company who may not be here to be thinking of the next device)

Not sure what you are expecting. The company's future is uncertain, sales are not as robust as expected, BlackBerry took a massive hit when they declared the Z surplus and wrote them off. Not known for keeping deadlines, and even less for direction and focus (right now)

If you still need to get rid of your Z, PM me. Provided it's not one of the dreaded STL100-1s, I'm sure we could come to an understanding
    10-15-13 12:29 PM
    What's coming in the next major Android update? What's coming in the next major iOS update? BB10.2.0.XXX Is not even out to everyone yet. BB10.2.1.XXX is next. We are getting some clues to that one now. Relax man...lol
    Android is already where it needs to be as evidenced by the large fan base. Small updates are ok for Android. BB10 is not where it needs to be, as evidenced by the DISMAL sales. BB10 has a lot of catching up to do and I see no signs of that happening unless some proof is provided here.

I don't need a lesson on what is next based on leaks we have seen. I'm on this site more than you. I want to know if a major update is coming that has not been talked about much that perhaps devs know about.
    10-15-13 12:32 PM
    But we KNOW as certainly as the sun will rise tomorrow in the east that there WILL be an Android update. Same goes for iOS 8. Can't say the same for BB11.
    10-15-13 12:37 PM
    Android is already where it needs to be as evidenced by the large fan base. Small updates are ok for Android. BB10 is not where it needs to be, as evidenced by the DISMAL sales. BB10 has a lot of catching up to do and I see no signs of that happening unless some proof is provided here.

I don't need a lesson on what is next based on leaks we have seen. I'm on this site more than you. I want to know if a major update is coming that has not been talked about much that perhaps devs know about.
    Take this with a giant grain of salt but..my guess is we will see signs of a 10.3 in q1 next year, their are features that are coming (we know this because of evidence found) no signs of them in 10.2 yet (keep in mind they still may come in 10.2.1 seeing that thats in early development stage) what doesn't show up in 10.2.1 will most likely be 10.3 or maybe eve 10.2.2,10.2.3, 10.2.4....etc we dont know
    10-15-13 12:37 PM
    I remember when 10.1 came out we already knew some things that were to be expected in 10.2. Shortly thereafter the 10.2 leaks started. 10.2 is now out in the z30 and coming to other devices shortly.

I have yet to see any official evidence of 10.3 existing. Can someone with more information (such as a dev) comment on this? Has there been any dates set for the release of new software kits? I'm really looking for a reason to believe BlackBerry is not done providing updates after 10.2.

I'm not looking for a debate regarding BlackBerry 's survival, I am looking for concrete evidence that BlackBerry is and has been working on something past 10.2. Is there anything official out there regarding the next step in software?

You won't find any evidence of 10.3.
    10-15-13 12:38 PM
    You may be suffering from 'Leaked OS fatigue', fact is, there have been many improvements ermmm, bug fixes. So I guess after rocking every version that has been leaked(BB10), or changing out modules for newer versions, some don't know what is supported and others aren't even aware of what 10.2.1. will even bring to the BlackBerry experience.

As an aside, you can't even copy a whole BBM chat with 10.1, but you can on 10.2.1 (possibly on others versions as well)

How about we get 10.2. released to the users then we can visit 10.3 or BB11 or whatever it is that they want to call it. As of now, they have devices in the works for 2014 (Sounds weird for a company who may not be here to be thinking of the next device)

Not sure what you are expecting. The company's future is uncertain, sales are not as robust as expected, BlackBerry took a massive hit when they declared the Z surplus and wrote them off. Not known for keeping deadlines, and even less for direction and focus (right now)

If you still need to get rid of your Z, PM me. Provided it's not one of the dreaded STL100-1s, I'm sure we could come to an understanding

"How about we get 10.2. released to the users then we can visit 10.3 or BB11 or whatever it is that they want to call it"

Well if I was on the BlackBerry software release execution team that would be my concern. As a fan on this site and as a long time consumer/prosumer of BlackBerry products my concern is a little bit past making sure every **** and Jane gets 10.2 safely. We knew about 10.2 before 10.1 was released. Hardware I have given up on already - and I am aware they are still working on Kopi I talked with an employee about this last week. Doesn't mean squat though. I just want to know about software.

And thank God we can copy/paste the whole convo on BBM with the next update coming out in 2014. The messiah is born.

What I am expecting is innovative, new features.

Still haven't been shown one shred of evidence by anyone.
    10-15-13 12:39 PM
    Take this with a giant grain of salt but..my guess is we will see signs of a 10.3 in q1 next year, their are features that are coming (we know this because of evidence found) no signs of them in 10.2 yet (keep in mind they still may come in 10.2.1 seeing that thats in early development stage) what doesn't show up in 10.2.1 will most likely be 10.3 or maybe eve 10.2.2,10.2.3, 10.2.4....etc we dont know
    Please do expand on,

"their are features that are coming (we know this because of evidence found) no signs of them in 10.2 yet"

What features have been confirmed to come past 10.2?

"10.3 or maybe eve 10.2.2,10.2.3, 10.2.4."

At the rate that BlackBerry is dropping versions it will take two years to see these out. Even then, please advise whats in them? Any competitive advantage?
    10-15-13 12:44 PM
    N4BB guys told me that Gary Klassen moved to Sweden to work with the TAT team one things for 10.3. I'm assuming they wouldn't send a top dog over there without good reason.

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    10-15-13 12:45 PM
    Please do expand on,

"their are features that are coming (we know this because of evidence found) no signs of them in 10.2 yet"

What features have been confirmed to come past 10.2?

"10.3 or maybe eve 10.2.2,10.2.3, 10.2.4."

At the rate that BlackBerry is dropping versions it will take two years to see these out. Even then, please advise whats in them? Any competitive advantage?
    I can't point out of all of em exactly, but if u go through ofutur's posts on cb you'll see alot,

Btw, seems to me like it's your opinion that blackberry is moving slow with updates?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 12:49 PM
    Still haven't been shown one shred of evidence by anyone.
    Sorry you are not privy to internal discussions on what will be in the next update after the next update.
    10-15-13 12:49 PM
    Sorry you are not privy to internal discussions on what will be in the next update after the next update.
    We knew about the major update 10.2 when 10.1 was released.

10.2 is now in stores on the z30 and yet no work on the next MAJOR update.

Seems things have slowed down unless you can provide evidence?

No evidence? Wheres the evidence? Last time there was evidence. Where is it now?
    10-15-13 12:54 PM
95 123 ...