05-20-13 10:53 PM
50 12
tools
    Since you think time will answer my question, I've been here for about 3.5 years. It looks like you just joined last month. Maybe if YOU give this place time you'll see that not all frustrated users are here to bash.

Here's a gem of one of my first posts here upon getting the 9700:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rd-out-365007/

Not proud of that, lol. But luckily for me there wasn't some troll patrol telling people to ignore me because I seemed to be bashing the device. I got help and found out the other problems I was having were due to an outage. It was crappy timing for sure, but being new to BB I didn't know any better. Again, if you continue to follow the thread in question, you'll see it's not a basher, just a frustrated user looking for answers. I'm sure the majority of members on this site have been there at one time or another.
    Aww, you were just a wee itty bitty pantless penguine back then.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    05-08-13 01:33 PM
    Using the "troll" word should be an instant ban for the rest of the day.
    You should come ban people in "Rehab and Off-Topic Lounge". You can get banned more than once in a day! It's a grand ol' time. Just look for "Ban the Person Above You Game".

Banned for mentioning trolls.
    shaleem likes this.
    05-08-13 01:52 PM
    Using the "troll" word should be an instant ban for the rest of the day.
    Really? This should be educational. Please continue on just how you plan to police words you don't like.

As for the OP and the ongoing dilemma, it is what it is; this is the world we live in online. There is money involved here, and whatever these characters can do to muddy the waters and help you make a choice on whatever product, especially a confused choice, they will do. Trolling, astroturfing, incessant threads that only minimally have to do with BB that casually name-drop other brands and change the topic entirely into a discussion about the merits of said brands, ad hominem, whitelisted "ghost members" and alternate handles under which repetitive threads can be made to keep traffic moving around here for ad money, any and every marketing trick in the book is in use on this site. It is going to happen, adjust your filters accordingly.
    05-08-13 02:14 PM
    Okay, so if folks are experiencing problems with a new phone (and a brand new OS) and express frustrations, they're to be branded as bashers and folks are to ignore them?

Good grief.
    pantlesspenguin and shaleem like this.
    05-08-13 03:04 PM
    Since you think time will answer my question, I've been here for about 3.5 years. It looks like you just joined last month. Maybe if YOU give this place time you'll see that not all frustrated users are here to bash.

Here's a gem of one of my first posts here upon getting the 9700:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rd-out-365007/

Not proud of that, lol. But luckily for me there wasn't some troll patrol telling people to ignore me because I seemed to be bashing the device. I got help and found out the other problems I was having were due to an outage. It was crappy timing for sure, but being new to BB I didn't know any better. Again, if you continue to follow the thread in question, you'll see it's not a basher, just a frustrated user looking for answers. I'm sure the majority of members on this site have been there at one time or another.
    Wow I even remember that post! Bonus Internet points for nostalgia.

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    05-08-13 08:03 PM
    They just want to be noticed and brought to the top of the list. If BlackBerry lovers don't comment we can identify who the bashers are over here

Posted via CB10
    Stop telling me what to do.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 08:04 PM
    As one of the rudest basher bashers around, even I try to help when I can.

When I see an absurd claim, however, the gloves come off.

Good point about just ignoring them and letting their threads sink, though.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 08:25 PM
    They just want to be noticed and brought to the top of the list. If BlackBerry lovers don't comment we can identify who the bashers are over here

Posted via CB10
    if you don't like a post,,, scroll on,,, no need to expect everyone else to not reply just 'cuz you don't want them to...
    05-08-13 08:44 PM
    Let's just ban "First" posters

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 10:05 PM
    Let's just ban "First" posters

Posted via CB10
    i like 1st posters,,, it p!sses off uptight people & garners even more uptight responses from them...
    05-09-13 09:14 AM
    There's a problem with this. Say someone seeks this forum out because they're having problems with their phone. They could be very angry/frustrated about their problems when they post, and use some choice words or phrases that they wouldn't use otherwise. You seem to be advocating ignoring these people. I thought the point of this forum was for people who are well-versed in BB devices to help those that are having issues? What's the point of ignoring people that are having problems just because you question the tone they use?
    Unless your a child you should know to be professional enough to post your question or issue and not the whine... we are all adults here so er should post like them. This is a professional forum, be professional.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 09:18 AM
    Unless your a child you should know to be professional enough to post your question or issue and not the whine... we are all adults here so er should post like them. This is a professional forum, be professional.

Posted via CB10
    So in all of your adult years, you've NEVER said something out of frustration? Ever? I know you catch more flies with honey than vinegar, and I use this often, but even I've had my moments. I UNDERSTAND the mindset of someone coming here in frustration. The link I shared was a time when I was a noob here and I did just that, and I was well into adulthood at that time. When you just spend a lot of money for a shiny new piece of technology and all you want is for it to work right, but there's one or two little issues that are preventing you from making the most of the device and all you want is for those to go away...you get frustrated! You may say nasty things about the device because your old one "just worked."

If strong language offends you, the internet might not be the best place for you. For me, I can look past an initial strongly worded claim and offer help. If they continue to whine and scream and not take any advice, that's another story. But that's absolutely not the case with the example thread that the OP posted which prompted this thread. The OP made a snap judgement that the author of that thread was here to bash, when in reality he was just frustrated and needed advice.
    jegs2 and Saiga like this.
    05-09-13 09:51 AM
    @op

With regards to the thread you linked earlier, in your failed attempt to highlight a basher, I see that you posted in the thread to only say that you agree you wont help him, because of his wording.

You know what they say, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. Witch hunts are so passe, don't you think? Let's put away the pitchforks away, shall we?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    pantlesspenguin, jegs2 and h20work like this.
    05-09-13 10:32 AM
    I think unless you pretend that the z10 is perfect, and bash other phones, you should be banned.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 11:45 AM
    Look at all the posts here are these from BlackBerry lovers or bashers?

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 03:00 AM
    Look at all the posts here are these from BlackBerry lovers or bashers?

Posted via CB10
    I prefer to call them "participants".
    h20work, jegs2 and xandermac like this.
    05-18-13 04:20 AM
    I call them paid bashers on here without even having a BlackBerry phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 06:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm willing to bet a lot of us have owned more bb's than you have
    05-18-13 11:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    Dude, the guy you called a paid basher was here needing help WITH HIS PHONE. I don't understand how you can't see that. Did he use harsh words at the beginning? Sure. He was FRUSTRATED that he couldn't use his new device that he paid good money for in the manner that it was supposed to work. Again, I assert we've all been there at some point.

What you're doing is advocating ignoring anyone who doesn't have a 100% glowing recommendation for BB10 devices and ignoring people that come here needing help because something on their devices isn't working the way it should. And what about those that come here asking about BB10 devices wondering how they compare to the OS they're currently used to? I bet you assume they're paid bashers too, just here to champion their current device/OS. I warned CB about behaving the way you are shortly before the BB10 launch:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...members-765074

I still stand by this. It's a great time to be a BlackBerry fan and supporter, but to behave in the way you're advocating doesn't do BlackBerry or the Crackberry community any good. Just relax and let those who want to help do so.
    shaleem and jegs2 like this.
    05-18-13 12:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't know about "bashers." But there are certainly some "pants-pi55ing cry-babies" about.
    shaleem likes this.
    05-18-13 12:22 PM
    If you're dense,...I mean those who point and scream troll at anything they don't like.

Looking at you aloy12.
    05-18-13 12:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Awesome. You call them paid bashers...we call you a turd. Seems like it works for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 12:27 PM
    Awesome. You call them paid bashers...we call you a turd. Seems like it works for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    Seriously people get paid to bash phones? Sounds like easy money, where can I sign up?! I'm an equally opportunity hater I will bash all phones equally

Posted via my iPhone 4
    05-20-13 05:42 PM
    I'm lost in the irony of a post commenting on not commenting on bashers ;p
    05-20-13 07:08 PM
    50th commenter

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 10:53 PM
50 12