Another noob question. Say you are leaving ur state and u make a call to another state. The service provider charges u extra.

So what about data plans. Is there only one charge. Assuming u dun goto another country and stay in ur country u don't get charged extra for using data right?

Ultimately I am wondering if that means I can surf the web on my laptop while tethering the berry, anywhere in the country where my service provider covers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-10 12:03 AM
    No there is no data roaming charges, same with sms, as long as you are in your coverage area.
    04-24-10 12:32 AM
    Here lemme clear it out. Now I'm assuming you live in the US. Lemme assume you have Verizon. You can go anywhere in the lower 48 or Hawaii or Alaska without any frets and call anyone and just have it use your minutes (M2M/Plan/etc.) as per your agreement with your carrier. Data is exactly the same.
    04-24-10 03:21 AM
    Woah, carriers in the US charge you roaming charges if you leave your state?

04-24-10 08:59 AM
    Woah, carriers in the US charge you roaming charges if you leave your state?

The large nationwide carriers (VZW, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint) do not. Maybe some small local carriers do.
    04-24-10 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD