i know there is this app to hack google map to use over wifi:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f65/aerize-wifix-327113/

but are there any free hack to do it instead?
    02-07-10 09:01 PM
    I don't think you would get very far lol with it going over wifi. Anyway, I don't know of a free one, but that is only $5 right now.
    02-09-10 08:42 AM
    Do you still get charged for data usage? B/c from what I have read, google maps uses a lot of data which can get expensive very fast. thanks
    07-28-10 02:44 PM
    Can someone explain what this means? Why wouldn't google maps work over wifi? I've used it many of times....
    07-28-10 02:57 PM
    Can someone explain what this means? Why wouldn't google maps work over wifi? I've used it many of times....
    i think, like most blackberry apps, google maps requires a blackberry data plan. im guessing the OP wants to be able to not pay for the data plan, therefore only use it over wifi. which sounds kinda stupid since why would you need a mapping program if you are confined to within 300ft of a router.
    07-29-10 02:02 AM
    i dont see the problem with wanting to do this. i use google maps inside all the time. if im going out for a long cycle or even a drive i sometimes use google maps to work out a route before i go. I dont think you can use it without a data plan tho. altho i think i did read someplace that if you are on a pay as you go tarrif all you need to do is set up the apn settings on the blackberry and it will work then, but i dont see that working really.
    08-04-10 03:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD