I'm in the same boat as some. Eligible for an upgrade in April and not sure what to do. I've been a huge BB fan for the last 3 years, but I'm still frustrated by a few things...the same things you hear over and over. Crappy browser (slow!), unbelievably limited usable memory, and memory leaks. Those are my three main gripes.

I'm intrigued by Android devices, but there aren't any on AT&T yet. I hear they'll get a couple this year, but we don't know when.

My most important criteria, in order, are:
    1. Voice
    2. Email & Text
    3. Web browsing
    4. Third party apps

What to do...what to do...may just hold onto the Bold until I see something I REALLY gotta have!
    02-15-10 09:55 PM
    Haha that's funny! Good to see someone with a jovial spirit!

But hey! I own an iPhone 3G (third one actually as part of the search for one that wouldn't drop 50% of it's calls) and it is king of the hill, the benchmark in many areas as a platform. iTunes ecosystem is KING.

But I'm saying the iPhone 3G is the problem more than the network. Maybe the 3GS has a better radio. Don't depend on voice heavily? iPhone is wonderful. But I would never tell a real estate agent to buy one for example.

iPhone always manages to acquire the s*** end of the stick no matter the thread lol.

So on to JBOBH's post About the Droid, this is true it is a multitasking beast, and the thing I love about android is it's ability to seamlessly sync with all the google clients. Very nice operating system in terms of multitasking.
    02-15-10 10:06 PM
    Haha that's funny! Good to see someone with a jovial spirit!

But hey! I own an iPhone 3G (third one actually as part of the search for one that wouldn't drop 50% of it's calls) and it is king of the hill, the benchmark in many areas as a platform. iTunes ecosystem is KING.

But I'm saying the iPhone 3G is the problem more than the network. Maybe the 3GS has a better radio. Don't depend on voice heavily? iPhone is wonderful. But I would never tell a real estate agent to buy one for example.
    lol well thanks and no the radio isnt any better on the 3Gs then the 3G sadly, maybe on the 4G they might do something about that (probably not though), and yea im a pretty happy poster i guess you can say, you have to be when your name is iphoneloyalist on a Blackberry site, i get attacked at least 3 times a day and most of the time its not cause i said something about the iPhone its just because i own one.
    02-15-10 11:00 PM
    Ok, this is going to sound like something I should already know.. but is Verizon's "Droid" the same the as the "Android" - or are we talking 2 different types of phones.

sorry - I know I should know this, but I have fallen behind on what the new devices are....

Which is partly because I am happy with my 8330, but I hope BB comes out with something new when it's time to upgrade, or I am moving on.
    02-20-10 02:42 PM
    @Jason123: Android is an Operating System, the Motorola Droid uses it. So do phones like HTC Hero, etc.

As for the thread, I'm due for an early upgrade any day now. I want to get the Nexus one, but for some reason I want a Blackberry more. I want the Storm2, and save for the Storm 3 when it comes out. But the Storm2 will get me through the year.
    But even though that's my idea, I still kind of want an Android phone...but something about BlackBerry keeps me wanting more of that! I don't know if it's the OS leaks, the community, theming, or just the future potential supposedly coming in 2010...BlackBerry may be where I stay.
    02-20-10 02:57 PM
    @Jason123: Android is an Operating System, the Motorola Droid uses it. So do phones like HTC Hero, etc.

As for the thread, I'm due for an early upgrade any day now. I want to get the Nexus one, but for some reason I want a Blackberry more. I want the Storm2, and save for the Storm 3 when it comes out. But the Storm2 will get me through the year.
    But even though that's my idea, I still kind of want an Android phone...but something about BlackBerry keeps me wanting more of that! I don't know if it's the OS leaks, the community, theming, or just the future potential supposedly coming in 2010...BlackBerry may be where I stay.

Ok, so what you mean is that when people say go with the Android, they are referring to the OS or the "platform"... So if I choose any phone with the Android OS, whether it is the Droid or HTC, I will be getting a decent system... is that right ? And... will the phone be functionally the same, whether I choose the Droid or HTC... ie) I know they are different manufacturers, but will the phone screen look/function in a similar matter ?

sorry again for my ignorance...it's been a while since I have visited CB.
    02-20-10 03:15 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD