I've had my Blackberry 8220 for a year. I call it my Crashberry because it does almost every week with app error 523 (and yes I've done everything suggested to prevent it). I've ruled out everything except the Blackberry clock itself. From my experience that "uncaught exception" with the clock seems to trigger it. Can't take it anymore and need a new phone pronto. Are there any Blackberrys in existance with all mod cons that do not crash. I know how to recover this one with JL_Commander and Desktop manager. Would hate to switch to a new phone that crashes and that I can't recover. Thanks.
    10-22-10 10:18 AM
    My 9000, 9700, and 9800 with the latest OS have all been bulletproof.
    10-22-10 10:40 AM
    do you mean to say that the Pearl Flip has all the bells and whistles?
    Last edited by plkcable; 10-22-10 at 11:02 AM.
    10-22-10 10:44 AM
    You got a dud. My wife had the 8220 for over a year with zero issues. Go Bold. The Torch has the odd need for a battery pull and you may not like that...
    10-22-10 10:52 AM
    You got a dud. My wife had the 8220 for over a year with zero issues. Go Bold. The Torch has the odd need for a battery pull and you may not like that...
    I've had my Torch since 8/12 and haven't pulled the battery once.
    10-22-10 12:48 PM
    do you mean to say that the Pearl Flip has all the bells and whistles?
    Lol I was thinking the same thing.
    10-22-10 01:35 PM
    My 9700 was just up for about 620 hours. It only died when I ran out of battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-10 02:26 PM
    I've had my Blackberry 8220 for a year. I call it my Crashberry because it does almost every week with app error 523 (and yes I've done everything suggested to prevent it). I've ruled out everything except the Blackberry clock itself. From my experience that "uncaught exception" with the clock seems to trigger it. Can't take it anymore and need a new phone pronto. Are there any Blackberrys in existance with all mod cons that do not crash. I know how to recover this one with JL_Commander and Desktop manager. Would hate to switch to a new phone that crashes and that I can't recover. Thanks.
    Yea the other guys hit the nail on the head. IF you go to T-Mobiles forums and venture into the 8220 forum you will see TONS of complaints regarding that phone.... The 9700 and the 8900 are pretty steady phones.

10-22-10 03:01 PM
    since Aug 12,2010 ( Torch Launch date) i have never done a battery pull.
    10-22-10 03:14 PM
    Yes. My 9700 has Zero problems since updating the OS to 979.

Sometimes the OS needs some love

10-22-10 03:33 PM
    I have only done two battery pulls on my Torch, and both were using the Facebook app. The device has been rock solid. My husband hasn't had one single battery pull. We both got our phones on launch day.

My 9650 for work has also been rock solid. Not even one battery pull.

My 9700 is absolutely perfect.

My 9000 had horrible memory drain issues. Very disappointing device for me.

10-22-10 04:01 PM
    I recommend the 9700 on TMO or wait for the 9780. I have had zero issues with my 9700 since I got it last year.
    10-22-10 04:13 PM
    2 Battery Pulls for my Torch 9800

Both because of the Camera, apart from that this is the best smartphone I've used, every bell and whistle I want is here ( well MOST, since NO phone offers everything I want yet )
    10-22-10 07:01 PM
    This information is wonderful! Thank you. The phone was a gift and has been great at times and a headache most of the time. I personally never make a purchase without researching it first but didn't have a choice in this instance. Regarding the "bells and whistles," I am technologically challenged and I admit it. My phone is high-tech to me. (I grew up playing with tin cans and string and thought that was cool.) I know there's more out there and I'm more than ready!
    10-22-10 08:39 PM
    Had a lot of battery pulls and clock with the S1.

Pearl 8100 was solid! Never once did I do a battery pull in it.

8900 was a rock as well and did occasional BP.

9700 has been the best phone I have used to date and yes, I have done a good 10 BP's in a year, most due to an app...and instead of a soft reset or a prompt, I did a BP instead....locked up on me twice, but sometimes it just needs some love....no worries as it is a mini computer basically...

A lot of people never do BP's though.

I seldom ever get the clock, once in a blue moon....

10-23-10 06:51 AM
    Do you have themes on it ! Uncaught exception seems to come from themes sometimes. I have had several blackberry's and the pf was the one I hated the most. No offence, it was the least stable berry I have ever owned.

10-23-10 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD