I like my blackberry 9630 tour
    I will not be upgrading to 9650 bold
    Want to know when we would be expecting a blackberry with 4G and OS6?
    06-08-10 05:37 AM
    Most rumors point to the S3 supporting LTE. I know VZW is wrapping up the phase 1 implementation in August and testing until they launch in November. historically you start with notebook cards and things like that but VZW has stayed they have 5 4G devices in the pipe and they will show them in January and have them released by May. So does that mean we are Storm 3 rocking LTE in january or December? Or even November? Who knows.

But RIM should have a 4G berry on VZW by May.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 07:15 AM
    Should I update from BB storm to storm 2 now? or wait.. wish I know if the Iphone was coming or not.
    06-08-10 09:55 AM
    4G is not all that. In fact 3G will be faster in many areas for years to come. Best to wait it out.
    06-08-10 02:55 PM
    4G is not all that. In fact 3G will be faster in many areas for years to come. Best to wait it out.
    HUH? What do you base this on?

3G would only be faster in places where 4G has not been rolled out...
    06-08-10 03:01 PM
    06-08-10 03:02 PM
    Most country don't even have 3G yet or is incomplete. 4G is still far way. Verizon will probably be the first few to roll out 4G with very few roaming partners.

RIM, Apple, Nokia, HTC all already have a 4G research department ready for deployment. 4G is not being singled out of the smartphone battle.
    06-08-10 03:11 PM
    That is a pretty ridiculous article.

Not sure what 4G was hyped to be, but the author dismissing a 4x time faster network with faster initiation is kind of silly. I also think he is confusing Sprint's WiMax with LTE which other carriers are moving to. (i think WimAx is about 4 x faster while LTE is closer to 10x) Like he says how VZW and Sprint are using a different Tech than AT&T and T Mobile. Since VZW is going LTE, the technology is the same that AT&T and T Mobile will be moving to. And from what Verizon has released they are seeing speeds in the world akin to what they saw in the labs. Here is a link with their statement: Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Network Testing Promises Significantly Faster Speeds Than Current 3G Networks

I mean, will 4 g bake you a muffin and fetch the paper? No, but it will be significantly faster and better support online gaming and video chatting.
    06-08-10 03:25 PM
    so are you guys saying the LTE is faster then Wimax?
    Will sprint see a 4G BB?
    06-10-10 05:07 AM
    Will sprint see a 4G BB?
    You will know when it is released. Until then... who cares? It is likely you will be askinng the same questions then your *next* phone comes due for replacement.

At this time they are all development projects without a projected market date, and based on previous rollouts and the lack of leaked information it is likely to be at least 6-12 months away. A real working 4G network with decent coverage is also likely to be many months into the future.
    06-10-10 05:32 AM
    You will know when it is released. Until then... who cares? It is likely you will be askinng the same questions then your *next* phone comes due for replacement.

At this time they are all development projects without a projected market date, and based on previous rollouts and the lack of leaked information it is likely to be at least 6-12 months away. A real working 4G network with decent coverage is also likely to be many months into the future.
    Not sure why everyone is saying that. VZW is finishing phase 1 implementation in August, then testing until November (they are testing now) and then they will be launching in 30-40 markets in November. So they have a market date. They have already specified the #'s of tablets and devices they will have by end of the year early next year.

IDK about a WiMax BB. Since Sprint is the only WiMax carrier that may be a bit of an issue.
    06-10-10 06:51 AM
    OK, for a market date in november I make that about 5 months. Not far from my 6 month start point and it is still a date prediction from marketing slime.
    06-10-10 07:47 AM
    06-10-10 08:01 AM
    Does that mean that when everyone else buys a 4g phone/device that 3g will work better for those that stick with their old device?
    06-10-10 08:45 AM
    I can't wait for a blackberry 4G
    08-05-11 05:27 AM
    That is a pretty ridiculous article.

Not sure what 4G was hyped to be, but the author dismissing a 4x time faster network with faster initiation is kind of silly. I also think he is confusing Sprint's WiMax with LTE which other carriers are moving to. (i think WimAx is about 4 x faster while LTE is closer to 10x) Like he says how VZW and Sprint are using a different Tech than AT&T and T Mobile. Since VZW is going LTE, the technology is the same that AT&T and T Mobile will be moving to. And from what Verizon has released they are seeing speeds in the world akin to what they saw in the labs. Here is a link with their statement: Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Network Testing Promises Significantly Faster Speeds Than Current 3G Networks

I mean, will 4 g bake you a muffin and fetch the paper? No, but it will be significantly faster and better support online gaming and video chatting.
    While LTE has a higher theoretical rate it doesn't work that way in the real world, and it is still unreliable. Have a look at this MSNBC real world test, T-Mobile HSPA+ actually leaves LTE in the dust.

Putting 4G to the speed test - Technology & science - Wireless - msnbc.com
    08-05-11 05:54 AM
    4G I do not know, but I can't see it having 4G AND OS6 considering they're releasing the OS7 phones.
    08-05-11 07:37 AM
    I'm pretty sure the QNX Models due out in 2012 will be 4G.
    08-05-11 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD