I have the BB Bold 9650...I'm waiting for the I-phone to come out thru Verizon...not sure why or what it really does...but is there a phone that has flashplayer in it so you can play your FB games on it?
    01-16-11 12:18 PM
    Only android and windows 7 phones have flash player right now. We are told that adobe and blackberry are working on it but I'm fairly sure it won't be available until qnx comes to BB phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-11 12:20 PM
    Neither the iPhone or any BB has Flash player capability. there are a few Andriod devices that do.
    01-16-11 12:21 PM
    No there is no support for flash on the BB or Iphone.
    01-16-11 12:21 PM
    I'm not sure about the flash powered FB games even on Androids, as I've never tried them. I know they have Flash 10.1 though. Probably be a bit slow still if doable at all.

I doubt any BB will have sufficient specs to run Flash efficiently for a while still. The BB leaks could probably do as well as some of the current Androids if the BB's java based OS doesn't bog them down, and assuming Adobe develops some for BB of course.
    01-16-11 12:24 PM
    Ok thanks all so much for the info
    01-16-11 12:39 PM
    FB games are still kinda tough to to play. you can load them on the android phones no probably but navigation is still tough. I think FB is making it like that on purpose lol
    01-16-11 12:45 PM
    you can see flash content on we from iPhone if you r using Skyfire browser on iPhone and u can play FB games like FarmVille on iPhone it has an app for it.
    01-25-11 03:00 AM
    They won't have flash on idevices, windows mobile phone 7 will have it, same with android. A companion wifi-only android would be good for the flash player if you don't have access to a fast enough computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-11 03:38 AM
    Probably in a lab at RIM there is one.
    01-25-11 11:44 AM
    you can see flash content on we from iPhone if you r using Skyfire browser on iPhone and u can play FB games like FarmVille on iPhone it has an app for it.
    True, you can see content, but Skyfire doesn't allow for Flash games on iPhone. The Farmville app on Facebook is seriously stripped down from the full FB version.
    It's one of the disappointements I had - I thought I'd be able to run Flash games but no.....
    01-25-11 11:51 AM
    If RIM wants to make a serious and significant push into the consumer market, then they should put more efforts into making this a reality.

Business/corporate users already know about BB and will stick with RIM until:
    - Android proves more reliable (and stable in the long term)
    - the iPhone/Verizon marriage doesn't bog down the network the way it does AT&T in some areas ( I see a big push for iPhones if Verizon can handle the traffic )

A Flash BB would bring in a ton of new customers (in my opinion), as thousands of soccer moms and baseball dads sit in the stands and play Farmville, Mafia Wars, etc. on their BBs (myself included, probably) ... As sad as it is (to some), Facebook is already one of the top 5 web sites on the Internet and growing daily. RIM (or Apple or Google/Android) would be smart to make this happen and ride the surge.

Of course there is a significant drawback to a flash player on a phone - battery drain. A truly working flash player for Facebook (or other sites too) would push FB users from their computers to their phones ... and for that to work, the phone is must have a stronger battery - 1150 mAh just ain't gonna do it!

Whichever major phone platform accomplishes this first (and does it right) will have the opportunity to grab market share and customers from everyone else.

$0.02
    01-25-11 01:04 PM
    Isn't QNX supposed to support Flash? Granted we have no idea when RIM will release a QNX phone though.
    01-25-11 01:26 PM
    Probably in a lab at RIM there is one.
    I want a peek in that lab, LOL.
    01-25-11 02:26 PM
    I have the BB Bold 9650...I'm waiting for the I-phone to come out thru Verizon...not sure why or what it really does...but is there a phone that has flashplayer in it so you can play your FB games on it?
    If you're looking for Flashplayer don't consider iPhone, it's safe to say Apple will never get Flash player on any iOS device because some childish personal vendetta with Steve Jobs and Adobe.

As far as Blackberry goes it's going to be a very long time before you see a Blackberry that can handle Flash. QNX looks promising but again, it's going to be a long time.

BTW If you're not sure "what iPhone" does I highly suggest you do your research before you set yourself up for disappointment. It's a great device and you might like it but if it's not what what you're looking for and doesn't meet your needs you'll be in for disappointment.
    Last edited by JD914; 01-25-11 at 03:18 PM.
    01-25-11 03:14 PM
    Actually Skyfire converts Flash content into HTML that is viewable on iOS devices.

I'm an iPhone4 as well and Skyfire is slow laggy and Flash converted videos take forever to load. I simply hate it and never use it, it was a waste of money IMO.
    01-25-11 03:20 PM
    Yes, it's called the BlackBerry Flash. It's completely intangible and transparent. The only problem with it is you can only see it when you're dreaming.

As in no... No BlackBerry has Flash.
    01-25-11 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD