Hey guys. I guess my main intention for writing this is to sort of catch up. I had a Bold 9900 for a month and it was my last blackberry after being a crackberry user since 2006. I got rid of it in october after it crashed on me in the middle of a very important business deal. Of course I was already pissed from the Blackberry Service being down for a day prior to that. I just sort of looked (and still kinda do) at RIM as a company who just fell behind.

I went to android... I wont get into that...

I went to apple. Talk about APP heaven... but was that really what I wanted in a phone? Nope...

As of yesterday I am now back to BB and using the 9780.

Just had a few questions for you guys.

1)Why does RIM have 2 different "Bold"s out? I dont get the point of the 9780 when the 9900 seems obviously superior. (I only got a 9780 becuase a friend sold it to me.)

2)Any recommended must have apps/tweaks?

3)After being away from BBM, and seeing my buddies arent using BB anymore, is there a better alternative or even a reason to use BBM at all?

4)RIM... what is gonna happen in the future? I honestly feel like google is gonna buy em or something. To have android on a BB would (I feel) be the ultimate. People will always want a keyboard and BB is the best... But I cant make sense of their stock for sh!t LOL

Hope all is well! Nice to be back (I guess its true what they say)
    03-19-12 12:17 PM
    Can a mod please entitle this "A hobbit's tale" lol.

Sorry to thread hijack but I saw the title and couldnt help myself. Welcome back!

9900 is the flagship device, but its large and the battery is eh. The 97xx series is a step down in size and battery life is better.

BBM still has millions of followers. Check the forums here for groups. Also check out KIK or (i think) Ping chat for cross platform messaging.
    03-19-12 12:21 PM
    The 97XX was superior back in the days and it still is. The 99XX is newer Bold and the 97XX a older Bold model.
    To each their own > which device you will/want get. Many reasons why people's would want to choose a 99XX over a 97XX and vice versa.
    For applications head over to the apps-section/appworld etc and browse around for the goodies, that's what i do atleast discover discover!
    And it's mostly more fun trying it out yourself! You can always use a cross platform mobile messenger like whatsapp.
    Use facebook, twitter and many other social applications.
    03-19-12 12:31 PM
    The 97XX was superior back in the days and it still is. The 99XX is newer Bold and the 97XX a older Bold model.
    To each their own > which device you will/want get. Many reasons why people's would want to choose a 99XX over a 97XX and vice versa.
    For applications head over to the apps-section/appworld etc and browse around for the goodies, that's what i do atleast discover discover!
    And it's mostly more fun trying it out yourself! You can always use a cross platform mobile messenger like whatsapp.
    Use facebook, twitter and many other social applications.
    Thanks For some reason I was under the imression the 9780 came out after the 9900... Thats why I was confused
    03-19-12 12:36 PM
    Thanks For some reason I was under the imression the 9780 came out after the 9900... Thats why I was confused
    9790 came out after the 9900. the 9780 long before.
    03-19-12 12:39 PM
    You can have text conversations with your non-BB buddies through BBM

Otherwise another cross platform app is WhatsApp
    03-19-12 04:14 PM
    Blackberry will be just fine, a lot of people will revert back once their contract are done with the others. Just this past week, 2 iphone 4s users came back! Both said the same thing its nice to have all the apps but, at the end of the day bb just does it better.
    03-19-12 05:03 PM
    9790 came out after the 9900. the 9780 long before.
    Yes, lets be sure you're talking about the 9780 and not the 9790.

The 9790 came out after the 9900/9930 and features a touchscreen and a smaller form-factor than the 9900/9930
    03-19-12 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD