I have a Bell BB 9700 unlocked but it still shows the Bell logo whenever I reboot the device. Is there anyway to replace that logo screen with something of my choice or the RIM logo instead?

Any insight from anyone trying to do it or who has done it would be helpful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 05:18 PM
    I have a Bell BB 9700 unlocked but it still shows the Bell logo whenever I reboot the device. Is there anyway to replace that logo screen with something of my choice or the RIM logo instead?

The short answer is ... no, not really.

The longer answer is that there is apparently illegal software out there that you can get that will accomplish what you are looking for but it's: A.) hard to find; and, B.) illegal; and, C.) not easy to use; and, 4.) dangerous to use in terms of potentially bricking your device.

I love my carrier. Not particularly against their logo. But I like a "clean" unbranded look to my devices. Unfortunately, there is no easy solution to what you are looking for. But if you find something, let me know.
    11-17-09 05:41 PM
    Yeah, I thought unbranding was the answer? Well, I have no need to...

11-17-09 07:52 PM
    Can anyone tell me why it matters what the splash screen shows? It is on for 3 seconds when the phone is starting up...
    11-17-09 07:55 PM
    I was wondering the same thing. Just don't look at it when its about to boot.

11-17-09 08:32 PM
    Yeah i dont really get it either... :/
    11-17-09 09:42 PM
    Can anyone tell me why it matters what the splash screen shows? It is on for 3 seconds when the phone is starting up...
    Individuality. Many people like the idea of customizing their BlackBerrys so they are unique. Look at the people who run around changing bezels and keyboards and casings just to make their Berrys more tailored to the owner's individuality.

There is nothing else you own in life that is something that you look at first thing in the morning and last thing at night and keep close all day long. We develop highly intimate relationships with these devices. It shouldn't be a surprise that people seek to individualize them. It's human nature.

11-18-09 10:56 AM
    Why is the software illegal? I could see why someone would want to take off their old carrier's splash screen!
    11-18-09 12:00 PM
    Why is the software illegal? I could see why someone would want to take off their old carrier's splash screen!
    It is not illegal if used by RIM. It is proprietary software that should not be available to the general public.
    11-18-09 12:31 PM
    It is not illegal if used by RIM. It is proprietary software that should not be available to the general public.
    Oh... thanks. I didn't know that part. But it would be nice to have a Blackberry splash screen.
    11-18-09 12:46 PM
    Iv'e debranded and changed the splash screen before. Its really not worth the effort to change the splash screen.

On a related note, It has always mystified me why they have the splash screen and carrier logo face the user. WE bought the damn thing. WE know which provider we are with. Why advertise your brand to someone who has already coughed up 100s for the phone in the first place.
    11-18-09 08:27 PM
    Yandar, can you please post very specifically how you were able to remove the carrier splash page? I have thoroughly browsed the internet and have not found an answer. Thank you
    01-05-11 05:34 PM
    It has been a year, don't expect an answer.

And I'm on Bell and have never seen a Bell splash screen?
    01-05-11 06:42 PM
    The short answer is ... no, not really.

The longer answer is that there is apparently illegal software out there that you can get that will accomplish what you are looking for but it's: A.) hard to find; and, B.) illegal; and, C.) not easy to use; and, 4.) dangerous to use in terms of potentially bricking your device.

I love my carrier. Not particularly against their logo. But I like a "clean" unbranded look to my devices. Unfortunately, there is no easy solution to what you are looking for. But if you find something, let me know.
    Yandar, can you please post very specifically how you were able to remove the carrier splash page? I have thoroughly browsed the internet and have not found an answer. Thank you
    You browsed the internet thoroughly, yet you failed to find the answer right in this thread.

I posted it above your post so that you could see it.
    01-05-11 07:35 PM

Yes there is... It is called "unbranding" and I am told it is a difficult and complex process. "Unbranding" is not to be confused with "unlocking".
    01-09-11 08:25 PM
    +1 for bringing a more than year old thread back to life guys.

EDIT: during boot-up, just close your eyes as the loading bar just about fills up.
    01-09-11 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD