Is there anyway to make the sd card the main memory for my blackberry bold 9700?
    08-10-12 02:57 PM
    Unfortunately, that is not possible. Though i can clearly understand where you're coming from on this matter.

What i can advice is use a hybrid (i think wu-wei's are great) or just install any os and shrink it.

That should give you a fair bit of internal memory. move things like ringtones to media card.

via Mobile

Smartphone : Bold 9700 - 6.0.0.723
    Tablet : Playbook 16GB - 2.1.560
    klejti likes this.
    08-10-12 03:02 PM
    if u want alot of space go back to os5 if u wont os6 shrink os,use all-in-one messenger apps, also make sure apps dont have memleaks an u dont have a problem... slacker radio an some others kill the ram if u got load of apps installed so see how much app space u have left an see whats sucking the ram space

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-12-12 04:35 PM
    The SD card can only be used for media and backup storage. What type of memory problems are you having? Browser running out of memory, or not enough space to install applications?

The 9700 has 3 different types of memory (RAM, EEPROM and SD) so it would be helpful to know which one is causing your problems.
    08-12-12 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD