Does anyone know if there is a way to have the screen replaced on a BB Curve? Some how mine got completely scratched and no idea how

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-10 12:13 PM
    what kind of curve?
    and what part of the screen? the screen cover or the actual lcd screen?
    i had a 8330 and i replaced my screen cover with no problem. its just a peel and stick thing.
    take a look here Blackberry :: LCD LENS / Glass :: Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories & PDA Accessories wholesale Co.
    and you can find some tutorial videos on youtube
    07-28-10 12:23 PM
    Yes, there is a way. Most phone screens can be replaced....
    07-28-10 12:36 PM
    can you tell me how? It is the actual screen not a cover
    07-28-10 12:49 PM
    07-28-10 01:12 PM
    What model phone is it?
    07-28-10 01:13 PM
    If you're worried about doing it yourself, you can also search around your area that has a cell phone repair/used cell phone shop. They're pretty handy with taking phones apart and fixing em up.
    07-28-10 01:34 PM
    Thanks so much for everyone's help. Just got my phone in May and not very happy that it's scratched to heck and back!
    07-28-10 02:02 PM
    If it is scratches you are worried about it is the screen lens, if your screen is discolored and or all black then it is the screen. The screen lens is a real easy fix and easy to find the parts either way. A new lens will run around 5 - 10 dollars. A screen will be 70ish, the Lens just is a peel and stick. Also i suggest after fixing to use the screen protectors you can pick up for around 10 bucks and or a case instead of your pocket. I cant remember the site i got mine from but I got a new Trackpad, lens and case for under 40 dollars for my 8520. (which the trackpad still doesnt work and is a software issue that RIM does not admit it as a known issue even though if you google the problem there are hundreds of posts about it( i just got my friends old Storm and am unlocking it to work on T-mobile))
    Last edited by quietusmaxim; 07-28-10 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Added Info
    07-28-10 03:23 PM
    ok - it is definitely just scratches to the screen and i have ordered a new one but still don't know how I am going to replace it. Still no real instructions. I watched the video on You Tube but that was for a different phone model obviously because it had parts mine doesn't. I saw the post about about just being a peel and stick thing but am wondering if that is just for the screen protectors that you can buy anywhere or if the cover that protects the LCD Screen itself
    07-30-10 06:18 PM

At about the 50 second spot, it shows how to remove the lens. If the lens is all that you are replacing, you need to also remove and transfer the rubbery part on the old lens that is glued under the 4 keys.

I purchased a lens from TrueSupplier and that was all I received, just the lens. I also needed this: Screen lens Adhesive glue for Blackberry curve 8520 :: Blackberry :: LCD Screen :: Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories & PDA Accessories wholesale Co. I don't know if the 8530 and 8520 lens are the same (I think it is) but you need this to install the new lens and piece under the keys. I hope the one you ordered comes with it.
    07-30-10 08:17 PM
    It's always best to put a good rubber case on your phone to prevent scratching or worse cracking. But you could easily replace the blackberry screen yourself as it's quite easy if you follow the video tutorials on youtube.
    07-31-10 12:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD