I have Verizon wireless, and a BB Curve 8530

I am going through a very nasty breakup and need to know if there is a way to block SMS from one specific number. Also, is there a way to retrieve those SMS messages once they are sent? <--- I have done a search of the forum and no one was able to answer this question when it was asked. Anyone know?

Also, I would like to block incoming calls from a specific number. Is there any way to do this, and can the other party tell if they are being blocked?

I am open to 3rd party apps if Verizon doesn�t offer this service.

Thanks so much for any and all suggestions.
    02-09-10 04:50 PM
    Sign into your MyVerizon account online, click My Services tab, then spam controls, and from there you can block up to 5 numbers.
    02-09-10 05:12 PM
    There are also apps like Call Blocker Professional and You Got Blocked that could come in handy if hondateg91 suggestion doesn't work.
    02-09-10 05:17 PM
    Contact your service provider (Verizon lets you set it up online) and tell them you wish to block any calls/sms etc from a specific number. Or you can just change your number.

And yes, when they're blocked, they'll know it.
    02-09-10 05:19 PM
    Sign into your MyVerizon account online, click My Services tab, then spam controls, and from there you can block up to 5 numbers.
    I'll try that... is this for both SMS and phone calls, or just one?
    02-09-10 05:22 PM
    Your blocking their number entirely so its for both. Also some phones have an ignore setting for certain numbers, try that out.
    02-09-10 05:24 PM
    It blocks all incoming messages and calls for that number, but starting April 15th it will only block sms and calls.
    02-09-10 05:28 PM
    Hmm... I went onto my account online, under My Services, but see nothing about spam controls. I've looked around at other possible areas, and even a search turns up nothing.
    02-09-10 05:53 PM
    Hmm... I went onto my account online, under My Services, but see nothing about spam controls. I've looked around at other possible areas, and even a search turns up nothing.
    It's in the "Verizon Safeguards" selection. Click the arrow next to this item and you will see the Span Controls option.
    02-09-10 07:08 PM
    It should be on the left and its the last bottom black box.

Verizon | Answers to FAQs - Verizon Wireless Support
    02-09-10 07:11 PM
    Yet another reason someone should develop software for the device that blacks calls AND SMS...
    02-16-10 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD