Are you hanging with Toronto Mayor Rob Ford? It's about competing for market share. BlackBerry cannot ignore the full touch screen smarytphone market. My Z10 and Z30 are the best phones in the world. God uses a blackberry full touch screen.

Why do people need to have a keyboard? People do not need keyboard phones. I question that people really even need smartphones.

Hotdogs
    And there's me thinking it was all about having a viable business and making profit, but no, it's all about market share apparently.
    11-19-13 09:47 AM
    And there's me thinking it was all about having a viable business and making profit, but no, it's all about market share apparently.
    Normally a higher market-share corresponds to a healthier business.
    In BlackBerry's case with 1.5% marketshare and immense financial troubles, that made them fire more than half of their workforce, it's pretty easy to say that a bigger marketshare would be very essential to solve their problems.

BlackBerry is a publicly trading company, with a very nice patent portfolio and a pretty good MDM solution.
    The cheaper the company gets on the stock market, the higher the risk of a hostile turn-over.
    Market-share and profitability have a direct impact on the price of the stock though (even through mass psychology also plays its part).

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 10:07 AM
    The problem is for everybody that has owned a Bold 9900, the 7920 is a huge downgrade, I know it's a budget phone but you can't bring out a new phone with a specs of the 9700 4-5 years ago.

All they had to do is stick the 9900 in a cheaper casing, but no. Sometimes I really don't understand BlackBerry, some of their decisions don't make any sense at all.

Posted via CB10

I totally agree, I do wish they would continue to make the classic Bolds (9900- and 9790-types), update them occasionally and over time the manufacturing costs are bound to come down.
    11-19-13 01:34 PM
    Sometimes size does matter. Prior to the 9800 I was a keyboard guy on another platform who wanted a touchscreen. After the joy of the 9800 and the 9810, and after trying the Z10 and the Q10, for me the Z10 won hands down. The great keyboard won me over, plus the size of the screen.

Someone posted that we don't have this or that app, Netflix and the like. Wrong! I have it, and I have Temple Run and etc. You see, that is the benefit of this awesome BB10 platform. I download directly an apk file and install it all from my phone. No sideloading. And the android apps run smoothly. Ah the joys of 10.2.1.1055! There goes the app gap argument right out the window.

I love the hub, the way my phone keeps me connected. The user interface just keeps getting better and better. The issue for BlackBerry is marketing and getting ahead of the game. They can compete. They do not have to win, just effectively compete.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    11-20-13 09:11 AM
    Put yourself in the position of a rookie smartphone buyer, considering a purchase on one of the four main mobile operating systems.

( This is difficult to do if you are diehard one platform or a sheep )

1. How much will this phone cost me?

2. What do I get for my money?

3. What phone is everybody talking about?

4. Does this phone have lots of fun / useless apps to download?

5. Which phone will make my friends think I'm cool?

6. Does my favourite Z List celebrity have this phone?

7. Has the phone got "Retina" or " Super amoled +++ " amazing Ammmazing screen!!!???

8. And so on and so forth

In this smartphone game you are competing against monsters, so know your strengths and weaknesses and play to your strengths.

What can BlackBerry do with touchscreen hardware that Samsung, LG, Sony, HTC, Nokia, ZTE, Huawei, Lenovo, Apple, ASUS etc CANT?

If they can answer this question in the affirmative, then they will see the light and make a long term success out of BlackBerry 10.
    11-20-13 12:00 PM
    There are some users out there like myself who like blackberry's touch screen keyboard! Z10 all the way

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 12:04 PM
    There are some users out there like myself who like blackberry's touch screen keyboard! Z10 all the way

Posted via CB10
    Well, I suggest your next smartphone purchase is 50 Z30s if you want to see an improvement in BlackBerrys hardware fortunes.
    11-20-13 12:11 PM
    Well, I suggest your next smartphone purchase is 50 Z30s if you want to see an improvement in BlackBerrys hardware fortunes.
    If I had the money I would purchase 50 z30. Just to prove family and friends how good they are

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 01:26 PM
158 ... 567