I returned my first berry and not another new one due to the 30 day warranty thing. Ever since I connected the new berry to Desktop Manager (DM), it does not recognize the device when it comes to open Roxio.

I have tried everything from.

1. Uninstalling/ installing- rebooting.
    2. wiping out the registry of the computer for these programs- restarting comp. (clean install)
    3. Installing the newest version (4.5) Desktop Manager

Nothing works, it is unable to recognize my berry when I open Roxio.

So my question is....... Is there any other program, any other way to access the information stored on the phone?

Note: I am not interested in the info on the MicroSD card because I know I can do mass storage for that.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'll check back in the morning.
    07-21-08 10:07 PM
    I don't know why Roxio can't see it, but if you just got a new berry, there won't be anything in the device memory to see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 10:35 PM
    I didn't just get it so I had to reformat my 8gb card in order to store stuff. There r things like wallpaper and stuff that I cannot move to the sd card via device.

07-21-08 10:56 PM
    What kind of error messages are you getting? Mass Storage Mode and Media Manager are mutually exclusive modes, so if you have Mass Storage Mode set to run automatically when you connect via USB, you'll need to change that to "prompt" and answer "no." Beyond that, I probably can't help you, since I don't have Media Manager installed anymore.

07-21-08 11:02 PM
    What kind of error messages are you getting? Mass Storage Mode and Media Manager are mutually exclusive modes, so if you have Mass Storage Mode set to run automatically when you connect via USB, you'll need to change that to "prompt" and answer "no." Beyond that, I probably can't help you, since I don't have Media Manager installed anymore.

when I open Roxio, it asks me for my password, when I enter it, it keeps asking for my password over and over again. It is the correct password because it doesn't say 2/10 attempts, it says 1/10, the screen goes away and then it asks for my password over and over.

Nothing appears on the bottom of the screen showing me the device mem info. When I disable password, it simple says not connected. I am able to play around with my applications on media manager and back up and all that stuff, I see the pin on the bottom and everything but it does not connect to Roxio.

I don't know what else to attempt. I don't understand why it didn't do this with my previous BB. It seems like you can only program DM for one BB and that is all it will recognize. Before sending my other BB make to manufacturer, I connected it and in fact, DM worked but won't work for my new BB. I am not sure what to do anymore, is there any other program I can use for this purpose?
    07-22-08 08:42 AM

The good news is, there is an on device file manager called Explore.

You can view and move files between device and media.
    07-22-08 10:25 AM
    I had a problem like this and I had to download another copy of DM to install, in fact I downloaded 2 copies before the DM installed properly.

07-22-08 10:59 AM

The good news is, there is an on device file manager called Explore.

You can view and move files between device and media.
    I just tried it, I can view but I cannot move files (picture, ringtones) or anything for that matter into the memory card. Look at the pictures and you'll see what I get. The moving can occur within the file but not to another file.

continues on the other message since I'm limited to 4 pictures.
    Last edited by Morenina; 07-22-08 at 01:33 PM.
    07-22-08 01:20 PM
    If you have anything stored on the card, you should be able to view it just by connecting your BB to a Windows machine. It should detect your BB and then it will mount your SD card as removable storage and you should be able to view the contents of it.

Edit: I just noticed you weren't referring to the information on the SD card. My mistake.
    07-22-08 01:24 PM

you see, no success
    07-22-08 01:30 PM
    I had a problem like this and I had to download another copy of DM to install, in fact I downloaded 2 copies before the DM installed properly.

I'm going to try 3 intallations, and then I'm giving up. I'll let you know how that goes.
    07-22-08 01:35 PM
    wow. I trying to find out the same thing. BB would not sync to computer after 2hrs of tech support so bought a new computer. DM worked fine the first time (last week) and today will not find my BB.
    REALLY FRUSTRATED!
    I down loaded 4.5 today and will do that a couple more times and see if that makes a dif. Anyone have any conflict with iTunes?
    thanks.
    07-22-08 09:47 PM
    I don't store media there so I wouldn't know if there would be a conflict.

07-24-08 10:39 AM
    I can see you had a frustrating time with this.

Explore to navigate to the file you want to move. Menu / Move and navigate to the UP icon. You have to move one level at a time.

Continue to navigate to your destination and select Move Here.

It takes a few steps, buy you will get the hang of it.
    07-24-08 12:43 PM
    I click and it doesn't do anything. That's what I was trying to show with the pictures.

07-24-08 01:15 PM
    Select Move, then use the track ball to select the file. Then use the track ball to click on UP. Keep going until you reach the top level and select Media card to move down.

When you are in your destination directory, select Move Here.

07-24-08 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD