For VERIZON that doesn't give you a limit on Characters?
    I'm getting a new phone March 10th, and I was SET on getting a Blackberry Curve 8330.
    ...Then I asked my dad if I could mess around with his blackberry. I opened a text and started typing and it stopped me when I ran out of 160 characters.
    I NEED over 160 characters! I type a lot to my friends when it comes to texting.
    Are there any blackberry devices for verizon that don't give you a limit?
    02-22-09 06:48 PM
    It's a CDMA thing for Blackberries. My Bold on AT&T doesn't limit. It just charged 1 message to every 160 characters.
    02-22-09 06:51 PM
    Sorry haha what's CDMA?
    02-22-09 06:55 PM
    CDMA is the network that verizon and sprint use. GSM is Tmobile AT&T and others.
    02-22-09 06:58 PM
    That's weird, though! I have a verizon phone and I can go up to 7 pages of 160.
    Rah.
    Now I don't know which phone to get D;
    02-22-09 07:02 PM
    I find this incredibly annoying as well! I always have to condense what I'm trying to say!
    02-22-09 07:04 PM
    Hahaha. I might just get one anyway because I only hear great things about any blackberry phone. I'm not sure ahahaha. Maybe I'll just have to get one and get use to it perhaps.
    I talk too much, that's my problem!
    02-22-09 07:05 PM
    I hear ya there This is my second Blackberry and I can say easily that they're the best phones I've ever used. I've never had any real big problems with either of them (aside from every once in a while on my Curve, I've gotta remove the battery for a second and restart it, 'cause for some reason it doesn't allow me to hear people I'm calling...maybe it's just a problem with my phone in particular...a tiny bit annoying, but it doesn't happen enough to be of great concern.)
    02-22-09 07:10 PM
    I've never had a blackberry. I need a good phone though cause I drop mine. I'm the 'destroyer of technology' in my family..which isn't a good thing.
    I just need a new phone. I think I'll just end up getting the blackberry anyway, and when I want to say a lot I'll just type it in a bunch of different messages
    02-22-09 07:14 PM
    I've never had a blackberry. I need a good phone though cause I drop mine. I'm the 'destroyer of technology' in my family..which isn't a good thing.
    I just need a new phone. I think I'll just end up getting the blackberry anyway, and when I want to say a lot I'll just type it in a bunch of different messages
    or you can just type it in MMS (usually used for picture or video messages) and there is no character limit
    02-22-09 07:18 PM
    Haha that's one way to do it I tend to run into this problem a lot because I type out every word completely, hahaha...it killlllsss my character availability, but I'm like a grammar Nazi so it pains me to use that internet-type lingo
    02-22-09 07:19 PM
    I just hit send, than start another instantly. Not that big of a hassle in my opinion...
    02-22-09 08:18 PM
    I just hit send, than start another instantly. Not that big of a hassle in my opinion...
    Yeah that's what I do if I go over my limit. I think people forget though that text messaging was originally for sending small snippets to people, not as the primary means of communication is has become.

And to the OP. I highly doubt that you absolutly NEED to be able to type that much in a single message.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 08:40 PM
    to send a message past 160 send it as an mms
    02-22-09 08:57 PM
    to send a message past 160 send it as an mms
    That's a great idea... is there a limit to characters in MMS? Is it always considered one text on your billing statement?
    02-22-09 09:31 PM
    I really don't know what's the limit on mms
    I've never tried to reach the limit ..... My opinion if it that much you might just want to make a call lollol

02-22-09 09:34 PM
    Nope not on mms but sms it is only 160.
    02-22-09 09:37 PM
    I really don't know what's the limit on mms
    I've never tried to reach the limit ..... My opinion if it that much you might just want to make a call lollol

I think I read somewhere that the limit is 1000 spaces.

02-22-09 09:42 PM
    CDMA is CODE DIVISION MULTIPLE ACCESS and GSM IS GLOBAL SYSTEMS FOR MOBIE

Sorry haha what's CDMA?
    02-22-09 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD