I have tried to look for an app which records phone conversations, but haven't been able to find any,is there any app on BlackBerry or an apk app which will do that or is there any way I can record phone conversations.
    Would really appreciate if anyone knows.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 01:41 AM
    I have tried to look for an app which records phone conversations, but haven't been able to find any,is there any app on BlackBerry or an apk app which will do that or is there any way I can record phone conversations.

There are several apps that claim to do this.

The problem is, the hardware and OS really are not designed to allow that.

So every single one of those apps, you will discover, requires you to turn on the speakerphone in order to work. Basically, they are just using the microphone to record the speaker along with your voice.
    03-23-14 02:15 AM
    03-23-14 02:28 AM

Same problem. From one of the app reviews:

"Seems to only pick up the mic
    By markds242 2014-03-22
    Tried it calling my voicemail and it only picked up the mic - so it would seem to only work when using speaker phone."
    03-23-14 03:36 AM
    I've read on another thread that the Parrot App can record phone calls, but I think you have to buy the Pro version. Has anyone tried recording calls with Parrot?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 03:48 AM
    I've read on another thread that the Parrot App can record phone calls, but I think you have to buy the Pro version. Has anyone tried recording calls with Parrot?

I've looked at this extensively, they all have the same limitation.

There is even one on BBW that specifically claims not to need the speakerphone on... and its reviews are filled with angry people that found that..... you need the speakerphone on.
    03-23-14 03:56 AM
    Phonetap does it and it does it extremely well. I have never needed to enable the mic, recorded calls are very clear.
    Headless app and with the tag feature, it's easy to find recorded calls again...

Phone Tap - Call Recorder - BlackBerry World

03-23-14 04:36 AM
    I am using Call Recorder from X Reve - its ok but not perfect.

Posted via BlackBerry Q10Bold
    03-23-14 05:03 AM
    All the apps need the speaker phone on. Parrot is free and it works great. Put the call on speaker and then just press record in Parrot. Done. It works for me.

But still waiting for an app that can do it without the speaker phone being on. I think as someone mentioned, its a hardware issue which doesn't allow it. I really don't know.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 05:56 AM
    How can I open a new thread ? I am texting from a BlackBerry q10 on crackberry app...

Posted via my sexy q10
    03-23-14 06:00 AM
    Parrot?

Posted Via CB10 Running On Z10STL100-2 Using OS Version 10.2.1.2141
    03-23-14 06:03 AM
    Search Automatic Call Recorder in BBW. Works excellent

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 06:12 AM
    Regret but you need to search that in apktrain.com.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 06:14 AM
    How can I disable call recorder & only enable it whenever I want to use it. Mine is recording all my calls.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 06:54 AM
    Phonetap does it and it does it extremely well. I have never needed to enable the mic, recorded calls are very clear.
    Headless app and with the tag feature, it's easy to find recorded calls again...

From the app description:

"NOTE: May Require speaker to be on while recording for better quality!"

And that may be network dependent.

I remember from the days of BBOS, if you were using a CDMA carrier like I do (Verizon, also Sprint, MetroPCS, etc.), recording phone calls was completely impossible. There were apps that would do it from a GSM carrier, but nothing for a CDMA device/carrier.
    03-23-14 01:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's illegal to record phone conversations, with out the other person's concent first.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 02:43 PM
    Not necessarily. Depends on the laws of your state.

In some states record in calls is legal as long as at least one of the parties engaged in the conversation is aware that the call is being recorded.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    03-23-14 03:09 PM
    I live in Canada up here the law states the you only need single party consent. I have been using call recorder pro, I also use a stereo bluetooth headset works flawlessly. Excellent audio quality.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z30
    03-23-14 03:25 PM
    Edit. No need for speaker phone to be on when using the headset is what I meant.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z30
    03-23-14 03:27 PM
    It's illegal to record phone conversations, with out the other person's concent first.
    Laws on that vary by locale.

BlackBerry has users all over the world.
    03-23-14 03:33 PM
    Parrot works just fine. You do need to get the paid version though. It's not expensive and works great. Apparently the developer is looking at making it a headless app(I think I mailed the Dev to ask about the headless option, it was a while ago so I may be mistaken).

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 05:24 PM
    I tried remember to record voice notes and it did a pretty good job and then all of a sudden I get a call. So while the recording was going on I took the call and when I played back the note I could hear the callers voice too. So I guess remember does the job.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 05:26 PM
    How can I open a new thread ? I am texting from a BlackBerry q10 on crackberry app...

Posted via my sexy q10
    I had the same problem. This thread will help you.

http://forums.crackberry.com/crackbe...g-cb10-915156/

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 05:58 PM