Is there a 3G AT&T Blackberry? If so, what is the model number? thanks
    06-09-08 10:59 AM
    Very very soon. The BOLD will be 3G and is set to release by July.
    06-09-08 11:01 AM
    What is the Curve 2G? Does anyone know what the iphone is?
    06-09-08 11:03 AM
    The curve uses EDGE, as does the iPhone. However, both the bold and the new iPhone will be 3G capable, which means much faster data transfer speeds.

If you think about it as 2G, yes, EDGE is the 2G capability of a GSM network. GSM connectivity would be 1G, EDGE is 2G, and 3G is just called 3G.
    06-09-08 11:13 AM
    The curve uses EDGE, as does the iPhone. However, both the bold and the new iPhone will be 3G capable, which means much faster data transfer speeds.

If you think about it as 2G, yes, EDGE is the 2G capability of a GSM network. GSM connectivity would be 1G, EDGE is 2G, and 3G is just called 3G.
    There are different names for the different carriers of 3G service, but it is commonly known as 3G.

GSM (at&t + t-mobile) 3G - HSPA/HSDPA
    CDMA (sprint + verizon) 3G - EV-DO

You can search wiki for 3G and come up with this page
    06-09-08 11:45 AM
    yes there is...it's called the Blackberry BOLD...and it's coming very very soon
    06-09-08 11:51 AM
    The new iPhone is 3G and cheap!! What a great deal... $199 for an 8Gb iPhone, GPS built in, mobileMe (like active sync).

Not to totally advocate for the iPhone as I love my BB curve, but Apple is coming up with some amazing innovations...

BB Bold will be coming out some time in the near future and RIM should be worried... really worried because if it was supposed to compete with the new iPhone, it def has some competition.

The Bold better only cost $199 or they will def lose this battle versus the new iPhone. Not to mention the iPhone has a better browser, better cross-platform support and a far better music player.

It goes to show how overpriced all of our BlackBerries are
    06-09-08 02:10 PM
    I got mine from Sprint for $50 new, so I guess mine wasn't "overpriced".
    06-09-08 02:15 PM
    The new iPhone is 3G and cheap!! What a great deal... $199 for an 8Gb iPhone, GPS built in, mobileMe (like active sync).

Not to totally advocate for the iPhone as I love my BB curve, but Apple is coming up with some amazing innovations...

BB Bold will be coming out some time in the near future and RIM should be worried... really worried because if it was supposed to compete with the new iPhone, it def has some competition.

The Bold better only cost $199 or they will def lose this battle versus the new iPhone. Not to mention the iPhone has a better browser, better cross-platform support and a far better music player.

It goes to show how overpriced all of our BlackBerries are
    Wow...you're right...Apple finally got smart and stopped overcharging for the iPhone...of course, I got my 8310 for free, so I can't complain...I might grab a 3G iPhone someday, though.
    Last edited by TampaDude; 06-09-08 at 03:27 PM.
    06-09-08 03:23 PM
    The Blackberry BOLD.
    06-09-08 04:42 PM
    The bold will be 3g and what a bb rep told me was by late august it will come out....but hopefully it comes out before that
    06-09-08 04:48 PM
    As of today, only CDMA Blackberries are 3G and have been since inception. The BOLD will be the first GSM phone that'll be 3G, I'm sure more will follow, but by that time, CDMA carriers would have moved to new LTE 4G architecture.
    06-09-08 08:03 PM
    Intersting comments, only issue with them is that while CDMA carriers are technically "3G", they are about 1/3 as fast as full HSDPA is. Not sure how quick LTE is, but come on, exactly how fast does the net need to be on our phones?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-08 08:47 PM
    What good is 3G if your carrier doesn't support it?

06-09-08 09:41 PM
    What good is 3G if your carrier doesn't support it?

Actually its your carrier who has 3G the phone only supports that connection, it has to be both ways.
    06-10-08 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD