If BlackBerry can "secure" an Android, why can't it secure an iPhone? Do you guys think it'll ever be possible to have BlackBerry play some small part in iOS security? Apple can make the hardware and softeare while BlackBerry secures the device. Or secure iCloud.

Remember when Apple partnered with Microsoft for many projects? They can partner with BlackBerry to some small degree.
    09-19-15 11:53 AM
    I don't think Apple would ever work with BlackBerry. They are very high on the smell of their own farts and hold their heads too high to see anyone below them. The only thing that I could see is Apple buying BlackBerry, just to get that keyboard patent and then making an accessory for the iPhone for those who want it.... but that's highly unlikely anyways.
    09-19-15 12:00 PM
    In what way do you propose they secure iOS that Apple can't do on their own? Apple already has a talented security team and a better security model than their biggest competitor, Android. Plus, BES is already compatible with iOS for enterprise customers.
    09-19-15 12:08 PM
    J
    I don't think Apple would ever work with BlackBerry. They are very high on the smell of their own farts and hold their heads too high to see anyone below them. The only thing that I could see is Apple buying BlackBerry, just to get that keyboard patent and then making an accessory for the iPhone for those who want it.... but that's highly unlikely anyways.
    Apple works with a lot of other companies. But these partners do have something material to offer.

It's not clear what BBRY can offer of value. "Securing hardware" is a little vague. Apple is also known for being a brutal negotiator so even if there is something on the table the price may not be right for either side.

A physical keyboard patent is useless to them.
    jallister likes this.
    09-19-15 12:27 PM
    Well, BES12 does provide security and management for iOS devices, right?
    09-19-15 12:48 PM
    I really wish they would just release this phone already so we could stop hearing about "securing Android." Odds are its going to be a regular Android phone for any consumer that wants to use it and will be secured with BES12 for Enterprise.
    09-19-15 12:52 PM
    Well, BES12 does provide security and management for iOS devices, right?
    Yes. Apple added hooks for MDM/EMM developers to hook into iOS, starting about iOS6, much as Google has done with Android For Work. But all MDM devs are at Apple's mercy - Apple could develop their own controls and lock everyone else out. Fortunately, Apple knows quite well that it doesn't know Enterprise well enough, or have enough enterprise partners, so they are happy to have third-parties handle it. Having said that, they can still only do what Apple allows.
    09-19-15 12:56 PM
    LOL

But Apple's kinda tried to address everything BlackBerry would be bring to the table, from a security standpoint at least. Even with secure messaging, iMessage is supposed to be the closest thing to replicating BBM. I think in Apple's eyes, the closest thing to a "partnership" they'd be willing to get into with BlackBerry would be to allow Chen to come begging to play some small part in iOS's foray into enterprise. Not trying to be obnoxious, just an observation from what Apple has been doing as of late to essentially try make BlackBerry obsolete in their world.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 01:06 PM
    BlackBerry and Apple = Water and oil

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 01:34 PM
    If Apple needed anything from BlackBerry, they would quietly license the necessary patents and never say a word. In fact it's entirely possible that they have already done that, and we would never know. Except when it's unavoidable, Apple likes to preserve the myth that they do everything themselves.

Posted via CB10
    igor10000 likes this.
    09-19-15 02:54 PM
    Only if Apple owns and calls the shots.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    09-19-15 02:58 PM
    Highly doubt any such partnership other than Apple buying out Blackberry which is also highly unlikely.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 03:11 PM
    Instead Apple will try pathetic "we iz write apps for da enterprize" partnerships

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 03:43 PM