Last we heard RIM might get the new theme builder for OS7 out to us sometime
    in early Summer this year.

It's June and wondering if there is any news on this.

It's bad enough to have a "stop gap" OS7 and phones but the support for OS 7 has
    been substandard, but really, no theme builder yet and my phone is hitting EOL?

THOR?

Where the h3ll is theme builder for OS7?

Tim

PS, if you can't get a theme builder out for a warmed over 10 year old OS how are
    we to be confident about BB10 and its support? hmmmm?
    06-05-12 12:01 PM
    To little To late.
    06-05-12 12:06 PM
    Tbh, the only theme I ever kept on a phone for more than a few hours was the BB7-looking theme for my BB6 Torch. I've gotten more use out of swapping wallpapers. I know different people like different things, but every theme I've tried that is functionally different from stock inevitably leaves out more than it adds. To wit, the one that I did keep was really just a new set of icons. I can honestly say that I've never so much as looked for a new theme for the 9900, let alone try one. But that's just me...

In the big picture, I'd much rather that RIM dedicate the bulk of its talent pool to BB10, even though I don't plan on jumping on the first BB10 phones right out of the gate.
    06-05-12 12:14 PM
    Tbh, the only theme I ever kept on a phone for more than a few hours was the BB7-looking theme for my BB6 Torch. I've gotten more use out of swapping wallpapers. I know different people like different things, but every theme I've tried that is functionally different from stock inevitably leaves out more than it adds. To wit, the one that I did keep was really just a new set of icons. I can honestly say that I've never so much as looked for a new theme for the 9900, let alone try one. But that's just me...

In the big picture, I'd much rather that RIM dedicate the bulk of its talent pool to BB10, even though I don't plan on jumping on the first BB10 phones right out of the gate.

Me, I always have one or two custom themes made.

Moving on and not fully supporting OS7 would be a big mistake. With only one bb10 phone for later this year.

They dump on me, I will dump on them!

In short, they cannot afford to short change the OS7 owners.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    06-05-12 12:25 PM
    I wonder how long the wait will be for a BB10 theme builder will be. Assuming that there will be one, that is,

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    06-05-12 12:35 PM
    Me, I always have one or two custom themes made.

Moving on and not fully supporting OS7 would be a big mistake. With only one bb10 phone for later this year.

They dump on me, I will dump on them!

In short, they cannot afford to short change the OS7 owners.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    I don't think they'll just 'move on', as I believe they plan on keeping BB7 around for a few more years as mid- to low-end options, with BB10 being their high-end offerings for the time being. With that in mind, I guess I'd be a little surprised if they didn't finish a BB7 theme builder. But I admit, I have no idea what their plans are for supporting BB7 during that lengthy transition period.
    06-05-12 12:37 PM
    It also comes down to demand by theme developers. I know a couple of theme developers who are on another forum I frequent. Both of them pretty much gave up on theme developing, since they were not getting significant sales. If the developers have no demand for a theme builder tool, due to lack of interest, RIM might not feel a need to release one.
    06-05-12 01:02 PM
    Hedone Design and RIM tweeted awhile back (search on the forums, I don't have a link to the thread and I am lazy) that the TB for OS 7 would be out in July.
    06-05-12 08:07 PM
    Don't think I'd be able to live without the theme "Classique". Have had it on my 9700 for years.
    06-05-12 10:01 PM
    2, 4, 6, 8
    OS7 theme builder's really late!!!!!
    06-26-12 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD