As reported today in the WS Journal, I phone 6S and 6S plus sales have slowed and inventory is starting to back up. For a company that counts on one product for 60% of its sales this may or may not be an issue, it reminds me of the saying:
    "beware the Ides of March, for all power and glory is fleeting"'
    Last edited by thatguyusa; 01-11-16 at 09:52 AM.
    01-11-16 07:58 AM
    I thought you were tired of all the carping. You think a thread like this is going to go well?
    01-11-16 08:11 AM
    Had to happen sooner or later. Saturation. But it in no way spells doom and gloom for them.
    TgeekB likes this.
    01-11-16 08:14 AM
    I thought you were tired of all the carping. You think a thread like this is going to go well?
    Spot on.
    01-11-16 08:26 AM
    I bought an iPhone 6 for my daughter for christmas, at the Apple store they were pushing the 6s hard even offering a buy one get one free considered upgrading my 6 but there really isn't much of a reason to spend more for the 6s over the 6. Apple would like to sell more 6s im sure, but I think they'll be fine selling legacy phones as well.
    01-11-16 08:56 AM
    Run back if you are inside your 30 day return window.

For a small amount of cash, you'll extend the already long useful life by a year, get 3D touch, twice as much RAM, 70% faster processor, best 4k video ever on a phone, 50% higher MP camera, much faster touch ID, etc.

Even in the store, you should have noticed that the 6 is fast but the 6s is crazy fast.

For a $100, most of which you'd get back if you sold it in a few years over owning a 6 for the same amount of time.

Biggest no brainer in the history of no brainer. Run back if you are inside the return window. The rep should have pointed this out to the point that you didn't see it as "pushing" but looking out for you.

Margin % is generally higher on the prior year product, due to learning curve, scale economies, etc. They push the newer product as in the customers' best interest, rather than their own.
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    01-11-16 09:22 AM

For a small amount of cash, you'll extend the already long useful life by a year, get 3D touch, twice as much RAM, 70% faster processor, best 4k video ever on a phone, 50% higher MP camera, much faster touch ID, etc.

Even in the store, you should have noticed that the 6 is fast but the 6s is crazy fast.

For a $100, most of which you'd get back if you sold it in a few years over owning a 6 for the same amount of time.

Biggest no brainer in the history of no brainer. Run back if you are inside the return window. The rep should have pointed this out to the point that you didn't see it as "pushing" but looking out for you.

Margin % is generally higher on the prior year product, due to learning curve, scale economies, etc. They push the newer product as in the customers' best interest, rather than their own.
    And how does battery life compare?

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 09:46 AM
    No carping here at all, just the facts. Either way it is really never good if a choice in product either goes away or is curtailed.

Woof!
    01-11-16 09:51 AM
    Well it is been the fact that China's (one of Apple's latest growth sectors) economy is slumping since last year. To me that speaks more of the state of the market that Apple is trying to sell to and not with the product itself.
    01-11-16 10:02 AM

Seems wired how you push that sh@t trough the BlackBerry forum. I thought that there are a lot of Apple Nazis here, but never thought that you, guys, not even undercover. Ahahahahaha

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 10:12 AM
    ^^ see the post above op
    01-11-16 10:31 AM
    The strange thing I noticed was, one of my staff was going to move from a Z30 to an iPhone....that's not the strange part....but he saw it on sale about $200 off. Apple products are almost never heavily discounted.

Pretty sure it was a 6s.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 10:41 AM
    Well it is been the fact that China's (one of Apple's latest growth sectors) economy is slumping since last year. To me that speaks more of the state of the market that Apple is trying to sell to and not with the product itself.
    That's a good point. But I think a real challenge for all premium handset makers will be the cutting or a elimination of carrier handset subsidies. Getting a $1000 update is a lot different than a $350 update.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9742832) and Ronindan like this.
    01-11-16 10:55 AM
    There *

Posted via CB10
    Steve Rizla likes this.
    01-11-16 11:09 AM
    That's a good point. But I think a real challenge for all premium handset makers will be the cutting or a elimination of carrier handset subsidies. Getting a $1000 update is a lot different than a $350 update.

Posted via CB10
    Apple iPhone was never 1000 USD in the United States. More like ~650 USD. And the carriers have leasing plans to make the device as affordable as prior to the end of carrier subsidies. Also, all this is restricted to the United States.
    01-11-16 11:45 AM
    we have a sister site called imore if you want to discuss apple.
    gugomat likes this.
    01-11-16 11:52 AM