Hello,

When creating Group Contacts, some of my contacts include e-mails and phone numbers, whenever I add their names, I am asked whether I want a number OR an e-mail, what can I do if I want both?

Sometimes I want to mass txt them and other times I want to mass e-mail them.

Any help please?

Thanks!
    Jalal
    03-19-09 08:14 AM
    Create two separate groups? One for Email and one for SMS?

Seems simple. What am I missing?
    03-19-09 09:28 AM
    You're right, MM. OP will have to create two separate groups. One for SMS/MMS and the other for e-mail. Kind of a bummer, but at least then you'll know where you're sending it.
    03-19-09 10:36 AM
    I think he understands he could do 2 seperate groups I believe he was just wondering if he could get around that and be able to not have to. But the answer would be no you need 2 groups

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 10:41 AM
    I think he understands he could do 2 seperate groups I believe he was just wondering if he could get around that and be able to not have to. But the answer would be no you need 2 groups

Thanks for the clarification, Reaper.
    03-19-09 10:46 AM
    Yup Reaper you're right.

I just thought I could do it in an easier way.

Thanks for the clarification everyone.
    03-19-09 11:26 AM
    Yea it sucks that you can't sorry

03-19-09 11:33 AM
    I bet that there is a developer out there somewhere right now running with your question and creating something that could do this! might not be able to do it now but you might be able to do it later!
    03-19-09 01:54 PM
    Think for a moment, e-mail and SMS are 2 separate functions. You would have to send it two different ways, anyway.

That is why you can't combine the two. Your entries' contact information is separated in your addy book, have to make a choice, right?
    Can't do everything at once, it wouldn't make sense.

03-19-09 03:27 PM
    BK, aside from that even IF it can be done, you'd then have the enigma of not having everyone's email addresses/ cell#. I know there's some people whom I have their cell #, but don't have their email. Some that I have their email but not their cell, and some whom all i have is their BB pin. BUT, that could just be me.. LOL
    03-19-09 04:14 PM
    ok but what the OP was doing is making a group so say he is going to make a group of clients and it appears he happens to have everyone email and phone number. so instead of having two groups dubbed clients he wanted to have just one and be able to choose how to contact the people in the group in that manner. i believe what he is looking to do is much more for convenience of sorting rather than just quickest send option i do not think it is unreasonable to want this but it does suck you aren't able to do this. i have tried before for similar situation and it would just make things neater in the phone to have one group for each criteria such as "clients" "coworkers" etc....
    03-19-09 06:27 PM
    That's so true.

Now I have two groups:
    Xyz e-mail
    Xyz phone

03-20-09 09:08 AM
    Just add both. I picked each person twice - or the # of ways to contact them. I have one group soccer and it has every type of contact. Same with family, etc.

03-20-09 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD