With the announcement that BlackBerry is effectively leaving the consumer market soon (and thus will not be selling to most of us) I feel it is appropriate to create a thread dedicated to thanking BlackBerry for all of the good times over the years. I can't picture my younger years without BlackBerry. I will continue to use my Z10 until it dies.
    FF22, Air Force One, imz and 3 others like this.
    09-20-13 11:33 PM
    BlackBerry is not dead! I am seeing more and more Z10's at work and school. All of my friends have BlackBerry 10 devices so you are just trolling. Plus I know an inside blackberry source who tells me Instagram and pinterest is coming soon because BB10 is going to really take off! I don't need good specs, but I'll keep spending top dollar on BlackBerry phones!

Sarcasm over.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 11:45 PM
    Looking forward to many more years to come. Z30 next on my list.

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    09-20-13 11:47 PM
    Oh Lord. You're being overly dramatic IMHO. They are not exiting the consumer market. That is not how I interpreted that at all. Keep this thread anyway. If one day we need it it will be there. If we don't it will at least be funny.
    09-20-13 11:49 PM
    Its over people that's it
    09-20-13 11:51 PM
    With the announcement that BlackBerry is effectively leaving the consumer market soon (and thus will not be selling to most of us) I feel it is appropriate to create a thread dedicated to thanking BlackBerry for all of the good times over the years. I can't picture my younger years without BlackBerry. I will continue to use my Z10 until it dies.
    Hello horse, meet flog.
    09-21-13 12:10 AM
    Oh Lord. You're being overly dramatic IMHO. They are not exiting the consumer market. That is not how I interpreted that at all.
    Dude, it's over in the consumer market. Not immediately but eventually.
    09-21-13 08:52 AM
    Oh Lord. You're being overly dramatic IMHO. They are not exiting the consumer market. That is not how I interpreted that at all. Keep this thread anyway. If one day we need it it will be there. If we don't it will at least be funny.
    Seriously c'mon, lets face facts, Blackberry is usually vague but its not that difficult to translate, here's some of the dictionary:

We are evaluating strategies = We're up for sale
    We are refocusing our efforts on enterprise customers = We failed in the consumer race
    Mobile computing = Something that doesn't involve Miracast or USB OTG support.
    Hyper connected = People who talk?
    09-21-13 09:01 AM
    Just because they're no longer targeting the consumer makrket doesn't mean we won't be allowed to buy BB's.
    09-21-13 09:05 AM
    (next) Next gen Microsoft Surface
    [off topic]
    I'm going to be keeping a close eye this Monday when the unveiling of the Surface Pro 2 takes place, I think this is my next tablet.

[on topic'ish]
    Blackberry & staff have done well over the years, they put up one tough fight, albeit towards the end it felt as though they gave in much sooner than one would anticipate, especially considering the time and effort put forward to get to this point.

Granted, they worked hard for 1-2 years flat out, to only throw in the towel for the consumer race after 9 months of launch. I wanted to be proven wrong when the silly fanboys said its a young OS, needs time etc etc, but looks like I was unfortunately right.
    09-21-13 09:06 AM
    [off topic]
    I'm going to be keeping a close eye this Monday when the unveiling of the Surface Pro 2 takes place, I think this is my next tablet.

[on topic'ish]
    Blackberry & staff have done well over the years, they put up one tough fight, albeit towards the end it felt as though they gave in much sooner than one would anticipate, especially considering the time and effort put forward to get to this point.

Granted, they worked hard for 1-2 years flat out, to only throw in the towel for the consumer race after 9 months of launch. I wanted to be proven wrong when the silly fanboys said its a young OS, needs time etc etc, but looks like I was unfortunately right.
    ill have to keep an eye on the surface launch.
    09-21-13 10:08 AM