Yeah but sidlexic. Al Gore is so "douchy". How can you respect such an environmentally politicin' pimp like this jeyk off?
    On another note: I noticed a couple people, or maybe only one person, make a comment that this thread was so off topic that the mods should lock it. If the OP of a thread takes it off topic, is that still a message forum faux pas?
    Anyway, remember the guy who ate McDonalds every day for a month? Morgan Sperlock (sp). He got liver failure. Same with the cell phone. Don't hold it to your head so much. Christ.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 10:00 PM
    I was curious about cell radiation today so i looked up the radiation output of common cell phones.

Cell phone radiation chart - CNET Reviews

RIM has some of the highest radiation of all the companies. The highest legal level of output in Canada and the US is 1.6W/Kg and most blackberries are around 1.5 and higher!
    I think with the rising proof of cells causing brain tumors RIM should concentrate on cutting down this number a little.
    Btw, i hate to compare but the iPhone is under 1W/Kg.
    What do you guys think?
    stop talking on a cell phone and you want have any thing to worry about or use a wired headset.
    01-23-09 10:07 PM
    Anyway, i don't understand why you are bashing him when he's trying to make the world a better place. And digging up dirt on his heating bill is a little low and absurd.
    Low and absurd, hmmmm, NOT

I just watched the movie and he uses REAL facts from REAL people who are REAL scientists. Most of his data is displayed on convincing line graphs with 30 or more years of data behind them. There were 928 peer-reviewed articles on global warming and none of them disagreed that it was real.
    And the Michael Moore movies are sooo truthful that we should believe them too right???

Come on, as I said earlier, YES we are definitely seeing a warming trend. And in the (very) long run there will be a drastic change from our experience today. But in reality we are coming out of an ice age, and you can not sit back and say that there is enough data to convincingly conclude that human activity is the greater contributor to that trend. Then at the same time (here we are getting back on topic) say that there is not enough evidence to conclude that cell phone use causes any illness.

Then we must conclude that we do not have enough data to make a sound statement as to whether global warming is more than our distance from the last ice age. Right? If the ice receded from Missouri to the very far north of Canada after the Wisconsin ice age then why must it be stopping, maybe it should not be, and that this warming trend is no more than a continuation of that same process. We also know that parts of the world that are the very driest, arid, barren land was once a tropical rain forest, what changed that, was it some form of human intervention that caused this massive change.

What we as humans must face is the fact that we are not greater than our planet. We can not stop the process of its evolution, and that our time here is a mere speck in time.

*edit* this is not staying on topic, but I find interest in the debate, so if we want we could continue in "off topic" and post a link here for those that also find interest?? Pm me if you want
    Last edited by madphone; 01-23-09 at 11:04 PM.
    01-23-09 11:01 PM
    You know those "opinionated articles" are published by doctors and scientists right?

But you're right, most of them say "possible link".
    Proof of mobile health risk| News | This is London

Scientists debate possible cell phone link to brain cancer - CNN.com

CNN'S LARRY KING DISCUSSES THE DANGERS OF CELL PHONES
    You do realize that The Evening Standard, CNN.com and Larry King are not "doctors and scientists", right? They are media sources, which of course, are never biased and never spin stories to boost sales or readership. Send me a link from the New England Journal of Medicene with conclusive evidence that does not include the words "could" or "might" or "maybe" and you'll have a case.
    01-23-09 11:14 PM
    He used the computer generated image from the opening credits of "the day after tomorrow". The scene does however reflect what the ice shelves look like. As the commentator states "uses fake shot to make a REAL point". Anyway, i don't understand why you are bashing him when he's trying to make the world a better place. And digging up dirt on his heating bill is a little low and absurd.
    I just watched the movie and he uses REAL facts from REAL people who are REAL scientists. Most of his data is displayed on convincing line graphs with 30 or more years of data behind them. There were 928 peer-reviewed articles on global warming and none of them disagreed that it was real. He says in his video that there was a memo leaked from "a small group of people" (i'm guessing oil and auto industries along with the gov't) and it stated that their objective was to "reposition global warming as theory rather than fact". That scene can be found at 72:10- 73:15 of the linked video.

An Inconvenient Truth - TV Shack

Whether or not he borrowed a computer generated clip the point is still clear and the FACTS are there with supporting satellite images.
    So seriously man, you're making me angry with your ignorance. If you still don't believe, watch the video and do some research on the names he gives near the beginning of the movie.
    I didn't say I didn't believe in global warming. I was just pointing out the irony of a man trying to tell the world to use less energy, when he was using an absurd amount himself. If you think that is low and absurd than so be it. I just find it pretty funny.
    01-24-09 12:50 AM

Back on topic, if it was not cancer killing us it would be something else. Buy a phone and talk as long as you want, you may only live to be 50.
    Amen to that. It's like the old, "Don't take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive."

I think I will certainly die of a lot more things than using my cell phone too much.
    01-24-09 01:07 AM
    Holy **** i give up. Think what you want! Your heads are so dense the radiation wouldn't affect you anyways lol.
    Are we expected to believe that the same people who CAN'T tell us if it's going to rain three days from now CAN tell us that the ice cap is going to freeze in 20 YEARS??

I'm glad that you made this comparison. There is the EXACT same amount of proof that global warming exists as brain cancer from cell phone usage. No data but great for political campaigns and CNN. You need to read a bit more and stop listening to Paris Hilton!
    01-24-09 09:19 AM
    Are we expected to believe that the same people who CAN'T tell us if it's going to rain three days from now CAN tell us that the ice cap is going to freeze in 20 YEARS??

I'm glad that you made this comparison. There is the EXACT same amount of proof that global warming exists as brain cancer from cell phone usage. No data but great for political campaigns and CNN. You need to read a bit more and stop listening to Paris Hilton!
    Ok. I cant believe i'm the only one here who solidly believes Global Warming. The icecaps are melting not freezing. And no there is proof. Maybe you should open your mind to the outside world.
    01-24-09 01:56 PM
    Ok.. first off.. anyone that thinks microwaves are the same as ionizing radiation... stfu already. lol.

You are confusing microwave background radiation "noise" with electromagnetic MICROWAVES used for cooking. So stop already.

Sid... you will **** off the fanboys even if you occasionally support their position, so let that one roll off your back.

Global warming is a political tool. Period. They are already warning of ice ages. Scientists need funding so they project HUGE problems with small changes in observations. Politicians need FEAR to get regulations (taxes)... so they do the same.

And electromagnetic AND ionizing radiation are everywhere. I'm not saying that these cell phone/cancer links are baseless.. but you HAVE to look at how they controlled for bias.

For example... maybe it's type A personalities that USE cell phones that are more prone to brain cancer. If you can't answer confounders like that, you don't have an objective study.

In other words, global warming, cancer... it's all SPECULATION.
    01-24-09 02:25 PM

You don't understand the difference between short term predictions and the analysis of long term trends? It's no wonder you think anyone listens to Paris Hilton.

01-24-09 02:39 PM
    Yep.. And Al Gore invented the Internet...
    I'm going to put on my tin foil helmet now right after I finish my fallout shelter. God bless hippies!
    01-24-09 03:06 PM
    Oh well, gotta die from something!
    01-24-09 03:09 PM
    No it is not like denying global warming.

You say it all in your last sentence - there is no hard proof.

Where are the studies showing that the waves that cell phones emit cause these mutations? Cell phones do not emit radiation like gamma particles or the like kind of nuclear radiation, but electromagnetic radiation in specific frequencies just like radios and TVs.

If they do cause cancer then we should find the proof.

Actually, gamma radiation IS electromagnetic radiation, just like microwaves.

The difference between microwaves and radiation like gamma rays and x-rays is that gamma and x-rays are higher frequency, and any physicist will tell you that E = hf, where E is energy, h is plank's constant and f is frequency, meaning that the energy is directly related to the frequency - the higher the frequency, the higher the energy of the radiation.

but I still love my blackberry...
    01-24-09 03:13 PM
    By the time cancer cells start to form from cellphones, we will already be dead! 2012 will happen first.
    Is this something to do with the Mayan calendar, by any chance?...
    01-24-09 03:17 PM
    01-24-09 03:48 PM
    Low and absurd, hmmmm, NOT

And the Michael Moore movies are sooo truthful that we should believe them too right???

Come on, as I said earlier, YES we are definitely seeing a warming trend. And in the (very) long run there will be a drastic change from our experience today. But in reality we are coming out of an ice age, and you can not sit back and say that there is enough data to convincingly conclude that human activity is the greater contributor to that trend. Then at the same time (here we are getting back on topic) say that there is not enough evidence to conclude that cell phone use causes any illness.

Then we must conclude that we do not have enough data to make a sound statement as to whether global warming is more than our distance from the last ice age. Right? If the ice receded from Missouri to the very far north of Canada after the Wisconsin ice age then why must it be stopping, maybe it should not be, and that this warming trend is no more than a continuation of that same process. We also know that parts of the world that are the very driest, arid, barren land was once a tropical rain forest, what changed that, was it some form of human intervention that caused this massive change.

What we as humans must face is the fact that we are not greater than our planet. We can not stop the process of its evolution, and that our time here is a mere speck in time.

*edit* this is not staying on topic, but I find interest in the debate, so if we want we could continue in "off topic" and post a link here for those that also find interest?? Pm me if you want

Lets not even get started on Michael Moore and 911 for that matter, that debate will be another time lol. I posted the video link. Here it is again, i think you should watch it. After you've watched it, you will have a legit view on both sides of this argument.
    01-24-09 03:49 PM
    Ok. I cant believe i'm the only one here who solidly believes Global Warming. The icecaps are melting not freezing. And no there is proof. Maybe you should open your mind to the outside world.
    Well, you should really point out that over the last decade the global temperature has increased by 1.8 degrees..... on MARS!!!!!

Of course the Earth is warming... It's a cycle that it goes through. We are probably contributing to it, but the Earth will do as it pleases.
    01-24-09 03:53 PM
    Thanks for the links. I like this one lol "Interphone defines �regular� use as one call, once a week." The one about kidney stones is interesting.
    01-24-09 03:59 PM
    Well, you should really point out that over the last decade the global temperature has increased by 1.8 degrees..... on MARS!!!!!

Of course the Earth is warming... It's a cycle that it goes through. We are probably contributing to it, but the Earth will do as it pleases.
    Exactly.. anyone ever heard of a "solar maximum"?
    01-24-09 04:10 PM
    ...take further discussion to this thread, since this has gotten way off topic.

Thanks

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...10#post1493010
    01-24-09 06:51 PM
    Possibly, But According to the Sphynx we were supposed to die in '05

So Don't Get your Hopes up.
    01-24-09 08:37 PM
    So can the brain tumor receive wifi? If so, that'd be great.
    01-24-09 08:48 PM
    2012 is most famously know for being the end of the Mayan calendar, but there are so many other theories related to it now.
    01-25-09 10:52 AM
    01-29-09 07:16 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD