I'll take a bit of brain cancer if it means superior reception.
    I hope this was a joke

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 03:17 PM
    Holy **** i give up. Think what you want! Your heads are so dense the radiation wouldn't affect you anyways lol.
    Last edited by Sidlexic; 01-23-09 at 08:51 PM.
    01-23-09 03:17 PM
    Guys, this is like denying global warming!
    Radiation is known by everyone to mutate cells AKA cancer. Radiation is emitted from cell phones, also known by everyone. Yes the radiation is minuscule but prolonged exposure (years and years) can mutate cells. And the part of your brain least protected from radiation is your temple and ear. It cant be that hard to put two and two together. There is no hard proof yet because cellphones haven't been in use long enough to do a proper study.

Show me proof that global warming is real.

Either way, Storm wins!!! Haha, its lower than my old "dumb" phone!
    01-23-09 03:18 PM
    I guess you have not been to Wisconsin lately. To give you synopsis of what it is like:
    1. over a third of the year it gets below freezing (we have only had a couple days above freezing since Thanksgiving)
    2. Lakes freeze solid enough that people drive their cars on them.
    3. It gets cold enough that tears and mucas freeze.
    Cold weather doesn't disprove global warming. The claims of global warming don't claim that somehow temperatures won't go below zero or we won't ever have a winter that is colder than others we have seen.

01-23-09 03:20 PM
    I don't really want to jump into a heated debate, but isn't it relatively well accepted that global warming IS real... the debate is just whether humans are causing it or it is just a natural cycle for our planet?

I don't know though -- my forte is bio/chem/physics, not earth stuff. LOL!
    01-23-09 03:23 PM
    Silly homosapiens; tricks are for rabbits.

You have a higher chance dying (whatever the method may be) immediately just by leaving your home to go out into the world...than you do of dying while waiting for empirical evidence to come out that requires a surgeon general's warning label on cell phones.

Point: Live your life without the fear of hypotheticals.
    01-23-09 03:31 PM
    Thank god I have a magnet in my phone to bounce radiation away from my brain. As far as the microwave goes I don't use the microwave at all. It kills all the nutrients u eat. I eat only ORGANIC especially and other fruits. They use radiation to flash the bananas and other fruits to ripe them quicker to sell in the stores so they can look pretty and keep bugs away from them.

01-23-09 03:31 PM
    Silly homosapiens; tricks are for rabbits.

You have a higher chance dying (whatever the method may be) immediately just by leaving your home to go out into the world...than you do of dying while waiting for empirical evidence to come out that requires a surgeon general's warning label on cell phones.

Point: Live your life without the fear of hypotheticals.
    Oh yeah, there's no way i'm going to stop using my BB
    01-23-09 03:32 PM
    Ya know what, cell phone radiation never scared me. Now MARSUPIALS they scare me, cause there fast, and they dart. You can't get a bead on em
    01-23-09 03:38 PM
    By the time cancer cells start to form from cellphones, we will already be dead! 2012 will happen first.
    01-23-09 03:46 PM
    I don't really want to jump into a heated debate, but isn't it relatively well accepted that global warming IS real... the debate is just whether humans are causing it or it is just a natural cycle for our planet?

I don't know though -- my forte is bio/chem/physics, not earth stuff. LOL!
    First part of my post was not serious.

Second part is the truth. So many scientists believe in "evolution" and that the earth is millions, and millions of years old, and that there have been not one, but at least THREE ice ages. So, is there global warming, yes. But the same science that states that evolution is true also states that WE ARE COMING OUT OF AN ICE AGE! Is it something that we as humans can change, that remains to be seen, as does exactly how much we are actually contributing to the rate of warming. That is still speculation, since just like cell phone use, the data is relatively new. We have not really been keeping track of the temperature for all that long, which makes this global warming very much speculation, at least how great the human impact on it is.
    01-23-09 03:50 PM
    Ya know what, cell phone radiation never scared me. Now MARSUPIALS they scare me, cause there fast, and they dart. You can't get a bead on em
    Gremlins will get us first
    01-23-09 03:51 PM
    Thank god I have a magnet in my phone to bounce radiation away from my brain. As far as the microwave goes I don't use the microwave at all. It kills all the nutrients u eat. I eat only ORGANIC especially and other fruits. They use radiation to flash the bananas and other fruits to ripe them quicker to sell in the stores so they can look pretty and keep bugs away from them.

Yep, and i kill my own red meat, buy my rabbits and chickens from an Amish farmer too. It is healthier plus it tastes better too.
    01-23-09 03:53 PM
    First part of my post was not serious.

Second part is the truth. So many scientists believe in "evolution" and that the earth is millions, and millions of years old, and that there have been not one, but at least THREE ice ages. So, is there global warming, yes. But the same science that states that evolution is true also states that WE ARE COMING OUT OF AN ICE AGE! Is it something that we as humans can change, that remains to be seen, as does exactly how much we are actually contributing to the rate of warming. That is still speculation, since just like cell phone use, the data is relatively new. We have not really been keeping track of the temperature for all that long, which makes this global warming very much speculation, at least how great the human impact on it is.
    Yeah but the cycle is coming waaay to early this time. Have you seen Al Gore's Inconvenient Truth?

Thread topic has pretty much been lost lol.
    01-23-09 04:05 PM
    Yeah but the cycle is coming waaay to early this time. Have you seen Al Gore's Inconvenient Truth?

Thread topic has pretty much been lost lol.
    Sometimes it hard to stay on the road when we get distracted lol
    01-23-09 04:26 PM
    Have you seen Al Gore's Inconvenient Truth?
    I've seen the movie. But wasn't there an article claiming somewhere that the movie stole scenes from the movie The Day After Tomorrow?

Edit- Found some articles
    Al Gore Used Fictional Scenes in “An Inconvenient Truth” � America’s Watchtower
    Gore Used Fictional Video to Illustrate ‘Inconvenient Truth’ | NewsBusters.org
    Last edited by avt123; 01-23-09 at 04:44 PM.
    01-23-09 04:42 PM
    I'll take a bit of brain cancer if it means superior reception.
    *****, I've seen people with brain cancer, vomiting up their own FECES! Yes, I bet you'll have some of that. I know you were joking, but that's very distasteful.
    01-23-09 04:48 PM
    I've seen the movie. But wasn't there an article claiming somewhere that the movie stole scenes from the movie The Day After Tomorrow?

Edit- Found some articles
    Al Gore Used Fictional Scenes in “An Inconvenient Truth” � America’s Watchtower
    Gore Used Fictional Video to Illustrate �€˜Inconvenient Truth�€™ | NewsBusters.org
    I dont remember that but how does that make his movie illegitimate? The science in "The day after tomorrow" is the same that Gore was talking about except in the movie the global warming happens over night. Its unrealistic but its the same theory, just different time lines.
    I'm sure he explained and gave credit to the scene.
    01-23-09 05:12 PM
    ...do you really think that the water will rise as high as people say? lets face it, only a very small percentage of ice floats above water, and there reall is not that much ice on either pole, so just how much water are we talking about?

And as far as believing Al Gore, &%$ &*^% I*&^ %% &* NO, is all I can say. That guy is like a one hit wonder lol, there ain't no way I am believing him.
    01-23-09 05:57 PM
    ...do you really think that the water will rise as high as people say? lets face it, only a very small percentage of ice floats above water, and there reall is not that much ice on either pole, so just how much water are we talking about?

And as far as believing Al Gore, &%$ &*^% I*&^ %% &* NO, is all I can say. That guy is like a one hit wonder lol, there ain't no way I am believing him.
    There's a lot of ice man. And its not the rising water that is as much of a concern. The fresh water pouring into the Atlantic will stop ocean currents and cause an ice age. How? Salt water is lighter than fresh water, fresh water sinks to the bottom and super cold salt water comes up, this throws off the circular current in the Atlantic which also governs the Jet stream winds which in turn governs the global temperature. The ice melting off the Canadian shield caused the last ice age, same could happen with Greenland.
    WikiAnswers - What percentage of the worlds fresh water supply is frozen in Antarcticas ice cap

Anyway, i'm tired of arguing, there's only so much research i can do for you. This thread should be locked as it is off topic.
    01-23-09 06:09 PM
    I'm sure he explained and gave credit to the scene.
    I'm pretty sure he didn't, that's why people had to prove he stole the scene from The Day After Tomorrow. Funny how he tried to prove a theory, doesn't have the evidence to prove it (evidence that scene is trying to show), steals the "evidence" from another movie, and then claims it as his own.

Also, for a man who is trying to make the world a greener place, he used way more energy than he is suggesting others to use....
    FOXNews.com - Gore's High Energy-Use Home Target of Critical Report - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum
    Real Debate Wisconsin: Al Gore's house still an energy hog.

At least now he fixed it up.
    Gore gets green kudos for home renovation - Environment- msnbc.com

He did invent the internet though!
    Last edited by avt123; 01-23-09 at 06:30 PM.
    01-23-09 06:27 PM
    Shouldn't someone tell the President?

01-23-09 06:45 PM
    I'm pretty sure he didn't, that's why people had to prove he stole the scene from The Day After Tomorrow. Funny how he tried to prove a theory, doesn't have the evidence to prove it (evidence that scene is trying to show), steals the "evidence" from another movie, and then claims it as his own.

Also, for a man who is trying to make the world a greener place, he used way more energy than he is suggesting others to use....
    FOXNews.com - Gore's High Energy-Use Home Target of Critical Report - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

If you look at the itemized bill, Al Gore pays a higher rate to assure that the energy he uses comes from green sources as often as possible.
    01-23-09 07:12 PM
    If you look at the itemized bill, Al Gore pays a higher rate to assure that the energy he uses comes from green sources as often as possible.
    That still doesn't negate the fact that after the renovations he used 10% more energy.

Energy Guzzled by Al Gore’s Home in Past Year Could Power 232 U.S. Homes for a Month Gore’s personal electricity consumption up 10%, despite “energy-efficient” home renovations

In the past year, Gore’s home burned through 213,210 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity, enough to power 232 average American households for a month.
    01-23-09 07:20 PM

He used the computer generated image from the opening credits of "the day after tomorrow". The scene does however reflect what the ice shelves look like. As the commentator states "uses fake shot to make a REAL point". Anyway, i don't understand why you are bashing him when he's trying to make the world a better place. And digging up dirt on his heating bill is a little low and absurd.
    I just watched the movie and he uses REAL facts from REAL people who are REAL scientists. Most of his data is displayed on convincing line graphs with 30 or more years of data behind them. There were 928 peer-reviewed articles on global warming and none of them disagreed that it was real. He says in his video that there was a memo leaked from "a small group of people" (i'm guessing oil and auto industries along with the gov't) and it stated that their objective was to "reposition global warming as theory rather than fact". That scene can be found at 72:10- 73:15 of the linked video.

An Inconvenient Truth - TV Shack

Whether or not he borrowed a computer generated clip the point is still clear and the FACTS are there with supporting satellite images.
    So seriously man, you're making me angry with your ignorance. If you still don't believe, watch the video and do some research on the names he gives near the beginning of the movie.
    01-23-09 08:35 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD