I was curious about cell radiation today so i looked up the radiation output of common cell phones.

Cell phone radiation chart - CNET Reviews

RIM has some of the highest radiation of all the companies. The highest legal level of output in Canada and the US is 1.6W/Kg and most blackberries are around 1.5 and higher!
    I think with the rising proof of cells causing brain tumors RIM should concentrate on cutting down this number a little.
    Btw, i hate to compare but the iPhone is under 1W/Kg.
    What do you guys think?
    01-23-09 01:35 AM
    True but look at the Storm, less then 1 W/kg. Just like the iPhone. Also look at Motorola.
    01-23-09 01:44 AM
    True but look at the Storm, less then 1 W/kg. Just like the iPhone. Also look at Motorola.
    Yeah the storm is good. Motorola is almost pushing the law. But my point wasn't really about comparing with other phones but to inform CB users to not chat on their phones too long
    01-23-09 01:50 AM
    does bluetooth device emit any kind of radiation?
    the BT earpiece in particular
    01-23-09 01:54 AM
    I'll take a bit of brain cancer if it means superior reception.
    01-23-09 01:55 AM
    Hmmm, and aren't Blackberrys and Motorolas known for good reception and audio qualities? Might be a catch 22, want the best reception/transmission but need to accept higher levels of radiation to get it?
    01-23-09 01:56 AM
    does bluetooth device emit any kind of radiation?
    the BT earpiece in particular
    Yes according to this article Bluetooth emits radiation as well but is minimal compared to a phone (around .001W/Kg). It also states in this article that BB phones sold by Cingular and T-Mobile in the US emit around .25W/Kg. So some of you are risk free

Bluetooth: Dangerous Waves?
    01-23-09 02:03 AM
    2 words..... bluetooth earpiece
    01-23-09 06:22 AM
    Yeah the storm is good. Motorola is almost pushing the law. But my point wasn't really about comparing with other phones but to inform CB users to not chat on their phones too long
    hate to tell you but you get more radiotion from eating microwaved foods, or being near a TV/Computer monitor. The output is within legal limits and has been deemed safe by those testing these outputs. Just about everything is radioactive, including bananas.
    01-23-09 06:26 AM
    Stop talkn & keep txtn

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 06:28 AM
    Yeah but look at the Storm, that is pretty low, whew. Thought I was going to die from the use?? Now I can live long enough for it it give me high blood pressure
    01-23-09 06:33 AM
    hate to tell you but you get more radiotion from eating microwaved foods, or being near a TV/Computer monitor. The output is within legal limits and has been deemed safe by those testing these outputs. Just about everything is radioactive, including bananas.
    Microwaves from the kitchen appliance should not hurt you unless you can put you head in there while it is on

They bounce water molecules around, the friction causing heat. Since all things have water in them, the get hot.
    01-23-09 06:36 AM
    I use my bluetooth all the time so I guess I'm safe!
    01-23-09 06:37 AM
    Ya a microwave will do no harm unless you rig it to work with the door open. It is very well sheilded. I don't think you should stress out too much about radiation, because as previously stated, every electronic device sends out some rays.

01-23-09 07:06 AM
    I use my bluetooth all the time so I guess I'm safe!
    Same here, im good to go!
    01-23-09 11:35 AM
    I think with the rising proof of cells causing brain tumors RIM should...
    I'd really like to see this "rising proof" of yours. And by "proof" I mean published results of respected medical studies, not opinionated articles in magazines.
    01-23-09 12:10 PM
    Guys, the horse is dead can you stop beating it?
    01-23-09 12:33 PM
    There is no residual radiation from microwaved foods or radiated products like bananas. and the cell phone is more of a concern than a TV because you are holding it to your head lol.
    01-23-09 02:33 PM
    I'd really like to see this "rising proof" of yours. And by "proof" I mean published results of respected medical studies, not opinionated articles in magazines.
    You know those "opinionated articles" are published by doctors and scientists right?

But you're right, most of them say "possible link".
    Proof of mobile health risk| News | This is London

Scientists debate possible cell phone link to brain cancer - CNN.com

CNN'S LARRY KING DISCUSSES THE DANGERS OF CELL PHONES

And about the radiating household appliances, its not like we're pressing our heads against our TVs monitors and microwaves right?
    Anyway, this thread wasn't meant to **** off fanboys (as i am a fan of BB) but to enlighten the community. Bluetooth still emits radiation but its so little that its not worth mentioning.
    Last edited by Sidlexic; 01-23-09 at 03:05 PM.
    01-23-09 02:37 PM
    You know those "opinionated articles" are published by doctors and scientists right?
    Opinionated articles don't consist of proof even if they are written by doctors or scientists. Scientists and doctors prove things by experiments and studies that get published in peer reviewed magazines and then confirmed. Even one study often isn't enough to consider something proven.

I am also curious what this supposed rising proof is.

01-23-09 02:55 PM
    Opinionated articles don't consist of proof even if they are written by doctors or scientists. Scientists and doctors prove things by experiments and studies that get published in peer reviewed magazines and then confirmed. Even one study often isn't enough to consider something proven.

I am also curious what this supposed rising proof is.

Guys, this is like denying global warming!
    Radiation is known by everyone to mutate cells AKA cancer. Radiation is emitted from cell phones, also known by everyone. Yes the radiation is minuscule but prolonged exposure (years and years) can mutate cells. And the part of your brain least protected from radiation is your temple and ear. It cant be that hard to put two and two together. There is no hard proof yet because cellphones haven't been in use long enough to do a proper study.
    01-23-09 03:02 PM
    I use mine on speaker phone 99% of the time... Do you get radiated from speakerphone?
    01-23-09 03:06 PM
    I guess you have not been to Wisconsin lately. To give you synopsis of what it is like:
    1. over a third of the year it gets below freezing (we have only had a couple days above freezing since Thanksgiving)
    2. Lakes freeze solid enough that people drive their cars on them.
    3. It gets cold enough that tears and mucas freeze.

And to put it in a real perspective for all you "scientists", in the grand scheme of things, we are coming out of an Ice Age.

Back on topic, if it was not cancer killing us it would be something else. Buy a phone and talk as long as you want, you may only live to be 50.
    01-23-09 03:11 PM
    I use mine on speaker phone 99% of the time... Do you get radiated from speakerphone?
    I doubt it, its pretty far away from your head ("sensitive brain cells").
    01-23-09 03:12 PM
    Radiation is known by everyone to mutate cells AKA cancer. Radiation is emitted from cell phones, also known by everyone. Yes the radiation is minuscule but prolonged exposure (years and years) can mutate cells. And the part of your brain least protected from radiation is your temple and ear. It cant be that hard to put two and two together. There is no hard proof yet because cellphones haven't been in use long enough to do a proper study.
    No it is not like denying global warming.

You say it all in your last sentence - there is no hard proof.

Where are the studies showing that the waves that cell phones emit cause these mutations? Cell phones do not emit radiation like gamma particles or the like kind of nuclear radiation, but electromagnetic radiation in specific frequencies just like radios and TVs.

If they do cause cancer then we should find the proof.

01-23-09 03:15 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD