A quick note in case anyone from RIM is reading this. Thank you for the free apps!

The service outage was a minor inconvenience for a couple of days and I really appreciate the thought behind giving us all some 'paid' apps for free!

Thank you!

EDIT: 'minor' not 'monor':-)
    Jake Storm, mikechaudron and bbmme like this.
    10-29-11 09:13 AM
    This is Bull S#$t
    Most of the free apps are not available for the torch.
    10-29-11 09:48 AM
    The 9850 torch is what I was talking about
    10-29-11 09:51 AM
    Which apps are not available?
    10-29-11 10:09 AM
  5. T
    I agree, op. Thank you, RIM.
    10-29-11 10:56 AM
    +1 to the OP! Thanks RIM!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-11 11:08 AM
    Thank you RIM!

10-29-11 11:10 AM
    So far, all the apps given by RIM are useless to me. I really did hope that RIM should have just givne us all like a $20 app world pass where we could purchase any app til in app world until we'eve used up the $20 credit..but again, only a few apps have been released. There is a lot more coming. On another note, humanity is insatiable, RIM cannot please everybody
    10-29-11 12:29 PM
    Thanx a lot RIM but for pple like me, these apps cannot content me because I have a high profile job in which everyone relies on their BB

10-29-11 12:45 PM
    Better question is which ones are. There are only 2 apps available for the torch 9850. Bejeweled and I can't remember the name of the second one, but it wasn't something I wanted.
    Truthfully, this new torch stinks. Apps are very scarce. Locks up a lot and now they just updated the software and wikitude doesn't work anymore.
    Should have got a droid.
    10-29-11 01:51 PM
    Sorry, I was wrong. Bejeweled is NOT available.
    Two apps:

Bubble Bash 2 and DriveSafely

Both crap apps

Thanks RIM
    10-29-11 02:06 PM
    Well, I was pleased anyway.
    10-29-11 03:13 PM
    Thanks RIM.
    Outages happen with all kinds of services. That's just a fact of life.
    I was not expecting any kind of compensation, but this was a pleasant surprise.
    I don't know how many of the free apps I will use. But if I only use one, it will be still be a nice bonus. Thanks again.
    10-29-11 04:49 PM
    Sorry, I was wrong. Bejeweled is NOT available.
    Two apps:

Bubble Bash 2 and DriveSafely

Both crap apps

Thanks RIM
    You're right. Both are rubbish, and from the list of the ten to be made available I won't be rushing into App World before the expiry date.

Had RIM been genuine about this act of contrition they would have credited each account with $xyz and let the users decide on the apps. This way, the poor developers probably bear the cost.
    10-30-11 01:14 AM
    You're right. Both are rubbish, and from the list of the ten to be made available I won't be rushing into App World before the expiry date.

Had RIM been genuine about this act of contrition they would have credited each account with $xyz and let the users decide on the apps. This way, the poor developers probably bear the cost.
    OK. The first two are junk. The Bejeweled app was free and I used it and Im addicted and the most awaited app for most I'm sure, is Vlingo Plus
    10-30-11 01:23 AM
    I am sure that the die-hards are waiting around for these to be released (free apps). The people who were on the fence about their device...this likely pushed them over the edge into going with iphone or android. My gut says RIM likely lost a lot of North American market over this.
    10-31-11 09:13 AM
    Shazam on my 9860 Torch is a decent free app.

Personally, as a UK user, I'd have liked this offer of free applications to have included a decent 3rd party podcast application. The native BB podcast app doesn't work over here and is completely pointless.
    10-31-11 09:27 AM
    Yes thank you RIM for the horrible apps, one being an app that is made for users to spend money on music. $100 worth of apps means nothing if only half work on my device

10-31-11 10:07 AM
    I would like to say thank you to RIM as well, even though the apps aren't necessarily catering to everyone, I found myself very pleased with two so far. Drivesafely is great for me, and also Shazam, im so tired of asking does anyone know that song, lol.
    10-31-11 10:12 AM
    Why didn't they give us xxx$ credit ?
    -> Because it's a deal with their editors, they probably let the apps for a symbolic dime against gaining some new users.
    Apps are crap
    -> well, don't over-charge your phone with the current and wait for the next ones

Personally the outage perturbations have been under 7 hours, with stop and go periods (France/SFR). Anyhow, I didn't expect any compensation, but while I'm not an app consumer (all the software I need is on my desk) ... I'll take a ride on every one. This is why it is a nice idea: I discover a new use of my BB. Me, RIM and editors have a win-win-win deal.
    P.S : And no, it has not made me become yet an app hunter.
    10-31-11 10:17 AM
    Yes thank you RIM for the horrible apps, one being an app that is made for users to spend money on music [...]
    I love music, and shazam gives me the ability to know what I hear when I like it. Buy it or not (and how/where to) is my sole decision. And still, remember ... nothing is free over the internet; if you believe the opposite is true whether you hack it () or you're a *little* naive.
    10-31-11 10:24 AM
    I noticed that Shazam Encore was available with RIM's compliments today. I will certainly use that.
    10-31-11 10:33 AM
    It's great when someone gives you something for free when you expect nothing. I'm grateful for the good faith effort of RIM to do something when they didn't have to do anything.
    DPSydBerry likes this.
    10-31-11 11:25 AM
    I don't really get it why people was/is so upset about the outage, I mean it's not like RIM/BlackBerry did it to p*ss us of! It was all just bad luck, it could have happend to anybody... Yeah I admit during the 3 days my BB was practicly useless I wasn't very happy... take away something your addicted to and that happends... but the only thing that really got to me was the lack of information, it took almost 2 days until we got any info on what was happening, my carrier didn't even know, I had to inform them so they could tell the rest of their BB users.

I agree with alot of you saying the free apps are useless, like someone said it would have been better to give us $20 credit to use in AppWorld as we pleased. Everybody doesn't want the same things.
    But anyway, Thank You RIM/BlackBerry for giving us something! It's not like they had to...
    11-01-11 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD