Saw this posted on Facebook this morning. Thought I'd share since I didn't see this posted anywhere here.

BlackBerry | Facebook

Official statement

Research In Motion Offers Free Premium Apps to Customers Following Service Interruptions

FAQ's

Thanking BlackBerry Customers for their Loyalty & Support: FAQs | Facebook
    10-17-11 06:26 AM
    Sims 3 & Vlingo Plus for me, I already had Drivesafe.ly for years and it's not that great (fairly encumbering) but since it's free get it too if you haven't tried it.
    Mastec likes this.
    10-17-11 06:42 AM
    Thanks, will look into those two apps
    10-17-11 07:37 AM
    RIM is also offering a 1 month trial to their Technical Support for free. They didn't HAVE to do anything, other than apologize for the outage. the fact they they are offering the apps and other goodies is a show of good faith in the customer base, IMHO.

http://www.blackberry.com/enterpriseoffer/
    10-17-11 07:47 AM
    Now when does apple and android do this? This is called CUSTOMER SERVICE which I believe RIM is best at. I called them once with an issue and the guys there are very experienced and took a lot of time answering my dumb questions. Thanks! This article today ENLIGHTENED me and I'm so happy RIM did this! They didn't have to do it. A formal apology would do the trick too. No RIM did the extra mile. Thanks RIM and I will always be there for you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-11 08:12 AM
    Now when does apple and android do this? This is called CUSTOMER SERVICE which I believe RIM is best at. I called them once with an issue and the guys there are very experienced and took a lot of time answering my dumb questions. Thanks! This article today ENLIGHTENED me and I'm so happy RIM did this! They didn't have to do it. A formal apology would do the trick too. No RIM did the extra mile. Thanks RIM and I will always be the epic customer

10-17-11 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD