This post will most probably be my last ever post on these crackberry forums, as i am getting my new HTC Desire HD on tuesday, and bidding farewell to my curve 8520. I wouldnt mind hearing your thoughts on my decision. I would just like to say thank you to all the people and inhabitants of the crackberry world, i have enjoyed my time with you and you have helped me through a lot of issues i have had with my blackberry and generally made me have the best blackberry experience as i could have had. So..

Thank you, and Farewell.
    05-08-11 10:42 AM
    8520 to the desire is a big jump. Why the jump? There are tons of new devices coming out soon... What features are the bold 9780, torch, torch 2, bold 9900, lacking that wouls make you switch to the HTC. I am not belittleing your decision, to each their own, just curoius as to what "sold" you to the desire ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-11 10:46 AM
    I just really wanted a change, and didnt really see the biggest excitement from going from my curve to a bold 9780. I am not saying that theres nothing good about them because there definetly is. But i think the biggest reason is that blackberry was my first smartphone and even it being a great phone i just wanted something a bit different and a bit more fun as i do think one thing that blackberry is desperately missing, is a good selection of apps.
    05-08-11 10:58 AM
    I think BB has came a long ways when it comes to apps! And its only gonna keep getting better. A lot of the problem is people take the Free phone deal (8530/8520) and then want to jump ship come renewal time. The bold series with Os6 is much better than the curve! Especially the new Bold touch is the device everyones waiting for.
    05-08-11 11:57 AM
    Yeah, the 8520/8530 is widely regarded as a POS. However carriers keep pushing them like wildfire, then people think RIM is rubbish, and drop them without think the 8520/8530 are the worst phones ever, but not reflective of RIM as a whole.
    05-08-11 12:21 PM
    05-08-11 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD