I would like to thank the CrackBerry Moderators for cracking down on some of the obvious trolls in these forums. There is a big difference between calling RIM on their inefficiencies and demeaning them unfairly.

I notice that 2 users, are banned at the moment and I am glad these 2 have been dealt with. I (along with a few other users) was becoming very annoyed with their trolling and I am grateful that something has been done about them.

Let's continue to keep CrackBerry.com free of the infections that threaten to fester into unsightly sores... The Trolls.

Thanks again Mods!
    04-22-12 07:00 AM
    I've also been noticing a significant drop in trolling lately.

Thanks mods, I like coming here again!! )
    04-22-12 07:03 AM
    I too was finding it difficult to come into the forums. i would want to go and read the posts and re-post but it was all the same hurtful junk. it made me not want to post. but now that the trolls are being kicked out and the less redundancy of the forums are going away it makes me want to post again
    Stewartj1 and jafobabe like this.
    04-22-12 07:15 AM
    I too was finding it difficult to come into the forums. i would want to go and read the posts and re-post but it was all the same hurtful junk. it made me not want to post. but now that the trolls are being kicked out and the less redundancy of the forums are going away it makes me want to post again
    It's great isn't it!? And seeing as though the mods don't get paid, they are doing a phenomenal job.
    04-22-12 11:02 AM
    I feel the same way Jagwire, my posts and participation on CB has diminished greatly with all the bickering and trolling.

What does help the mods tremendously is the red triangle button at the top right of each post (better known as the Mommy Button) to report those kind of posts for the Mods to review. The Mods can't read everything and their free time and volunteering is limited.

So we are the ones that need to help the Mods (through the report button) in getting those kind of posts reduced from CB.

Thank you Mods for all you do. It is greatly appreciated!
    edu3110 likes this.
    04-22-12 11:19 AM
    There still seems to be an overwhelming bb sucks theme. Right know I really enjoy RIM equipment, so to come on CB looking for software, advise, etc.... and get barraged with your phone and tablet suck is not very productive. The mods can only do so much, I think the best avenue is maybe check the news and stay away from the forums. I have found other bb blog sites that are not full of the "bbs are inferior" dingdongs, so probably going to be checking them out a little more and CB a little less. Sucks but but bad apples ruin the bunch.
    04-22-12 11:34 AM
    Bad apples do ruin the bunch, but we all have to help in culling (<- yes correct word) them out so they don't ruin the whole.

We want CB to grow and be an even better source for our BB addiction!
    Last edited by jafobabe; 04-22-12 at 11:43 AM.
    JAGWIRE and r0v3rT3N like this.
    04-22-12 11:40 AM
    I feel the same way Jagwire, my posts and participation on CB has diminished greatly with all the bickering and trolling.

What does help the mods tremendously is the red triangle button at the top right of each post (better known as the Mommy Button) to report those kind of posts for the Mods to review. The Mods can't read everything and their free time and volunteering is limited.

So we are the ones that need to help the Mods (through the report button) in getting those kind of posts reduced from CB.

i didn't know that was even a button! LOL i will definitely be hitting it now that i know its there
    04-22-12 11:45 AM

Please cite the origin of that term and give credit where credit is due. I thank you in advance for use of my copyrighted term.
    jafobabe likes this.
    04-22-12 11:49 AM
    Please cite the origin of that term and give credit where credit is due. I thank you in advance for use of my copyrighted term.
    LOL! Sorry Al, I couldn't find the Tm icon when I posted.... and since you and I have posted so much on this, I thought it would bring you out of the shaddows to comment.

*kisses*
    04-22-12 11:53 AM
    XXX back at ya', swooooooonnnnnnnn....................
    jafobabe likes this.
    04-22-12 11:56 AM

I dind't know there was a report button either. Nice to know... Time to start reporting those hurtfull threats.
    04-22-12 11:57 AM
    The rules are stated in most of the individual forums, with the stickies... here is one from the Playbook forums....

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...forums-655452/
    04-22-12 12:21 PM
    even though i've been a BB user for many years, i didn't join CB until i upgraded to my 9860 and found myself coming here more and more looking for tips, tricks and answers to any questions i had or offering any help that i could give but over the past few months coming here has been a chore, sifting through all BS and negativity. i know it's always gonna be there but it's nice to see some of it being cleaned up!

thanks guys!

oh and i never knew about the report either!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    04-22-12 12:30 PM
    It comes and goes in waves like the oceans tide. I find it hard sometimes to ignore them (the best defense) and at times have to vent on them. If we stop coming here whether its sprinkling or raining cats and dogs, they win. They exist in every part of human life and not just smartphone platforms. Remember that stupidity is a widely growing pandemic and there is no cure. Keep on keepin on! CB Rocks!
    jafobabe likes this.
    04-22-12 12:36 PM
    Your right it definitely comes and goes when 2.0 came out i didnt see much slammin'. But recently ( news and rumors "blackberry in full scale collapse" for example) it really cranked up. My point is it is not my website but i do not have to come here either. So if it is more trouble and frustration then it is worth, there are other sites. That being said CB is the reason I can use my playbook so hopefully the marketing for android/apple will slow down.
    04-22-12 01:05 PM
    even though i've been a BB user for many years, i didn't join CB until i upgraded to my 9860 and found myself coming here more and more looking for tips, tricks and answers to any questions i had or offering any help that i could give but over the past few months coming here has been a chore, sifting through all BS and negativity. i know it's always gonna be there but it's nice to see some of it being cleaned up!

thanks guys!

oh and i never knew about the report either!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    and hasn't CB been a great place for you to learn and make new friends
    now don't you wish you would of known about CB right from the get go?
    ...if you answered yes to these please sign the petition to bring CB to BB10 ....ya a little harmless plug LMAO
    04-22-12 04:40 PM
    and hasn't CB been a great place for you to learn and make new friends
    now don't you wish you would of known about CB right from the get go?
    ...if you answered yes to these please sign the petition to bring CB to BB10 ....ya a little harmless plug LMAO
    ok ok, ya got me. your little plug worked! headin' that way now so consider it signed!

Done!
    Last edited by up488; 04-22-12 at 05:16 PM.
    JAGWIRE likes this.
    04-22-12 05:02 PM
    ok ok, ya got me. your little plug worked! headin' that way now so consider it signed!

Done!
    saw it thanks for the sig . you should also plug this into your sig
    <url"=https://www.change.org/petitions/rim-blackberry-to-have-the-bb10-phone-preloaded-with-the-crackberry-app">your words</url>
    04-22-12 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD