For some unknown reason my BB seized up, and I could do nothing with it. It had the dreaded JVM Error 529 message, and I was thinking I would have to go to the Verizon store and work the issue.

Well, reading CrackBerry gave me a way out.

First, I downloaded from Verizon the current BB OS build for my unit.

Second, I pulled the battery and then followed the procedure in the How To's here for restoring a nuked BB. That gave me an OS to boot into.

Then I hooked up to Desktop Manager and restored from backup.

Now the unit is fully operational.

It shows the value of this place and of the people who go to the time and effort to post all those tips and how to articles. Thanks much!
    11-05-09 02:03 AM
    I agree; this site offers a vast amount of knowledge. I know many users on here have helped me out of a lot tough situations that I was clueless about.

So just adding on another "thank you" to anyone who has helped me out in the past!
    11-05-09 02:05 AM
    Now the unit is fully operational.

It shows the value of this place and of the people who go to the time and effort to post all those tips and how to articles. Thanks much!
    On behalf of all the members that have contributed to making this such a great internet destination, you are welcome.

These are the success stories that demonstate the value of an interactive media like a forum with a search tool.
    11-05-09 10:56 AM
    Wow, someone actually used the search feature to fix their phone!

Congrats! This goes to show we need more users like you around.
    11-05-09 11:01 AM
    Yep. I was all set to go to Verizon but had a thought and came here and did a search on JVM Error 529. The posts I found told me what it meant, and also linked to the restoring a nuked BB thread, which led me on the road back.

Still have no idea how the file system got corrupted, but now I know how to recover if it happens again.

I've seen other enthusiast sites, but this one takes the cake in how it categorizes and presents lots of useful tips and how to items.
    11-05-09 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD