Good lord almighty! Could you imagine this?

$4,800 SMS bill

If that little girl were one of my kids, she certainly wouldn't be smiling during the interview.
    04-09-09 04:14 AM
    What's worse is she only got grounded. I can hear my dad saying
    "Boy, call 911 and DCYS now. With any luck they'll be here when
    I'm done breakin' my foot off in your a$$"
    04-09-09 04:26 AM
    LMAO. She was grounded for the rest of the school year and dad took a hammer to the phone lol if my kid would have ran up $5000 phone bill they would want to touch a phone again. Plus someone at Verizon would be paying that bill because if I have no text messaging plan why wouldn't they call to let someone about these charges being ran up on the phone. Just my 3 cents.
    04-09-09 04:35 AM
    Grounded 'til the end of the school year... what's that... like a whole friggin month?
    04-09-09 04:38 AM
    Plus someone at Verizon would be paying that bill because if I have no text messaging plan why wouldn't they call to let someone about these charges being ran up on the phone. Just my 3 cents.
    Even without a texting plan most carriers
    have a per text charge, which is spelled out in the contract. Failure on the
    account holder to perform due diligence (i.e. read the damn thing)
    should not absolve them of charges incurred on their account.
    04-09-09 04:49 AM
    wow thats a ridiculous amount to pay just for txting i would be pissed if i were that girls father
    04-09-09 05:00 AM
    Holy crap. And only til the end of the school year? In my family, my parents would be planning my funeral, because they'd kill me!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 05:02 AM
    Man they were super calm in that video. If it were mt parents I'd be standing up cause they woulda wore my **** out till it was too sore to sit. Not only be able to sit that day but prob the whole month instead of grounding. I'm glad my kids aren't old enough yet for cell phones.

04-09-09 05:34 AM
    I'm a mom of 5 and they all have their own cell w/unltd sms. I don't want to have to worry about a almost $5000 bill - I would look possessed like the girl in that movie 'the exorcist' where her head spins around and spews green vomit all over-and that wuld just be the beginning!! LOL

04-09-09 07:59 AM
    I'm pretty sure I would just deport my kid. Ha, no, but honestly, that's insane, people really do need to read the fine-print.
    04-09-09 10:31 AM
    What I find odd in the story, is the school/teachers, waited until she had four F's before contacting the parents. Granted I went to school with the Dinos, but my teachers would have let my folks know about failing grades long before my grades dipped to F's in four subjects.

The destroyed phone shows that even easy going no spank parents have limits. <heheheh> I have a feeling along with grounding, she won't be seeing another phone, let alone cell phone, until she's married with kids of her own!

Good lord almighty! Could you imagine this?

$4,800 SMS bill

If that little girl were one of my kids, she certainly wouldn't be smiling during the interview.
    04-09-09 10:57 AM
    This is also a prime reason why teenagers shouldn't have cell phones. I can understand junior/senior year in high school, this is just rediculous.

04-09-09 10:59 AM
    now my question: why would you get your daughter an env and not expect her to be txting... what is the point to that?
    04-09-09 11:02 AM
    i love that dad "disabled" the phone rotflmfao
    04-09-09 11:08 AM
    now my question: why would you get your daughter an env and not expect her to be txting... what is the point to that?
    lol how can u tell what it is *G*
    04-09-09 11:09 AM
    lol because that is my other phone and i sell it lots.... was clearly the env2
    04-09-09 11:11 AM
    I gotta agree that dad is a dope for not have an unlimited plan. My wife wanted to get one of our nieces a cell phone for her 13th birthday a couple a years ago much her sisters objections. She said we'll just add another line to our plan (600 minutes per month at the time). I said NFW. That kid will blow through our minutes in a week and we'll be stuck with a giant phone bill.

Ultimately we got her a prepaid plan and put $50 on it. Sure enough she ran out of minutes in about 10 days.

Thought not their responsibility, carriers should notify there customers when they see a huge jump in usage/charges or at least have that as a customer option with a temporary cut off until they hear back from the customer.
    04-09-09 11:16 AM
    LMAO. She was grounded for the rest of the school year and dad took a hammer to the phone lol if my kid would have ran up $5000 phone bill they would want to touch a phone again. Plus someone at Verizon would be paying that bill because if I have no text messaging plan why wouldn't they call to let someone about these charges being ran up on the phone. Just my 3 cents.
    if you listened to the mother verizon did call but not until the bill was up to 4000 though.
    04-09-09 11:26 AM
    Now carriers should explain to people getting a new phone with contract w/o txt messaging that it'll cost them everytime they send one till they get a txt messaging plan.

Or carriers at their end should really disable and block txt messaging from being sent in the first place if theres no txt message plan on the phone
    04-09-09 11:30 AM
    My question is this... I'm watching the video and everyone seems to be smiling or laughing like this is some big joke. Is it, is it really? Wow... I give it two weeks and that id-diot gets another phone.
    04-09-09 11:33 AM
    my kid would be grounded and required to get a part-time job to help pay for the bill.
    04-09-09 11:46 AM
    Clearly that child has an addicitve personality disorder. Texting 700 messages a day (there are only 1440 minutes in a day) is a sure sign that next year she'll be snorting coke.
    04-09-09 11:47 AM
    Now carriers should explain to people getting a new phone with contract w/o txt messaging that it'll cost them everytime they send one till they get a txt messaging plan.

Or carriers at their end should really disable and block txt messaging from being sent in the first place if theres no txt message plan on the phone
    A customer can do that, but you have to know.
    04-09-09 11:49 AM
    Yep, it's obviously an ev2...I don't feel bad for it at all. If I had one of those I would probably take a hammer to it too! haha

It's obviously a texting phone...why did her parents get her one of those without any text messaging plan or at least by blocking it?

I also find it hard to believe that she would send 700 txts/day without her parents noticing at all...That's just insane. No wonder she's failing everything.

Haha I started texting when I was like 13 and I told my dad after I had sent like 5 because I knew they cost .15 (at the time) and if I racked up a bill, I couldn't do it at all. Better safe than sorry!
    04-09-09 12:03 PM
    That's awesome!
    04-09-09 12:05 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD