I've been having some problems with text messages with my BlackBerry Q10. Friends have told me that my texts come in paragraphs, some times out of order. Also, when others text me, their texts often get cut off mid sentence. I never had this happen with my iPhone :/.

Is this just the nature of the phone, or is something going wrong? I have full bars, so it's not a service problem.

Thank you!
    08-17-13 12:41 PM
    I've been having some problems with text messages with my BlackBerry Q10. Friends have told me that my texts come in paragraphs, some times out of order. Also, when others text me, their texts often get cut off mid sentence. I never had this happen with my iPhone :/.

Is this just the nature of the phone, or is something going wrong? I have full bars, so it's not a service problem.

Thank you!
    its the nature of how the network receives and sends the sms. Instead of going past the 140 character limit in sms, try to stop at 140, hit send and then continue typing

reason you never had the issue on iPhone is that it used "iMessage", which was their attempt at a BBM like structure. SMS between iPhones.
    Matthew Angelone likes this.
    08-17-13 12:44 PM
    iMessage is not necessary to send/receive long messages.

Most phones and carrier networks support multipart SMS, aka long SMS. The sending phone breaks the long message into parts, and sends a preceding header that describes the parts. The receiving phone reads the header and reassembles the parts. If this is not working correctly, something is wrong on the sending phone, carrier network, or receiving phone.

Read the wikipedia article on SMS for a detailed description. There was a problem in the past with CDMA support for multipart SMS, that problem has hopefully been solved by now. But if the sending or receiving phone is CDMA, it might be worth testing with two GSM phones.
    Matthew Angelone likes this.
    08-17-13 05:15 PM