Is there a way to receive text messages while in a wifi hot spot with no signal? Or is there a program to download to help with this?
    04-28-10 01:33 PM
    i believe sms needs a phone network connection, however i believe that bbm is fine over wifi....
    04-28-10 01:36 PM
    Mischief is correct. SMS needs a carrier network while BBM will work over carrier or WIFI.
    04-28-10 01:51 PM
    04-28-10 01:58 PM
    This would only work if both phones have the Kik client installed, otherwise it still uses SMS. BBM seems much easier (assuming the other phone is a BB).
    04-28-10 09:49 PM
    This would only work if both phones have the Kik client installed, otherwise it still uses SMS. BBM seems much easier (assuming the other phone is a BB).
    Actually, it works JUST FINE with only 1 phone having the program.... (you get 50 free "sms" msgs per month)

And it works over the BIS network (even connected through WiFi), there by not needing coverage.

Also, he didn't state if both phones were blackberries.

I use this program on my Storm2 to text message my sister internationally (Canada) on her Rogers Moto Krzr (she replies back sending the message right back to my blackberry).
    04-28-10 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD