View Poll Results: Do you use your phone while driving?

Voters
452. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time, I'm great at one handed texting!

162 35.84%
  • Only talk w/ Bluetooth or Handsfree.

68 15.04%
  • I drive with my knees and do all sorts of other things.

109 24.12%
  • NEVER, it's much too dangerous.

113 25.00%
    i was gonna comment i dont know about the other states but in mn now its illegal to text and drive hahaha!
    07-06-08 01:03 PM
    This will solve all your problems while texting and driving.

jott.com

Sorry cant make it a link not 10 post yet...

It's a free voice to text messaging service along with to do list and reminder etc.

All you do is give them a call and tell them the person you wish to text and then say what you wish to text to that person and it translate and sends.

All free except for whatever your carrier charges. You sign up and then download the blackberry mobile version. Such a simple way to text while driving instead of trying to take a hand off the wheel, to text just simply make a call from speakerphone or via bluetooth.

Plus, I rather you take your hand off the wheel for a call than to text someone.

Just my two centz

i use jott while driving - sometimes. LOVE IT!!
    jott for blackberry or go to the download page on mobile: Jott for BlackBerry

i do it totally hands-free with the voice dial (or speed dial) to answer a quick text or email if it's important - but, i still have to be somewhere like, stopped at a light or on some stretch of cruise-control type of highway. there's still a certain amount of multi-tasking involved so when i'm in heavy traffic i tend to not divide my attention on making a call. but, it's awesome for those little notes you want to add to your calendar when you're sitting there waiting for a light and you remember you need to pick up your dry cleaning or something!
    Last edited by bexx; 07-06-08 at 01:13 PM. Reason: fix link
    07-06-08 01:11 PM
    I just thought I'd post this warning to people who text while driving:

A local 18 year old girl took her eyes off the road to ANSWER her ringing cellphone (she wasn't even texting). She hit a two year old boy. She was so engrossed in answering her phone she didn't realize she'd done it; she thought she'd hit a pot hole. She looked back out of her window and couldn't see anything because the boy had rolled off the road and into a ditch. He later died.

If she had been PAYING ATTENTION instead of being worried about her cellphone she either wouldn't have hit him at all OR could have used her cellphone to get emergency response there quicker, thereby saving his life. It isn't just about putting other motorists in danger, it's yourself, kids... you never know what can happen out there on the road.

And no... I don't text while driving (I rarely text at all) and have even been known to let calls go while driving.
    07-06-08 01:45 PM
    I 've done it but not too much, I try to limit it to red lights and slower traffic...I talk on it all the time tho while driving and check maps and weather....I can safely multi- task...and to think that my nickname is crash...lol
    07-06-08 04:21 PM
    It's ok, you just have to drive with your knees.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-08 04:23 PM
    Ill take the 5th - of whiskey I'm guilty, but not too often
    07-06-08 04:32 PM
    Do as I say not as I do.
    07-06-08 04:35 PM
    I don't do it unless stuck in traffic - meaning...stopped. I have not and won't text or dial while moving my vehicle. Too risky.
    07-06-08 04:36 PM
    I do it all too much I imagine. I thin I've gotten good at using my peripherals!
    07-06-08 05:01 PM
    if i'm at a stoplight i will otherwise it's too hard. shifting gears AND texting..**** no...
    07-06-08 05:01 PM
    i wish there was a voice activation software that would let you talk what you needed to be texted//
    07-06-08 09:22 PM
    I put my device on silent when I get behind the wheel, nothing can be more important than your life. Life is precious yours or anyone else for that matter. Be safe than sorry.

07-06-08 11:30 PM
    When I had my voyager I could easily text without looking and while keeping an eye on the road. If there was a straight road I'd do it. I can't do that yet with my pearl, though. I limit myself to red lights for a quick text. If I ever talk on the phone it's a quick one on speaker phone. It's illegal to drive while talking without a hands free in nj thoug, so it also saves me a ticket.

07-07-08 02:44 AM
    I guess I�m bad�I do it all while drivin I text and talk�When ever my phone rings I answer it, unless its someone I don�t want to talk to�I only drive w/1 hand anyway�.so my other hand is free to do what eva
    07-07-08 05:34 AM
    two-handed...im trying to stop this bcuz it is really bad and dangerous.
    07-07-08 08:29 AM
    Anyone else using Jott? Sounds interesting. Is there another voice to text program anyone is using?
    07-07-08 09:44 AM
    I�m guilty!!! My girl hates it when i do that!
    07-07-08 09:47 AM
    I'm with those who wait for the a red light... or if I'm in traffic
    07-07-08 10:29 AM
    thats the reason I use Vlingo, works like a charm
    07-07-08 11:33 AM
    Hhhmmmm.....no, I NEVER do this. Lol.....ny nose it totally growing!!!!

07-07-08 11:56 AM
    Only when I'm at a red light. I got in a crash texting about 5 years ago, won't do it again.
    07-07-08 02:30 PM
    I do every day. one handed.
    07-07-08 03:42 PM
    I do it by I wait for red lights or clear traffic. I don't do it at night, or when the weather is bad. Nor do I do it on the highway. But yes, I am guilty. depends on how I'm feeling if I do one had or two. I have a great method for 2. I was a chap when I had my voyager & enV. I didn't even need to see the buttons!
    07-07-08 07:44 PM
    Nope, anything that important gets a call via the bluetooth. I a cheap SOB and I can't afford the tickets!
    07-07-08 09:16 PM
    I never text while driving.
    07-12-08 05:09 PM
576 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD