View Poll Results: Do you use your phone while driving?

Voters
452. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time, I'm great at one handed texting!

162 35.84%
  • Only talk w/ Bluetooth or Handsfree.

68 15.04%
  • I drive with my knees and do all sorts of other things.

109 24.12%
  • NEVER, it's much too dangerous.

113 25.00%
    I did Once,,But the other Day I saw a Guy Slam into the Guy in Front of Him who had stopped in The HOV Lane.. Not Pretty.
    06-26-08 12:04 PM
    Never. But when driving I am super aware that there are morons who do this so I am all the more alert of cars that could weave onto my side of the road, etc. It's amazing that there are people who would risk killing other people to send a text message.

I just got rear ended by a 25 year old a couple of weeks ago. I was stopped behind other traffic, looked in my rear view mirror and in that one second saw that she was looking down at something and WHAM. I bet that she was at least dialing if not texting.
    06-26-08 12:51 PM
    Yes I'm guilty of this! One hand unless stuck in traffic or @ a red light! I drive with the knees 2 old trick that I learned from dad! Lol. Why does it seems everybody wants to text or call you while your driving or just plain busy?.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 12:56 PM
    Never. But when driving I am super aware that there are morons who do this so I am all the more alert of cars that could weave onto my side of the road, etc. It's amazing that there are people who would risk killing other people to send a text message.
    All I can say is AMEN! to that.
    Never have, never will.

Why does it seems everybody wants to text or call you while your driving or just plain busy?.
    Better question. Why do people feel obligated to respond?
    Just let it go until you are not piloting a ton of rubber,
    steel, corrosive and explosive agents (aka your vehicle)
    down the road
    06-26-08 01:09 PM
    Nope. I paid too much for my vehicle to risk messing it up over a stupid text. Not to mention risking the lives of other motourists. No thank you.

If I receive a text and I feel the need to respond, I'll pick up my phone and call that person - via voice dialing.
    06-26-08 01:14 PM
    im very guilty of this
    06-26-08 01:15 PM
    Every day using both hands on my Curve. I drive with my knees and am still able to drive better than most people using both hands.
    06-26-08 04:26 PM
    yeah I do it, it's not that hard with the pearl and the sure type I'm all day with it haha
    06-26-08 06:44 PM
    I make whoever is the passenger do the typing, which leads to interesting messages when sent by my 8 year old
    06-26-08 07:25 PM
    put down the phone and drive damnit!
    06-26-08 08:10 PM
    if you are old, please do not even attempt this. nothing worse then being stuck behind an old person on the phone.

get "vlingo"

no need to type. "Send Message to Pee-Wee Herman Message your a sick man". click send. done. no need to type and cause accidents.
    06-26-08 08:20 PM
    Oh no never that. I talk on the phone while driving. People don't like that either but I don't care.

06-26-08 08:28 PM
    i am guilty

and i am the girl who gets a buetooth to be a safer driver while on the phone...go figure
    06-26-08 08:30 PM
    Oh no never that. I talk on the phone while driving. People don't like that either but I don't care.
    Well those of us responsible scraping your as@#$s off the pavement would
    appreciate if you just drove. Seriously, what text message
    are you getting that is worth risking your life, or those of
    the people around you.

"What up, dude"
    "Nuttin, just driving to see my boo"
    "Aight, L8R"

Give me a friggin break
    06-26-08 08:46 PM
    Haha!

I don't.
    The few times I tried, I found it to be difficult on the Curve.
    Besides, I can't afford to hit someone.
    06-26-08 08:50 PM
    I can neither confirm nor deny that I have sent text messages while driving :-)
    06-26-08 08:53 PM
    I do it quite often! In fact, sometimes going 70 down the high way! Depends if what I'm driving if I can manage 1 or 2 finger texting!
    06-26-08 08:59 PM
    I do/did I was typing a email and ran a red light and hit a lady. Oops. Everyone was OK. After I made sure all was OK, I went back to my email. The lady was mad, and so was the cop, my email was more important then the wreck... Kicker is I had everything done with my insurance company and had a tow truck on its way Via emails before the cop even had any of my information down. So I got 2 tickets One for Failure to Stop and one for Expired tags (should of got those back in February). Came to a total of $147.00 Here are the pics...

06-26-08 09:02 PM
    I do this sometimes...I'll talk for sure, trying to use the headset or speaker.. Jennifer you had me envisioning my mom yelling down upon me while I was reading you post, lol. *cough *cough awkward!
    06-26-08 09:12 PM
    Rather impossible to do while on my motorcycle. But for all you morons that I have to dodge on the freeway at least once a week I have this to say. If you take me down on my Harley you better have very good insurance because you'll be replacing close to 30000 plus medical bills and my salary while laid up. That is if my wife doesn't hunt you down. You don't want to meet my lady when she is mad.

Do is both a favor and keep the BB hands free and hands on the wheel and be aware of us on two wheels. I know some of us can be jacksases on the road but many of us aren't.

Ride and drive safe!

06-26-08 09:37 PM
    Sorry, I was upset.
    Do not be sorry at all. We may be in the minority
    but WE are right I think.

I can't begin to tell you how many accidents
    I have responded over this kind of foolishness

And on a personal note, If I have an accident with
    my 2 y/o in the car and I find out it was because
    some d&%^head thought his text was more important
    than me and the boy, there will not be enough Troopers
    to keep me from killing that silly SOB
    06-26-08 09:39 PM
    Sounds like my wife.

06-26-08 09:41 PM
    Sounds like my wife.
    Sounds like a "keeper" to me
    06-26-08 09:44 PM
    I do all the time, and am finding the people taking the high ground on this thread a bit amusing.

I have been txting and driving since i was 15 years old, it may be irresponsible but the only thing i need to look at is the actual txt itself. My eyes are on the road when responding. I see where everyone is coming from, but i dont see the reason for all this anger lol.

I do it consistently, with no remorse. Never a speeding ticket or accident
    06-26-08 09:57 PM
    Sounds like a "keeper" to me
    Absolutely! My Mommy didn't raise no dummies.
    06-26-08 10:02 PM
576 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD