View Poll Results: Do you use your phone while driving?

Voters
452. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time, I'm great at one handed texting!

162 35.84%
  • Only talk w/ Bluetooth or Handsfree.

68 15.04%
  • I drive with my knees and do all sorts of other things.

109 24.12%
  • NEVER, it's much too dangerous.

113 25.00%
    I have text while riding my motorcycle. I dont do it that often. I do text while I drive, but I use one hand most the time unless I am at a red light.
    09-26-08 02:12 PM
    Yes, but, with that logic, one shouldn't drive with screaming toddlers either.

Just a thought.
    Comparing children to texting? Children are important and if they are a distraction you should get off the road and deal with them. I can't think of any text that is so important it can't wait until the car's stopped. But, if it is, pull off the road and take care of it. I don't care to be seriously injured or die for a few words of text.
    09-26-08 02:17 PM
    I do this sometimes. I generally try to wait for red lights or slow traffic, but I've caught myself texting in 80mph traffic once...maybe twice lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-08 11:55 PM
    Comparing children to texting? Children are important and if they are a distraction you should get off the road and deal with them. I can't think of any text that is so important it can't wait until the car's stopped. But, if it is, pull off the road and take care of it. I don't care to be seriously injured or die for a few words of text.
    Actually I was comparing children to the post about a radio being distracting. Certainly not to texting! :-D I have a kidd-o myself. It wasn't meant to be anything overly serious. Just a note to the "noise" is a distraction.
    09-29-08 09:37 AM
    I tried to use vLingo.. but I found myself more distracted trying to correct all of the mistakes it made....
    11-24-08 09:42 AM
    I might have done this once or twice before....
    11-24-08 11:36 AM
    Drive with one hand shift and text with the other have been known to do as much as 95 mph while texting.

11-24-08 11:46 AM
    Drive with one hand shift and text with the other have been known to do as much as 95 mph while texting.

Why Doesn't That Shock Me?

LOL
    11-24-08 11:50 AM
    Why Doesn't That Shock Me?

LOL
    Jealous prada lol
    It is easy once you learn your keys. I even post on here while driving I'm a true addict.

11-24-08 12:04 PM

They will take your blackberry away when you go to jail...
    11-24-08 12:24 PM
    It not against the law where I live to text and drive. As far as speeding I got good friends in all the right places I get pulled over but never ticketed

11-24-08 12:28 PM
    It not against the law where I live to text and drive. As far as speeding I got good friends in all the right places I get pulled over but never ticketed

Until Your Doing 95 One Day And Kill Someone.
    11-24-08 12:31 PM
    This just became illegal in my state, so i really try to avoid it, but damn if it isn't tempting sometimes lol
    11-24-08 12:41 PM
    Jealous prada lol
    It is easy once you learn your keys. I even post on here while driving I'm a true addict.

AXXHOLE. * very very immature
    I only WISHED I Knew YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY so I could cut*paste this post!

11-24-08 12:46 PM
    I have never hit another car while speeding but I did hit one in a parking lot doing 10 mph and I didn't have a cell phone back then lol

11-24-08 12:46 PM
    AXXHOLE. * very very immature
    I only WISHED I Knew YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY so I could cut*paste this post!

I have a perfect driving record Bro and btw I was texting my insurance agent yesterday we was both driving and texting, and yes we knew it I have a custom low rider and I was driving right beside her. Even waved while driving and texting her. So I think they already know

11-24-08 12:50 PM
    I have a perfect driving record Bro and btw I was texting my insurance agent yesterday we was both driving and texting, and yes we knew it I have a custom low rider and I was driving right beside her. Even waved while driving and texting her. So I think they already know

It only takes one mess up. It doesn't even need to be on your part.

Just because your Insurance Agent Texts you While Driving Doesn't make it right.

Do you live in Dukes of Hazard Country or Something?

Do you know that now a days Insurance Companies can pull up cell records?

They do this to verify if you were using your phone during an accident.

Insurance Companies can Deny Coverage For Such Mishaps.

In places where Texting/Calling On Cellular Devices is LEGAL It's Called Negligence.

Insurance Policies don't cover Negligence.

If your in a state that Texting/Calling while driving is ILLEGAL and you get into an accident, your Insurance Policy won't cover you.

Policies have a clause that forfeits your coverage if you are in an accident while doing something illegal.

Just an FYI.

And Like I said Before, It Only Takes ONE Mishap, and It Doesn't even have to be yours.
    11-24-08 01:26 PM

Sigh. Its only too bad that this type of ignorance and blatant disregard for others goes unpunished....

11-24-08 01:36 PM
    Heck Yea It Is.

Why else would we have Blackberry's?
    So not funny !! just hope someone you love never gets hurt by a person thinking there blackberry is so important .. !! I bet you would feel diffrent about this subject then !
    11-24-08 01:59 PM
    I never text while driving ! I will wait to get to where Im going or pull over to call the person if I keep getting text from them !
    Sorry Im gonna sound like a mother but thats ok because I am one.
    To those of you on this thread who are acting as if they can text and drive like a pro, making jokes, and being rude about how many peoples lives you can take by doing this ... think about this for a min .. How would you feel if one of your loved ones was killed because of someone like you. What would you wanna do to the A hole who hit your moms car and killed her because they thought texting while driving was no big deal. I can bet that a lot of you would not be saying the things you have said on this thread after that happened .
    Second thing I have to very beautiful young children who are in my car all the time. If anyone ever cut there lives short because we got hit by a person who was texting with one hand two hands or any of the above .. If the person who did that to my children got out of there car alive they will be in a world of hurt .. I will kill for my children any day of the week .. and if you took them from me because of a text god help you !!
    11-24-08 02:13 PM
    I do it every now and then if its important to reply back asap. But now since i d/l vlingo, I use that as often as i need too. It is very convienent to have =)
    11-24-08 02:19 PM
    Prada I don't live in hazzard but I did use to have a 70 charger but it only had a 440 not the hemi and it would lay rubber if I stomped it doing 60. More power ra-ha-ah how ever Tim used to say it lol
    I text and drive safly if I in heavy traffic I get out before I text. I know my limits. I avoid people trying to merge with my low rider daily. Get one and you are they stare and start to come in the lane with you. Thank God for good reaction, great brakes, and turbo to get out of a jam

11-24-08 02:22 PM
    i rarely do it while driving now with my BB....i usually wait for a redlight.
    11-24-08 02:26 PM
    .......... I know my limits. ..........
    This is the same excuse all of the drunk drivers give too.
    11-24-08 02:29 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh ---- sure you did!!! Like I said B4
    AxxxxxxxxHOLE
    11-24-08 02:30 PM
576 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD