View Poll Results: Do you use your phone while driving?

Voters
452. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time, I'm great at one handed texting!

162 35.84%
  • Only talk w/ Bluetooth or Handsfree.

68 15.04%
  • I drive with my knees and do all sorts of other things.

109 24.12%
  • NEVER, it's much too dangerous.

113 25.00%
    I'm guilty of this also....I've tried to break the habit but it seems I get the most txt questions while on the move! I've vowed not to do it while driving b/c it is oh so dangerous, but I can say I'm extra careful ;-)
    09-10-08 07:50 PM
    I do it all the time. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

I tell people all the time that I'm probably going to die running into something while texting.
    09-11-08 12:13 AM
    I do it all the time. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

I tell people all the time that I'm probably going to die running into something while texting.
    And still you do it. Lord I wish this thread celebrating irresponsibility, disregard for self,
    other motorists, their passengers and pedestrians as well would just disappear.
    09-11-08 12:17 AM
    And still you do it. Lord I wish this thread celebrating irresponsibility, disregard for self,
    other motorists, their passengers and pedestrians as well would just disappear.
    **AMEN** totally agree
    09-11-08 12:21 AM
    i do it all the time but using Vlingo! so i dont have to type anything, simply talk! hehe
    09-11-08 12:36 AM
    I drive with my knee and txt with both hands while watching the road...I don't have to look to txt!
    09-11-08 02:56 AM
    Ok, that's it I am personally calling for this thread to be closed.
    How it has survived this long is beyond me.

In some jurisdictions this is illegal and in the ones it isn't this practice is stupid, reckless and ir re friggin sponsible.

This is what CrackBerry.com wants to be accepting and associated with. . Y'all have to
    be kidding me. And yes I do take this personally as I am one of the people
    who have to clean up after this f*^#$ing stupidity.

I am truly surprised that there has not been A SINGLE MOD that has found this
    thread, repulsive, dangerous, and in total contravention to the general safety
    of others.
    I guess as long as it it Blackberry related, no matter how asinine it
    is it plays and gets to flourish. Because we are all addicts and MUST be on our
    BB's at all times, even if we risk killing someone. We're "addicts" after all.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 09-11-08 at 03:27 AM.
    09-11-08 03:11 AM
    It's not an agreement with it AG..people are gonna do it whether this thread exists or not...15 pages of some people doing it...and others that do not do it and explaining accidents that it has caused by doing such stupid things...

People will talk on their phones....People will text while driving..fact of life it is...sad fact that others will put themselves and others in danger but a fact nonetheless..

Anyone in this thread is not going to stop doing what they wanna do..if anything people may look in here and see a post where someone has realized reasons NOT to do it and walk away never doing it again after realizing the dangers of it, or maybe even look in here and find apps such as vlingo that will allow them to NOT do it anymore.

You yourself have contributed to this thread repeated amounts of time voicing your thoughts an opinions on why people shouldn't do it..maybe some of those people have taken your advice...maybe not.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 09-11-08 at 03:41 AM.
    09-11-08 03:33 AM
    It's not an agreement with it AG..people are gonna do it whether this thread exists or not...15 pages of some people doing it...and others that do not do it and explaining accidents that it has caused by doing such stupid things...

People will talk on their phones....People will text while driving..fact of life it is...sad fact that others will put themselves and others in danger but a fact nonetheless..

Anyone in this thread is not going to stop doing what they wanna do..if anything people may look in here and see a post where someone has realized reasons NOT to do it and walk away never doing it again after realizing the dangers of it, or maybe even look in here and find apps such as vlingo that will allow them to NOT do it anymore.

You yourself have contributed to this thread repeated amounts of time voicing your thoughts an opinions on why people shouldn't do it..maybe some of those people have taken your advice...maybe not.
    Excellent post! It's not like crackberry.com is saying "Get caught driving and texting, and you get free prize!".
    09-11-08 09:00 AM
    09-25-08 09:03 AM
    I try not to do it but I do find myself texting while driving. Only time I never text or talk is when I have my son in the car.

I also hear that texting while driving is equivalent to a couple of beers, some have said .24 level.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-08 10:20 AM
    oops... total misread
    Last edited by kstoutdog; 09-25-08 at 11:57 AM.
    09-25-08 11:51 AM
    I dont play around with entertaining the fact of texting while driving. IF i decide to talk, its done through bluetooth via my stereo system.
    09-25-08 11:58 AM
    I do it- and I won't stop.

I could text one handed on my bold without any problems.

I think there are far worse things you could be doing than talking/texting on your cellphone.

Are they going to abolish radios from cars?

Talking to passengers?

I find that talking to a passenger is more engrossing than on the phone.

I've seen commuters eating cereal, complete with milk in a bowl balanced in between their legs. Women applying make up, and even people reading the newspaper on their steering wheels!

ALL WHILE DRIVING!

Seriously, I agree these things are very bad things to do-

But why abolish cell phone usage?

There are People that drive with one hand on the wheel while talking to a passenger...

Whats the difference if they have one hand on the wheel with one holding a phone to their faces?

I smell Communism Ascending onto America...
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 09-25-08 at 01:03 PM.
    09-25-08 12:31 PM
    i am guilty of this BUT only TRY to limit to red lights!
    me too...

there are a lot of distractions while driving...you cant be safe from everything...and even if you are 100% safe driver it still doesnt mean that someone cant crash into you!
    09-25-08 12:36 PM
    I think it's stupid and I intend to quit doing it very soon
    09-25-08 01:32 PM
    The equating using this sort of a device to driving drunk is dead on. It is a distraction to type, but to read/comprehend takes more time/thought.

All the other activities should be prohibited too (eating, reading, etc), or maybe warrant being dragged out of the vehicle and beaten with a bat for endangering every freakin other person out on the road. Want to kill yourself via stupidity, fine, but on public roads you're endangering everyone out there because of selfish behavior like being distracted while driving.

09-25-08 01:32 PM
    I do it ALL the time...
    I know I should stop...but I just can't...
    09-25-08 01:35 PM
    I do it ALL the time...
    I know I should stop...but I just can't...

OH CRAP I'm in Brooklyn too, how come people can't pull off the road to send a text? or wait until you get home? Is it really THAT important to risk your life as well as others?
    09-25-08 01:49 PM
    OH CRAP I'm in Brooklyn too, how come people can't pull off the road to send a text? or wait until you get home? Is it really THAT important to risk your life as well as others?

Heck Yea It Is.

Why else would we have Blackberry's?
    09-25-08 01:54 PM
    09-25-08 01:55 PM
    Look Ma, no hands!lol

GUILTY!! I do it all the time with two hands.

09-25-08 01:57 PM
    Better Stop Texting and Walking!

Or Risk the Police Confiscating your Cell and revoking your walkers license.

Not only that, but you'll be facing jail time and heavy fines.

09-25-08 01:58 PM
    Luckily these laws change a lot. No one in California drives while talking on the phone anymore without using a hands-free now (especially considering if you get a ticket you can get free BT headsets that cost around $100).

I'm more concerned about the people who drive like **** without any distractions in the first place.
    09-25-08 01:59 PM
    Is there any talk and text feature yet? Like you speak your message into the phone and it converts it to text for you? This would be a good innovation if it hasn't already been made available.

The same technology for speech to text on computers may work...
    09-25-08 02:03 PM
576 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD