View Poll Results: Do you use your phone while driving?

Voters
452. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time, I'm great at one handed texting!

162 35.84%
  • Only talk w/ Bluetooth or Handsfree.

68 15.04%
  • I drive with my knees and do all sorts of other things.

109 24.12%
  • NEVER, it's much too dangerous.

113 25.00%
    I try not to but I am guilty!

The worst is google maps.. I wish they had audio directions... it's a b!tch looking down and looking up... I have A.D.D so I have to look at the direction 3x before I can remember the street I'm looking for....
    09-07-08 08:08 PM
    I have to admit I have done this. Yes I'm aware of the danger, but I still do.
    09-07-08 09:14 PM
    i do but im trying to stop...
    09-07-08 09:18 PM
    I'm guilty. One handed only. Whatever you do don't try this....

This Is How We Roll In India Video
    Dude, that is one of the funniest videos I have ever seen, a guy on a motorcycle, steering with his feet and texting someone. WTF.!
    Edit: He's not even steering with his feet! He's totally freeballin!
    Last edited by Mamaluka; 09-07-08 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Mind was blown away
    09-07-08 09:24 PM
    I can get fined for that up here, also could get fined for speeding and that hasn't slowed me down.
    09-07-08 09:27 PM
    I do text while driving, but I've gotten to the point where I don't need to look at the keyboard while typing. I do need to stop though.
    09-07-08 10:00 PM
    Absolutely not. I rarely ever take a phone call while driving much less partake in a more distracting activity that requires you to read what is going on instead of having your head up and eyes scanning the road around while driving a 3000lb + missile down the road.

If I have a really urgent need to do something like that, I'll pull over or find a parking lot.

Don't get me wrong, I love my new BB Curve, but I love my life more, and I'll not risk that by driving in a distracted manner. Maybe once cars and trucks guide themselves down the road I'll stop paying attention to the task of driving, but surely not before that. Not only that but I can only imagine how terrible I'd feel if I were distracted and killed someone other than myself due to my own selfishness.

(Sorry for that as a first post, but I absolutely hate the proliferation of accidents due to distracted drivers, especially being an occasional motorcyclist who has to dodge people who aren't paying attention to the primary task while driving: operating the vehicle and paying attention to such)...

I forgot to add the fact that I have personally witnessed an auto accident directly due to someone playing with the phone and sending/receiving text messages. The light on her side had been red for several seconds and she had a ton of time to react to said light. Didn't even see the light. She admitted she was distracted when I asked as I went to both vehicles to make sure everybody was alright. Thankfully nobody was hurt seriously in that one.

There is no place for distracted driving.
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 09-07-08 at 10:25 PM. Reason: added a final thought...
    09-07-08 10:18 PM
    I've done it at a red light before but never while the car is moving - I'm too paranoid about hitting somebody and being "that dumb blonde chick" texting while driving. LOL!!!
    That would make you a smart blond chick.

There are already enough bad drivers out there on the road already (some that should never given a license in the first place) that you need to watch out for let along texting too. I'm glad they made illegal to talk on the phone while driving in CA. Many times you are risking more than just your own life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-08 10:21 PM
    I've never done it while driving, but have done it while waiting for a light.
    09-08-08 12:39 AM
    Definitely not while driving, but at the traffic light I do text because if I forget the to look up when the traffic light has changed at least theres someone behind me to remind me to move on...
    09-08-08 12:52 AM
    guilty. I try not to but i am working on it.
    09-08-08 12:56 AM
    All it takes is that one time you don't look up and it will possible cost you something of importance such as your life or someone elses.

09-08-08 01:07 AM
    uhh . . i didnt know i couldnt do that?
    09-08-08 01:34 AM
    only during slow periods or at a stoplight
    09-08-08 03:05 AM
    I do sometimes, but I feel like I'm doing something wrong, maybe 'cause I am. I should stop it now.
    09-08-08 03:13 AM
    Used to do it all the time while driving. Now I have Vlingo which works pretty good. I still have to clance down to make sure it got everything right, but my eyes are on the road a lot more now with Vlingo.
    09-08-08 06:12 AM
    I dont text whilst driving as in the UK even if you dial or look at a text you will get 3 points and �60 fine!
    09-08-08 06:19 AM
    Oh that is expensive. Still ok in Sweden to drive and text but it sucks typing on a berry while you drive
    09-08-08 08:10 AM
    That would be reason enough for me not to text there.

And the only time I have sent/answer a text while in my car was at a stop light.

I dont text whilst driving as in the UK even if you dial or look at a text you will get 3 points and �60 fine!
    09-09-08 12:15 AM
    i am guilty of this BUT only TRY to limit to red lights!
    09-09-08 03:56 PM
    lets see sometimes i can keep my eye on the road and text at the same time with one hand. im sure most of you can but that shows we text way to much. lol or if im trying to type real fast ill drive with my knee and use two hands
    09-09-08 04:36 PM
    Lol its funny when people drive w their knees in order to text. Its a skill I've yet to master ; ) I usually only text at red lights as well..but never when I'm driving other people

09-10-08 01:55 AM
    I text all the time and whenever- Ive even gotten pulled over- and I really don't care.

Bring on those Tickets!

I eat them for breakfast!
    09-10-08 02:45 PM
    Red lights and while I am waiting on my daughter to come out of the school.
    09-10-08 05:39 PM
    I used to be able to with my old phone because I could manuever it with one hand and got good enough that I didn't even have to look at the screen. With my BB though I tend not to. It is bulkier and harder to do one-handed therefore more dangerous. I have even pulled over on the shoulder to send a message.

09-10-08 06:00 PM
576 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD