View Poll Results: Do you use your phone while driving?

Voters
452. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time, I'm great at one handed texting!

162 35.84%
  • Only talk w/ Bluetooth or Handsfree.

68 15.04%
  • I drive with my knees and do all sorts of other things.

109 24.12%
  • NEVER, it's much too dangerous.

113 25.00%
    Eh I do it sometimes.
    07-12-08 05:17 PM
    Oh yes. The fine art of DWT. That would be the bb addict's equivalent of DUI. Yep.....do it all the time
    07-12-08 05:50 PM
    Just wondering who here is guilty of texting and driving at the same time. And if you do, do you do it one handed or two?
    If you need to text someone so bad, pull off the road. I can't stand people thst use the phone in the car

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-08 06:42 PM
    I'm appalled at the number of complete and utterly stupid individuals who think this is funny. I mean really, what is wrong with you? I hate driving because of people like you, the other day I watched a young women looking at her phone holding it up over the steering wheel nearly drive head on in to a truck. When she finally swerved she cut off the car I was in and the one next to us and barely kept control. Then right back to the phone. It's amazing how dense people can be. This is not funny, it's not funny that you do it when you're not supposed to. You should all be ashamed of yourselves and if I ever get in to an accident because some ***** was more interested in his or her phone then the vehicle they're driving, they'll see a lawsuit the size of Montana.

There is no excuse, and anyone who tries to make one doesn't deserve to have a license, you are incompetent.
    07-12-08 07:07 PM
    I just did it like 3 minutes ago.
    07-12-08 07:52 PM
    There is no excuse, and anyone who tries to make one doesn't deserve to have a license, you are incompetent

I think my mother is posting here incognito.
    07-12-08 07:58 PM

I think my mother is posting here incognito.
    I assure you I posess none of the required...erm...equipment to be your mother

I was just fortunate enough to have a very attentive one that taught me to respect other people, including not putting them at risk for my own selfish wants.
    07-12-08 08:47 PM
    i dont even like talking on the phone while driving let alone text messageing.
    I still remember this story..i donno what city it was..maybe my own. but there was this horrible crash. killed 4 girls, and investigators found out that it was most likely due to the driver text messageing.

I do keep my BB on the tray, i usually pull over if it goes off or dings indicateing i got a new message.
    and it never really bothers me if the sound is off while im driving.
    07-12-08 09:08 PM
    Every day while driving home from work. Or checking to see the traffic report. What else is there to do in rushhour traffic. Taking pictures of the idiots and sending them to friends.
    07-12-08 09:11 PM
    Ahhh... well ...at red lights only.Sometimes not at red lights, and one-handed.
    07-12-08 09:58 PM
    i dont even like talking on the phone while driving let alone text messageing.
    I still remember this story..i donno what city it was..maybe my own. but there was this horrible crash. killed 4 girls, and investigators found out that it was most likely due to the driver text messageing.
    I believe that was in New York either last summer or the summer before. I am unfortunately guilty of doing it from time to time but I have almost completely stopped because a girl I went to school with few years ago died last month in a car accident because she was texting.
    07-13-08 01:42 AM
    a girl I went to school with few years ago died last month in a car accident because she was texting.
    And that should be everyone's wake up call.
    07-13-08 01:47 AM
    Yes I too am guilty of doing this....and its a law out here.
    Almost like a speeding ticket...
    I am both handed, its easier to type on a keyboard.
    07-13-08 05:48 AM
    I usually do not. I just found a useful program called Vlingo. It allows me to send texts, emails, web search, and more by voice.
    Has anyone else been using this?
    If this was already posted, accept my apologies, but when I looked through the 10 pages of this post I didn't see it.

07-13-08 06:39 AM
    I'll admit I'm guilty of having done this before in the past. However, I got a bluetooth headset (Motorola H12) and downloaded Vlingo (mentioned before earlier in this thread) to fix this problem. Hopefully, this solution will work in the longterm...
    07-13-08 06:47 AM
    I only do it at red lights or in traffic
    07-13-08 09:31 AM
    I cant think of a spot I haven't used my Pearl,,, watching TV, while using my home pc, bathroom, work, diaper changes, text'ing while driving, and yes I use both hands,,,,

caught myself using using it the other day, while I was doing the dishes, and even break it out during sex,,,, hehehe,,, gotta love the camera, lol

Just go ahead and say it,,, I know, I am a addict
    07-13-08 10:43 AM
    Unfortunately, yes! I know I shouldn't be so I try to not too!

I would say for the most part two handed!
    07-13-08 12:51 PM
    I think the majority are guilty of this...

Hey at this point when do you think car insurance companies will be asking if you own a blackberry???
    07-13-08 01:48 PM
    Misterrx,
    You said you had vlingo, I just tried the website and they said they don't support verizon with their (beta version) which version do you have??
    Thanks in advance
    07-16-08 12:53 AM
    I do it but I shouldn't
    07-16-08 01:31 AM
    I really try not to while moving, but at red lights all the time, only problem is I don't always see it turn green!

07-16-08 01:40 AM
    I just thought I'd post this warning to people who text while driving:

A local 18 year old girl took her eyes off the road to ANSWER her ringing cellphone (she wasn't even texting). She hit a two year old boy. She was so engrossed in answering her phone she didn't realize she'd done it; she thought she'd hit a pot hole. She looked back out of her window and couldn't see anything because the boy had rolled off the road and into a ditch. He later died.

If she had been PAYING ATTENTION instead of being worried about her cellphone she either wouldn't have hit him at all OR could have used her cellphone to get emergency response there quicker, thereby saving his life. It isn't just about putting other motorists in danger, it's yourself, kids... you never know what can happen out there on the road.

And no... I don't text while driving (I rarely text at all) and have even been known to let calls go while driving.
    Ya know... I have a 9 month old son that is on the brink of walking, and when I hear about things like what you posted it makes me think of my son, and it damn near brings me to tears.

It amazes me how STUPID, yes STUPID some of you in this thread are. I don't care if you insult me, call me self-righteous, parental, or whatever else your teeny, tiny little brains can think of. If you text and drive, you are just plain idiotic. Read the story this guy posted. When you are done, read it again, and one more time after that. Even if he is making it up, it is something that can really happen, easily, and should still make you think... If you're actually capable of thinking that is....

I have no concern for possibly insulting any of you that are guilty of this, so I really couldn't care less if what I say bothers you. Those of you that are going so far as to be proud of your text-while-driving ability, or think it is nothing but a big joke are sick, pathetic, and twisted people.

I hope it one day causes you to get in an accident with a non-living object. I don't wish for you to get hurt, but I hope it absolutely totals your car to teach you a well deserved lesson...
    07-16-08 02:21 AM
    I do not txt while driving either, however I dont get up on my soap box and call people stupid. Your right, people like you dont like to care what others think, all you care about is having your little dictator moment, this is a forum for sharing your opinions, not for being straight rude to people. And I dont care how many posts you have, or how long you have been here, that still dose not give you the right to be rude.
    Last edited by hilhi2005; 07-16-08 at 02:38 AM. Reason: change wording
    07-16-08 02:36 AM
    I do not txt while driving either, however I dont get up on my soap box and call people stupid. Your right, people like you dont like to care what others think, all you care about is having your little dictator moment, this is a forum for sharing your opinions, not for being straight rude to people. And I dont care how many posts you have, or how long you have been here, that still dose not give you the right to be rude.
    People that act as though driving and texting is a joke deserved to be treated nothing less than rude...

Think whatever you want of my approach, I really don't care. None of it changes the fact that they are wrong, and to treat it lightly is nothing short of stupid.

Sorry, but I call them as I see them.
    07-16-08 03:09 AM
576 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD