View Poll Results: Do you use your phone while driving?

Voters
452. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time, I'm great at one handed texting!

162 35.84%
  • Only talk w/ Bluetooth or Handsfree.

68 15.04%
  • I drive with my knees and do all sorts of other things.

109 24.12%
  • NEVER, it's much too dangerous.

113 25.00%
    I didn't read all the pages, but did anyone mention Vlingo? Its great for dialing/texting while on the go and its fairly accurate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 07:39 PM
    its illegal
    04-09-09 08:29 PM
    its a lot easier with a pearl.. wouldnt you agree?
    Definitely is in my opinion.
    04-09-09 11:59 PM
    04-14-09 10:08 AM
    *_- B U M P -_*
    04-22-09 10:29 AM
    I text while driving.. with my storm its very tricky.
    04-22-09 10:34 AM
    For those who think its ok, hoping none are military or dependents who drive on base. That's a QUICK way to lose driving privileges and those who do live in places like Lejeune know its a hefty cab fare to the gate every day.

Texting and driving is something almost everyone does, fine. Don't be so callous and naieve to think that you are the god of the road and you're just that good a driver. I've seen worse wrecks come out of texting and driving than drinking and simple failure to observe traffic laws (like making a left hand turn across six lanes from the far right) maybe what you're saying is important to you but it sure as **** isn't to the person(s) that you could endanger.

Don't get me wrong millions of people do it and get away feeling bulletproof because they beat the odds. I'd feel safer driving in TQ than next to you. Get vlingo, or whatever if you're absolutely sure you need it, that's how I send urgent messages if I need to.

But again let the phone backlight get reflected on your windows at night on base please
    04-22-09 11:07 AM
    i have a voice to text program so i speak and it types so i only have to read not type it works 90% of the time if not i just delete it and try it again.
    04-22-09 11:15 AM
    Well My first answer was no! but that has changed...kinda scary when I do it though. So only at red lights.
    04-22-09 11:41 AM
    I use my car's BT to talk, don't txt while driving, though I did at one point when I was on the freeway. I can steer with my knees great though. I'm tempted to check email though I admit to that (and that's stupid).
    04-22-09 12:05 PM
    im not proud of it but unfortunately i do it almost all the time
    04-22-09 12:13 PM
    I never text while driving; however, way back when I used to use a CB while driving and no one ever thought that was dangerous. It's not exactly the same thing, but there are some similarities...
    Just food for thought.
    04-22-09 12:16 PM
    my question is how are you people so good at driving while texting...when i do and yes this sounds so bad and it is but i start drifting closer to either the double yellow lines or the white line...its bad. and im always scared the person infront of me is going to slam on their brakes as soon as i glance down at the phone. idk i guess it comes with time. ive never been one to text and drive, i always just called.
    04-22-09 12:23 PM
    my question is how are you people so good at driving while texting...when i do and yes this sounds so bad and it is but i start drifting closer to either the double yellow lines or the white line...its bad. and im always scared the person infront of me is going to slam on their brakes as soon as i glance down at the phone. idk i guess it comes with time. ive never been one to text and drive, i always just called.
    I'm not convinced any of these people ARE any good at driving.
    I'm sure everyone who texts regularly while driving thinks it's perfectly safe until they get into an accident and either get killed or kill someone else.
    After which they don't talk about it quite as much anymore.
    04-22-09 12:31 PM
    I'm not convinced any of these people ARE any good at driving.
    I'm sure everyone who texts regularly while driving thinks it's perfectly safe until they get into an accident and either get killed or kill someone else.
    After which they don't talk about it quite as much anymore.
    Thats very true, I'm scared to do it. I don't want to kill myself or anyone else for that matter. Texting should be left alone while driving! I can talk on the phone, but typing is totally different!
    04-22-09 12:34 PM
    I used to text while driving all the time and was pretty proficient, too. Ever since CA made it illegal, I find that I do it less and I'm more apt to make mistakes because I'm so conscious of it.

So I try to wait until I'm at a stop.
    04-22-09 04:18 PM
    I don't know if this will work, but here is a You Tube of someone texting while riding a scooter...
    Mighty unsafe if you ask me....

04-23-09 10:21 AM
    Only when I know it's a delayed red light and even then it's only to say I've just left somewhere, I'm on my way. Full on conversations can wait till I'm out of the car.
    04-23-09 10:27 AM
    I text on my crotch rocket all the time. I even had someone pull up beside me at a stoplight one afternoon and called me a dumbass. LOL
    04-23-09 10:35 AM
    I text on my crotch rocket all the time. I even had someone pull up beside me at a stoplight one afternoon and called me a dumbass. LOL
    WOW that sounds VERY unsafe!
    Where do you live so i know to never go there!?
    Last edited by thinkamp; 04-23-09 at 12:30 PM.
    04-23-09 11:07 AM
    I have. But since watching "Seven Pounds", I try not to!
    04-23-09 12:06 PM
    Holy mother - now THAT is asking for trouble! Definitely post your location so we can ALL avoid!!
    04-23-09 12:13 PM
    Texting on your crotch rocket... Now that's talent. Do tell how you do it. :P

04-23-09 12:16 PM
    I wait for a red light. If someone needs to get a hold of my badly enough while I'm moving they can call.

It's not worth endangering my life and the lives of others to answer a text.

However, I will admit to doing it while I was younger.
    04-23-09 02:08 PM
    Texting on your crotch rocket... Now that's talent. Do tell how you do it. :P

Its not too tuff, I worry more about dropping my berry when I put it back in the holster than i do anything. Oh and im in NC lol
    05-04-09 01:37 PM
576 ... 21222324
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD