View Poll Results: Do you use your phone while driving?

Voters
452. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time, I'm great at one handed texting!

162 35.84%
  • Only talk w/ Bluetooth or Handsfree.

68 15.04%
  • I drive with my knees and do all sorts of other things.

109 24.12%
  • NEVER, it's much too dangerous.

113 25.00%
    Hi-five!! I know from experience it's a bad choice to make!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well I'm glad someone agrees with me and sees that it's not safe.
    03-31-09 08:05 PM
    Well I'm glad someone agrees with me and sees that it's not safe.
    Yeah, people seem to be proud that they can text and drive! But they don't feel too proud when they're in jail or the hospital cause they were the cause of an accident, maybe a fatal one!

03-31-09 08:10 PM
    I'm very guilty of this. And I use it one handed. I'm very careful about it though

03-31-09 08:18 PM
    You should probably have added some more options to the poll
    03-31-09 08:21 PM
    i used to before i had a blackberry but i probably wouldn't try it now lol...
    03-31-09 08:33 PM
    I dont drive often, but im too aware of my surroundings on the road to text while driving. It takes more of your attention then a blue tooth does. It's way to dangerous in my opinon.
    03-31-09 08:56 PM
    I didn't. I learned from the comments that I could use my knees to drive. I will test tomorrow to see how that could be possible. If I am good at it, I could plead guilty.
    04-01-09 12:10 AM
    I don't drive so this poll isn't applicable to me.
    04-01-09 01:15 AM
    Well, I have done it sometimes but only at red lights.
    04-01-09 01:17 AM
    When I had regular phones, 2 chocolates and 2 env's, I knew my t9 so well I could easily text one handed without looking. With my storm, no way in heck. If I am in a conversation or online, I ask my boyfriend to drive

04-01-09 01:27 AM
    a BIG NO NO for me.. i care for my life and other people's life. It's better to be sure of safety than say sorry..
    04-01-09 05:24 AM
    When I had regular phones, 2 chocolates and 2 env's, I knew my t9 so well I could easily text one handed without looking. With my storm, no way in heck. If I am in a conversation or online, I ask my boyfriend to drive

I was exactly the same, when I had SE's or Nokia's, no problem - rarely looked at the keyboard.

Then I got an iPhone and got PO'd that I couldn't txt because it was a touch screen. Gave iPhone to youngest son and bought my berry, I've text a couple of times, but I feel it's taking too much of my concentration so rarely when I'm going at speed now.

I do talk on BT handsfree a lot though, although that's worrying me too, I drove through a set of lights while gabbling away recently and I still couldn't tell you what colour the light was...
    04-01-09 05:31 AM
    although i am not very proud of it while traveling i definitely drive on long stretches of road-with no traffic around me- with my knees. the lure of bbm is sometimes too much to ignore. however, when i do get into congested areas of town i will not respond until i am able to again
    04-01-09 07:04 AM
    I do it all of the time.

I believe in personal responsibility, i.e. when you are in a town centre with lots of people around, it just doesn't happen.

But when road conditions are fine then text away, however the concept is alien to a large proportion of road users hence a law being created to make it illegal.

And if I do have an accident, I'm just going to blame it on mk.
    04-04-09 06:37 AM
    I actually shut my phone off when I am driving, I got pulled over for texting one time :-(

yeah sadly its illegal now in california. not sure about other states. I got a ticket for talking on it blah...

but i still text. when i had my motorola e815, i'd text non stop but now that i have the storm, i can't text without looking because of the touch screen, so its kind of curbed my texting while driving
    04-04-09 06:42 AM
    I always text while driving but i think it will be more difficult to tect while driving with the storm.
    04-04-09 07:54 AM
    this reminds me of Will Smiths new movie "Seven Pounds"...

he was texting on his blackberry while driving and killed 7 people...

So... yeah... its not clever.
    04-04-09 11:33 AM
    I have but.. Been waiting til i stop to many close calls..
    04-04-09 01:14 PM
    I do it all the time.. tend to go back in forth with doing it one-handed or using my knees to control the wheel and typing quicker with two hands..
    04-04-09 01:23 PM
    I usually wait for the red.

04-04-09 01:41 PM
    i got into a acciedent in the companies vehicle because of texing while driving
    04-04-09 01:45 PM
    i got into a acciedent in the companies vehicle because of texing while driving
    did you get fired?
    04-07-09 02:07 PM
    If he was smart, he didn't tell them he was texting. Lol

04-07-09 03:02 PM
    Some Insurance Companies have been making it a point to pull up cell records to make sure the operator of the vehicle wasn't on the phone at the time of the accident.

I've seen Insurance Companies not cover their assured due to negligence because of this...

Not fun.
    04-07-09 03:23 PM
    Illegal in the UK, and you're a moron if you're doing it. Can only hope that the moron doing it is the one to suffer the maiming and death and not some other innocent road user. Piff.

Whilst I'm at it, talking on the phone whilst driving is also moronic, and using handsfree, although legal, is almost no different to holding the phone. When you make a call you place yourself, mentally, in a room with the person on the other line, you may think you can concentrate on driving and talking but you can't you have to pick one or the other, it's simply how we work as humans. Good luck.
    Last edited by flamingkitties; 04-07-09 at 03:33 PM. Reason: rant
    04-07-09 03:31 PM
576 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD