View Poll Results: Do you use your phone while driving?

Voters
452. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time, I'm great at one handed texting!

162 35.84%
  • Only talk w/ Bluetooth or Handsfree.

68 15.04%
  • I drive with my knees and do all sorts of other things.

109 24.12%
  • NEVER, it's much too dangerous.

113 25.00%
    Can't we let this post die?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 03:05 PM
    Can't we let this post die?

Why let it die? I think it provides good data about how many people are texting and driving.
    12-04-08 03:11 PM
    Because it continues to show how inconsiderate drivers are. If you text and drive you don't give a x?!? about others.

12-04-08 03:16 PM
    Because it continues to show how inconsiderate drivers are. If you text and drive you don't give a x?!? about others.

The same argument could be made about people who listen to music and drive.... so let's shut down all of the threads related to music...
    12-04-08 03:21 PM
    130 euro's if you get caught here and you don't have to even be actually using your phone. Just holding it in your hand is good enough to get you a ticket. I was caught twice this year, damn think of all the stuff I could have bought for that money....a BB Storm....!!!
    In 2009 it will be 180 euro!
    I guess they are right, also tonight I found myself in second lane reacting almost too late on something that happend in front of me. Risking too much...for what? Some crappy SPAM !!!
    12-04-08 03:24 PM

Since when does "What's good for Crackberry.com forums is good for America" apply around here?
    12-04-08 03:27 PM
    This is going to sound awful...but I carry on full conversations via email and txt during my 1hr drive home every day. I use the two hands on phone with knees at 5 & 7 I've become a bit of a touch-typist with the qwerty keyboard so I can watch the road.

Sometimes I'll look up and in my rear view I'll wonder how I managed to negotiate through a funky construction zone etc...'human auto-pilot' is a funky thing.

But on a side note...you can use Vlingo to respond to all text messages allowing you to keep your eyes on the road.
    Last edited by crzynic; 12-05-08 at 03:09 AM. Reason: *side note
    12-05-08 03:05 AM
    try MyCaption.com

let's you do complete handsfree email, notes, tasks, calendar entries and PINs
    12-12-08 10:36 PM
    illegal where I live
    12-12-08 10:54 PM
    I do if I'm at a red light, and only if its something quick.
    12-12-08 11:06 PM
    I do if I'm at a red light, and only if its something quick.
    Yea I'm guilty of that too....and while driving.

12-13-08 02:40 AM
    Here in UK there have been some horrific (fatal) accidents as a result of phone use on the move. Offending drivers can now expect a ban and long jail time if a death occurs.

Traffic cops love it, easy money, guaranteed conviction and an excuse to go over the rest of the vehicle. And a breath test - perfect on the approach to Xmas.

Brings a new meaning to 'Cellphone'. That's where they are heading
    12-13-08 07:15 AM
    The same argument could be made about people who listen to music and drive.... so let's shut down all of the threads related to music...
    Or smoking and driving i hate that you get in back of someone and all you see is them going for the cigs in there purse or they dropped one and there all over the road....
    12-13-08 07:34 AM

Oh Please.

People do it, Whether it's posted here or not.

If you want to live in some little bubble thinking drivers are considerate then don't read this.

The members of Crackberry.Com surely don't want to be responsible for ruining your little fantasy world.
    12-13-08 12:21 PM
    I use my phone(voice/texts) while I drive my car
    I know its dangerous, but I do
    12-13-08 12:24 PM
    Yup now that I have gone back to my curve I am text and drive. And yes, I can drive a straight. lol
    12-13-08 12:36 PM
    I set an auto text of "brd" for an away message.

works great with beejive when people need to be told to wait haha.
    12-13-08 01:29 PM
    I have and it wasnt good
    12-13-08 02:41 PM
    I am guilty of it more than once, and it still scares me to think that I do it. I won't do it in any amount of traffic though...only when I am the only one around.

Except for the armadillo

12-13-08 02:50 PM
    I guess I don't understand what you are doing that requires you to multi-task dangerously? Why not put people on hold for the whole 20 minutes it'll take to get from point A to point B?
    12-13-08 05:46 PM
    Yea I'm guilty of that too....and while driving.

I try not to get crazy with it. When I was younger, I did. But I've seen a lot of accidents happen because people feel a need to drive and text. Especially in the winter and the weather...I just keep my phone in my purse.
    12-13-08 07:23 PM
    lol I gotta make sure I'm not on the road at the same time y'all are. I'd be too afraid I'd wreck and hurt my precious Storm
    12-13-08 10:15 PM
    I thought it would be to hard with a BB, but with the Curve its not to hard...
    12-13-08 10:22 PM
    Nah, it's not that hard with one hand and any Curve/88xx style BB, but it's a whole different story with a Storm or any other touchscreen lol.

That being said, I personally only mess with my BB when I'm at a red light or stuck in stalled traffic, otherwise it's emergency only, and then I usually just call the person lol.

It's been said before, pick one: drive or text....not both. Too many stupid people on the roads, as it is, without the help of an additional handicap <_< lol.

Stay safe out there Crackberry Addicts =)!!

12-14-08 01:05 AM
    12-17-08 10:57 AM
576 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD